[*K.O.T.D.*.] -[BLACKOUT2] - PAT STAY vs THE SAURUS (*Officially Confirmed*)

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by _Organik_, Dec 1, 2011.

?

Who Do You Think Will Win ???

1. The Saurus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pat Stay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

You can monetize battle rap without getting money from views.
    test
  2. trichomes

trichomes 76

i hope one of these two comes with original angles for the other

i have faith
    test
  3. JackDeuce

JackDeuce Well-Known Member

Not only am I a Canadian who voted Thesaurus, I'm a Nova Scotian who did :O
    test
  4. Thick Frog

Thick Frog New Member

i have the answer...

do a ppv for one battle.

say this one.

5 bucks to watch.

make that one battle high quality as you can for the live feed and make sure its one that will deliver.

the rest can go on youtube with special release of the PPV with more leadup or whatever around it... (that part maybe could be worked on)

the fans get imediate satisfaction the league maintains the channel presence well
    test
  5. Thick Frog

Thick Frog New Member

oh and you could pair the paper view with a couple undercards top showcase them with the top billing getting some new guys some exposure...

edit undercards worse then anything already announced for blackout.
    test
  6. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

The problem with making money from battlerap is that the managements keep trying to think of ways to get the viewers to chip in somehow like the ppv's etc. Until the demand is so high that bootlegs won't matter, it's still an unfeasible idea. You'd also need ironclad agreements with upload sites and watchdogs for around the clock to counteract attempts on the product. If it's not working for the RIAA, it's not going to work for battlerap, period. It sucks for the viewers that WOULD support, but it is what it is. Now, if you want to have a stream for a select group that previously agrees on payment (meaning that they wired the money, not just a verbal agreement), one that you know for a fact wouldn't try something shady, that's another thing completely which you could explore, like movie co.'s do with private screenings.

Basically, I'd promote more proactive ideas pertaining to different avenues for viewers if you want to get them to shell out some cash. People with [x] amount of friends on FB that post the link on their wall and get people to click and like it getting a discount pertaining to the leagues product, or people with [x] amount of followers on twitter, etc.

I read somewhere in one of these threads that there was an idea about battlerap DVD's coming back and if people would buy it. A DVD's success over bootlegs and possible youtube rips would be to have it be interactive in ways that can only be achieved by owning a physical, watermarked copy. Also, something like certain cases contain a voucher inside for discounts on merch or tickets to an event, or drink vouchers for any event during that year, etc. Fans that buy these dvd's and find a prize inside should be encouraged to post it on the KOTD (or whatever company) FB wall or twitter, or main site, so that word gets out and other are encouraged so demand increases. Also, not only having battles, but buildups to the battles, explanations, why they make sense, battler bio's, etc.

Just my 2 cents. These idea's could've been visited, but if I were at the helm and had an amount of capital to throw at something, this is what I'd think about first.
    test
  7. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

I'm rooting for that day too. There's a LOT of money to be made off the internet and I really believe if the leagues can get into that then they can move on to even bigger and better things. I can't wait for the day when GTEC, KotD or URL don't use YouTube or anything else anymore and can not just survive but THRIVE off the gate and advertising as well.
    test
  8. onlyoneq

onlyoneq New Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    test
  9. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

Doubleposting because I'm lazy but I don't think a subscription service that lets users view the battle three days to a week early on the website for maybe ten bucks a year would do badly at all. I don't think there would necessarily be THAT much incentive to rip the videos and put them up for views a few days early. It WOULD be impossible to absolutely keep the videos from being ripped but it might help to protect them if they weren't on a service where you can easily rip them with a Firefox extension.

Also I think the main goal for monetizing should be advertisement.
    test
  10. Oneduh

Oneduh Digital Scale Ent.

Sure you can.. But who has done it?

With the views these battles generate anyone who has made money online can tell you that there is without a doubt money there.. It's not guesswork just a matter of doing it
    test
  11. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

The excitement is probably because this battle combined with all the other ones already announced and several other matches that haven't been announced that may also be big, it makes all the battles seem more hype.
    test
  12. halifamous

halifamous New Member

yeahhh pat stay gone win this
    test
  13. halifamous

halifamous New Member

[youtube]eJ7afpE7ryE[/youtube]
    test
  14. IAmMrGetItDone

IAmMrGetItDone Mr. Get It Done

ganik just call norbes and ask them how they do it
    test
  15. ivey[cb]

ivey[cb] Keep Bangin

lml this video kills me everytime i see it.. i swear i see the Tahoe or w/e with the big ass rims outside of my work office multiple times a week lol..
    test
  16. DECIBEL67

DECIBEL67 New Member

i expect nothing but thesaurus' best performance. pats dope when he trys to rap good. but that shock value shit is tired tho.

im bettin the farm on pete.
    test
  17. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

hahaha i just noticed garry james in this video at :51 seconds hahahaha
    garry james aka papa grand aka Detroit Velvet Smooth from TPB
    test
  18. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

Summer madness I dont want to derail this thread anymore though I will eventually get around to writing how these leagues can make money.
    test
  19. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

wow that video brings back fucking memories. at 1:57 is a pic of two guys against a wall. thats from springhill pen. guy on the left is one of the guys i used to do all my crime with. wade beals hes doing 25 for murder. beat some dude to death behind a corner store in my old neighborhood - churchill and kennedy
    test
  20. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

guess i should of listened to more cuz he mentions wade doing life. and the white guy at 3:52 is the dude who stabbed a cab driver 20+ times and only got 6 years when i got my 9 year sentence.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.