[*K.O.T.D.*] - [CIA] - PASS vs BRIXX BELVEDERE

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by KingFly, Apr 6, 2012.

?

Who do you think won?

1. Pass

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Brixx

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

your actually talkin shit to this cat callin him stupid , when your whole pont was if it was anywhere else but--> Canada ??
    THIS BATTLE WAS IN CALIFORNIA FOOL!! THIS WAS KOTD FRESCHOAST 's first event ,, Freshcoast is Westcoast ,, this is KOTD CALI .... so your whole point (if you could call it that) is invalid

regardless of where the battle was , PASS edged rounds 1 and 2
    test
  2. toolate

toolate New Member

Lol.....no shit homie. I'll break it all the way down for you. If this battled happened anywhere other than Cali or Canada, then Brixx would've gotten more reaction and the consensus would've been that Brixx won based off of BARS nigga. Chill.

BARS are respected more than everything else in the midwest and on the east coast. Cali (or Canada)......not that much. If you don't admit to this, then it's no point in having this discussion.
    test
  3. TheOmega

TheOmega Well-Known Member

Why would he admit to something that's not true? There y'all one demensional ass niggas go again thinking that you can judge a whole battle off of one part of battling. Jesus.
    test
  4. J-Professional

J-Professional Well-Known Member

Cali respects "bars", but I get what you're saying. The crowd seemed too high to comprehend some of the shit that Brixx was coming with lol. That's the risk that you take when you base your whole style on wordplay though.

I re-watched this battle earlier. I still think Pass took it, but Brixx WAAAAAAS slept on.
    test
  5. TheRollModel

TheRollModel Member

Such a good battle... Classic shit... Respect KOTD FC... Yadda Ying...
    test
  6. Turn My Swag On

Turn My Swag On Deion Sandals On My Toes

Damn, I dk how people think pass won. He won the crowd, not the battle. Not even close. Pass didn't say one thing that was dope tbh. He fell off.
    test
  7. Turn My Swag On

Turn My Swag On Deion Sandals On My Toes

Damn, I dk how people think pass won. He won the crowd, not the battle. Not even close. Pass didn't say one thing that was dope tbh. He fell off.
    test
  8. scrotie

scrotie aka lil generation gap

yeah us fellas on the board are in the contention that pass said at least one dope thing. that's where the disconnect is
    test
  9. ~madcow~

~madcow~ Member

great battle. pass got the first, brixx got the 2nd, 3rd was very close. brixx rapped for way longer. i think he got less reaction based on performance not being as strong and some of his material was stretched and boring. kotd is dope.
    test
  10. Identity

Identity Shaq fears Yao!

Dope battle. This was a hometown win for Pass but Brixx did better than expected considering he was the underdog.

[​IMG]
    test
  11. theSomnium

theSomnium Soliloquy

Give it time my dude, a man's gotta sleep and watching Brixx's round help put me there.

Pass' 2nd

"You're either stupid and dry snitching on yourself, or it's not true" - Good 8 bar set up contrasting Jersey and the Bay Area.

The next four lines leading to "vaccum sealed " were well delivered and Complimented the previous punchline well.

-1 point for the softer than wet cement line.

Absolut line >>>>>
    Cognac line >>>>>
    "getting named after a brand of liquor" >>>>>

"Yawl on some weird. Phony. Fake. Corny. Stupid. Convoluted Punchline spitting motherf'ers. I hate you n-----s, making me feel like Uncle Ruckus" was hilarious. Delivered perfectly. Describes how a lot of people feel about the SONS style too.
    test
  12. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

Pass's 1st round is one of my all time favs now , fuck the haters
    test
  13. The Dentist

The Dentist Well-Known Member

I dunno how people are hating on Pass's performance.

Dude has sooo much laid back swag. His delivery is EFFORTLESS, while brixx is trying sooo hard and coming off as a corny mahfucka for 50% of the battle.

Pass is just cool, you can see it in his body language, writing style, word choices, phrasing, everything about his verses is so much better than brixx, i dunno what's wrong with you some of you, but I guess everyone's got their own preference.

