[*K.O.T.D*] - [BLACKOUT] - [TITLE MATCH] - ARCANE vs. BENDER

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Ryan KOTD, Jan 26, 2011.

?

do you agree with the judges?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2011.
  1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

I'm the opposite, I prefer hearing Big Ben's hurried delivery
    passionately filmed by Godvocado

Zero is single-handedly ruining the battle for me.
    First bender broke the 'youre a raver" multi
    now 0 is breaking the whole verse
    test
  2. ILLEATYAFACE

ILLEATYAFACE New Member

test
  3. troubledwaters

troubledwaters New Member

The number of people who think Arcane won is pretty disproportionate to the number of dope lines by him that have been posted. Correct me if I'm wrong, but has anyone really been posting anything other than the Bulls-eye/pulled pork sandwich and mind on his tummy and he's hungry all the time?

Meanwhile people are quoting tons of Bender's shit (even without Zero). noreaga/foreign beggars/hornets' lair, stars on their knees/guards toss the keys, ho starved for attention/postpartum depression, human centipede, chilean minor, shake the hand of your replacement, title's only as respected as the motherfuckin' man that holds it... etc. etc. etc.

This battle pretty much turned out as I expected. I watched it once and thought it was pretty close. Now after watching it three times, it's pretty clear that Bender won all three rounds. Yeah he had two slip ups that didn't make him lose momentum at all, had sloppy breath control that doesn't make much of a difference unless you're looking for it, and he didn't project well... this is the footage. You guys can hear him, right? So what's the problem? Also, not his fault if the crowd goes crazy for a scheme they don't understand.

One thing I will say in Arcane's defense: Ragging on him for 'cheese on a nacho' is as dumb as ragging on Bender for 'orca trainer.' Both are lines that would be bad as punches with a lot of emphasis but are good as setups. The problem with the Arcane scheme is that it ended with 'fleas on his poncho,' which I'd say is actually a weaker concept than cheese on a nacho.
    test
  4. Scouser Bino

Scouser Bino New Member

he even said he lost momentum lmaoo
    test
  5. troubledwaters

He said he lost momentum in the third because he was losing his voice.

Even that wasn't apparent on the footage.
    test
  6. MAKOTO.

MAKOTO. HACK DETECTOR

for a bit i was actually debating on who won the battle. i was considering that bender might not have spat that many actual punchlines and focused more on rap. but listening through the first 2 rounds bender had a lot of punchlines within those raps. Punchlines that were superior and more creative then Arcs. Arcanes material might have been more relevant towards bender but definitely not as powerful as the ones bender was spitting.

Bender definitely got rounds 1 and 2 in my eyes so i didnt even need to review the third.

when the battle first dropped i wasnt that impressed but you know Bender has that replay value in his verses so after listening through them again i definitely enjoyed a lot of shit in it that i didnt catch the first time.
    test
  7. Scouser Bino

Scouser Bino New Member

how is losing ur voice not slipping up
    test
  8. troubledwaters

Alright, I definitely forgot some good Arcane lines. Cane vs. Lesnar, Harry from Jumpoff, Bad Information, Bender/Intervention, Bender ends with Cane like you overdosed on coke, etc.

Still, I was going to watch through the battle and make a note of every quotable each guy said... but Bender seriously has too many. I do respect the opinion of those who say Arcane won but in all honesty I don't understand it. I mean, whether Bender would have won if he had choked would be a more fair argument to me.
    test
  9. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

Sorry dude. I've been goin a bit too hard in the paint.
    test
  10. trichomes

trichomes 76

real t i wanna love bender pause so much

but i cant even rewatch this battle

idk
    test
  11. troubledwaters

So PH's entire performance against Eurgh was a giant slip-up?

Again, do you even really notice it watching the footage?
    test
  12. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

felt bender took it

arcane is dope but he didnt come as strong , benders style is redic
    test
  13. Scouser Bino

Scouser Bino New Member

i did
    a lot of people earlier in this thread and in general said bender lost momentum in the 3rd as well.
    test
  14. _Organik_

_Organik_ Deaf Villian This Guy's

There's a reason I'm not a judge lol

I enjoy the battle for it's entirety, I judge how the battle was ran and how it was put together, that's my job. In the end, it came out amazing, that's all I care about, I don't care who wins or loses battles, you perform good and Ill give u good match ups, but my job is to judge the entertainment value at the venue and to judge the entertainment value in the video presentation.

Congrats to both on a epic video for the history books

these title matches are intense as fuck live, I'm confiden we choose good judges and understand that judgin is a matter of opionion unlike in any other form of competition. I select judges who are loyal and take their job seriously, these guys have 10 seconds to decide after a 30min battle, there is alot OD pressure, they have the crowd and MC RIGHT INFRONT OF THEM. it's no easy task but I feel our judges are as credible as they get. They show up to EVERY EVENT, they travel to other divisions and they wath every video and there jugement to them is just as important as the mc's bars are to them. YAS flys in from NYC for every battle, Dj Se7en travels country wide to attend events, gully, Dax n Mindbender are at every event and take their jobs as a judge very serious. Thwy hav an important job and I feel they do a great job doing what they do.
    test
  15. troubledwaters

After watching it again, I'd agree that it's noticeable but honestly any momentum which he lost from it (which is little to none regardless of what he said) didn't really make a difference. His shit at the very end was still hard-hitting.
    test
  16. Scouser Bino

Scouser Bino New Member

yea he definitely brought it back in the end. 3rd was definitely close, all about whether u thought arcanes lines were funny or not, i thought they were funny and dope but obviously that's subjective.
    it was weird cuz arcanes performance was consistent as always whereas benders in comparison wasn't but benders writing thru the 3 rounds was consistently dope as usual, whereas arcanes 2nd was trash n wasted.

it's all about whether u think arcanes performance outweighed benders pen game, cuz bender definitely didn't outrap him in terms of flow or anything

bender prolly did get it tho for completely bodying the 2nd whereas the 1st n 3rd were mad close
    test
  17. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

He lost a bit of steam in the 3rd, but those last few lines were hardbody. Perfect way to flip the whole "true story" shit.

Also lol @ the biggest smile ever from Organik during Bender's 1st 8 or so bars in round 1.

Apologies to Mookie for continuing to post in this thread.
    test
  18. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

KOTD has by far the best and most consistent judging whether I agree with them or not. And Kudos, for you to throwing yet another great event.
    test
  19. statuez

statuez New Member

if bender battles in ny he will get the same treatment as thesaurus. that type of shit doesnt fly there bruvvvv
    test
  20. ZEDD

ZEDD Active Member

:funny:

"Arcane won because Bender slipped up" not "Arcane won because he was doper"
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.