[*K.O.T.D*] - [BLACKOUT] - [TITLE MATCH] - ARCANE vs. BENDER

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Ryan KOTD, Jan 26, 2011.

?

do you agree with the judges?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2011.
  1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JONNY STORM

JONNY STORM Dominiking

i know im in the minority of heads that think Arcane won....but honestly i was never really a fan of Arcane, until this battle here, i think he really took this W
    test
  2. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

This.

I was a huge fan of Bender and thought Arcane was kinda lame, but 'cane came fuckin' with it this time.

That pulled-pork sandwich line in Arcane's 3rd was slept on hard.

Round 1 - Bender
    Round 2 - Arcane (by a landslide)
    Round 3 - Arcane (but very, very close).

P.S. I know it's a battle, but I woulda beat Arcane into another dimension if he did that titty grab shit to me.
    test
  3. Panda...

Panda... New Member

Human centipede scheme made me slap myself.
    test
  4. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

Now choose your weaponry, removin useless goof's like you's my specialty
    I'm the type to ruin loops in studio booths extensively
    You're the type to smuggle in a couple Cuban refugees
    And refuse to let them leave your room for several weeks
    While you fuse yourself between them in a human centipede

He had more rhyming than non-rhyming words in this :cry:
    test
  5. Str8 Ghostin

Str8 Ghostin New Member

A lot of Arcanes lines are garbage. Who gives a fuck how well he performed, I seriously can't believe people are still vocal about how he 'got robbed'.

His lines were like; "You smell like the cheese off a nacho" and "Fleas in his poncho". That right there lost him the battle. Like are you fucking kidding me? And he literally had one of the worst/most boring schemes I've ever heard in a rap battle that he basically wasted his second round on.

Smh at a lot of ya'll for real. This board is flakey as fuck, one minute it's Arcane is horrible and Bender is the greatest, then the next it's Bender sucks and Arcane got robbed.

Fuck next week it's going to be Ness Lee is garbage and Okwerdz is awesome again.
    test
  6. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

I feel like i've articulated in multiple threads why I feel like Bender struggled and i've been open to hear why people think Bender did so well. But don't you think that you might be so stuck on the fact on supporting why you like him so much that your so biased to even consider some of the flaws Bender had in his performance. I think it's no surprise that his most ardent supporters on this thread are from Canada.

No one has said Bender sucks or that Bender isn't good. But I do feel like he didn't come as hard performance wise to take the crown away from Arcane.

Simple as that.
    test
  7. Sheldon_87

Sheldon_87 Member

Arcane won the 2nd round by a landslide? That has got to be the funniest post in this thread. Bender crushed him in the 2nd round. Arcane's 2nd round was the worst round of the battle. That Jonathan Bender shit was terrible. lol
    test
  8. illmatiK23

illmatiK23 .gif game proper

Nobody denied any of the flaws that Bender had. Did he stumble a few times? Yes. Was his projection weak at times? Yes. Did it affect his performance? Not enough.

And your last comment reminds me of some Shogun-Machida shit. Shogun decisively beat Machida but they didn't feel that he dominated the fight enough to win the championship. I find that to be pretty stupid though. If you beat your opponent, you deserve to win, no matter what title he holds or his accolades are. Arcane came prepared to battle but simply didn't win.
    test
  9. itslinx

itslinx Unngghh!!

Again, Bender didn't body Arcane.. but how can you say Bender didn't win this? I'm a fan of both just for the record. But Bender got more crowd reaction, his lines were doper and he was just better overall. Arcane was rapping better while Bender seemed a little out of breath a few times, but he was able to make up for that with some great lines. People can hate on the usage of multis in battles all they want, but Bender is great at it. Maybe the best in a while. His shit makes sense. If anyone didn't like Arcane before this battle for some reason, this should make them reconsider. He just didn't spit enough good lines imo. You can give him the 3rd I guess, but that's it.
    test
  10. illmatiK23

illmatiK23 .gif game proper

1080p > 360p tbh.
    test
  11. scrotie

scrotie aka lil generation gap

the fuck??
    test
  12. DestroNY

DestroNY Teem Weed

:funny: Indeed. My internet hasnt been too fast since yesterday, I don't know if its the shitty weather or what, but the best I could do for this battle last night was 480. 720 was just stopping after loading the first 5-10 minutes of the battle, and that took like 20 minutes to load. After 3 tries I said fuck it and took what I could get.
    test
  13. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I meant that relatively speaking.

As in, that was the most clear-cut, decisively won round in the battle. Bender won the first, but I could conceivably see the debate, and Arcane winning the third is a bit iffy.

Honestly, one of the few times when a OT would be completely justified.
    test
  14. scrotie

scrotie aka lil generation gap

wasnt arcanes second round the one with the jonathan bender shit? that was the worst round of the battle
    test
  15. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

I actually thought the first round could've gone either way or a tie (I gave it to Arcane)

The 2nd Bender clearly won

And The 3rd Arcane clearly won.
    test
  16. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

You and I obviously have vastly different criteria for what constitutes a winning round, lol.
    test
  17. ILLEATYAFACE

ILLEATYAFACE New Member

how did arcane win with fat jokes? i dont get it

a champions closing round.... fat jokes and titty grabbing
    test
  18. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

Arcane had a FEW clever lines, but nothing terribly outstanding.

When Bender was on point, he murdered Arcane.

OOOH YOU STOLE YOUR WHOLE RAP STYLE FROM A FRIEND AND I KNOW HIS NAME TOO

GOT YOU!
    test
  19. TheRealWarlock

TheRealWarlock Top 5 In The 505

THIS tbh

/thread
    test
  20. Joey Clips

Joey Clips Well-Known Member

i agree.... i think he won... and i never liked him... i think peoples hate for arkane... combined with there love for bender is clouding theyre judgement

like i said earlier... if ur going on technical skills as far as structure and rhyme scheme.. then bender was better.... but there was alot of filler as far as im concerned.. and besides filler all he talked about was how arkanes true stories... arent true stories... wich we all already knew
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.