And wtf @ brixx coming at QP sideways. He wanna go 0-2 in 2012
    test
  14. tatertot

tatertot Member

Pass would have won if he spent his 2nd and 3rd rounds farting into a kazoo.
    test
  15. Hasib47

Hasib47 Ya zee me?

bcuz people are idiots.
    thank you.
    test
  16. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

I'm not trying to start some shit with you my dude.. but remember that Nocando vs. DirtbagDan was supposed to be Nocan's "return to battle rap" that was held in LA (Nocan's hometown) and he still got voted the loss. And let me say in the 20+ years I was in LA.. we didn't share any extra love to the Bay. I'm not trying to say anything bad about the Bay at all when I say this.. but it is what it is. LA music and Bay area Music was extremely different and the artists were very different.

Now personally.. I think Nocan got that battle.. but the whole "Hometown" argument really doesn't fly like that in LA. And, I'd argue that the hosts reacted more enthusiastically to Brixx bars than to Pass' bars. I mean Lush ain't really the type of dude to favor a battler in the MIDDLE of a battle though and old boy on the left of Lush (from the camera's view) had his jaw open damn near the whole battle though... I mean it is what it is and you believe what you believe but that whole "hometown bias" stuff isn't really valid.
    test
  17. toolate

toolate New Member

Repped. We'll just agree to disagree. I completely understand the comparison with Dirtbag vs Nocan. But this battle was extremely different in my opinion. Bars are accepted/welcomed differently in different regions. That's all I'm saying. Brixx would've had way more reaction elsewhere. Pass was on his shit too. But to say that this wasn't biased is a stretch. I mean, niggas laughing and shit when Pass consistently interrupted Brixx's verses? The super disrespectful niggas on URL don't even do that shit. And niggas definitely don't encourage that shit....let alone the "host" getting a kick out of it. You're supposed to tell that nigga to shut the fuck up while the other dude is rappin. That's how it is everywhere else my nigga. Regardless if they homies or not.

Passwurdz literally got a round of applause after the Liquor-Stripper line? It was funny, but a round of applause? Really?? Hometown bias is dying on the East Coast (see: Math vs Calicoe), but it's alive still in the west especially for people like Pass, Thesaurus and Illmac (Illmac being in a league of his own as far as skill obviously). This is coming from an Atlanta nigga by the way. No bias from me. Just my interpretation of the truth. I respect your opinion as well.
    test
  18. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

Respect and Rep back.

There really isn't shit to say about the interruptions. It's bad form in the very least but you can't really say because somebody laughed at that shit when they were blown that it means there's bias. Dudes get lifted and they laugh at shit.. can't really regulate that.

And I'll say that the Liquor-Stripper line was a good line but the reaction that you think was over the top has more to do with the venue than the city. The Basement has been a MAJOR underground hip hop spot for years in LA. It's definitely The (San Fernando) Valley's #1 Underground spot hands down. Shit when I was a kid I caught 3 busses to get there to cop shit that I couldn't get anywhere else (before the internet was popping like that for Indie Hip Hop). A lot of Non-LA heads have heard of Leimert Park and Freestyle Fellowship but for the Valley Heads.. The Basement was the spot. So I mean.. that old school "Underground" vibe dies hard though.. so a rapper on some newer shit has to work harder to get through to the crowd. Brixx wasn't on some Hoes, Money, Guns shit.. but Pass referring to Belvedere on that Liquor shit made Brixx pretty similar to that shit in the crowd's mind. And that's that old Freestyle strategy coming back. Know the crowd, win the crowd, win the battle. You feel me?
    test
  19. toolate

toolate New Member

I feel you on that homie. Win the crowd, win the battle and the consensus opinion. Pretty much like Tech-9. Not comparing the two because Pass is better clearly, but it's the same concept. Fully agreed.

I just regularly don't see a nigga literally talking through someone else's rounds. Pretty rare thing, but it seemed mad casual at this particular event. Hopefully Lush gets that shit in check before a nigga whose not as laid back as Brixx beats him to it. Some niggas simply won't tolerate writing 3 rounds, flying to Cali and being interrupted every 20 seconds.
    test
  20. RonSimmons

RonSimmons my name, is Battle Rap

[youtube]S6kMhNqG5N4[/youtube]

pass kills this
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.