[*K.O.T.D*] - [ALCATRAZ 4/20] - Official PPV & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by _Organik_, Apr 21, 2013.

1. sleeping dogs

sleeping dogs Active Member

jc vs caustic was kinda underwhelming. jc probably coulda took the 3rd but his round seemed to end pretty short.
    test
  2. sleeping dogs

jc had too much of this homonym shit in his first round that wasn't that dope. that jordan release bar was cold, but idk i wasn't "fillin" it.
    test
  3. MattHouston

MattHouston Future Favorite Rapper

"Tryna carry the west son, you Kim Kardashian nigga"

- 100 Bulletz
    test
  4. SeanConstantine

SeanConstantine Active Member

Dirtbag Dan bodies him with one line.
    test
  5. sleeping dogs

kinda close battle. bullets w/o stumbles woulda made it look closer, maybe even edged it in his favor but DBD won that. DBD has been doing pretty good his past few battles
    test
  6. sleeping dogs

"just because you got your name from a graphic novel doesn't mean you have to be a graphic novelty" - DBD
    test
  7. sleeping dogs

pass vs remyd n isaac knox vs topr were probably the best battles. i enjoyed just about every battle tho. great event. better than vendetta
    test
  8. J-Professional

J-Professional Well-Known Member

Overall thoughts? Favorite performances, rounds, etc.? Sound, visual feedback?
    test
  9. JesusOfRap

JesusOfRap DO SOMETHING FOOL

caustics one of my local favs but i like how JC went in and just got work done. maybe 3-0 jc. caustic was short with his first and forgot his 3rd round closer. 2nd i have to re-watch.
    test
  10. sleeping dogs

that was prob. the best kotd ppv i've seen. i think pass, topr, and remyd had the best performances. the sound was on point, i could make out just about everything and the visuals were about as good as they usually are. no complaints really.
    test
  11. Wird of Pley

Wird of Pley I Slice My Own Ham

Holy fuck that is a great bar.
    test
  12. 3xthoroughb

3xthoroughb Crakk Nicholson

pass was in top form that was battle of the night

a lot of bodies i thought except caddy vs reverse live which was a close one

pretty good event. decided to get the ppv and support again since i hadnt since canibus n diz. id prefer the streams were live tho i understand the hassle
    test
  13. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

The replays of the event are up on Ustream now for anyone who missed the stream.
    test
  14. sleeping dogs

i'll say that i hope this event ends the whole word association playback like for lack of actual reference from the event, when fresco playbacked the "peel, fruit juice, vitamin c" line. there was some of that in practically every battle
    test
  15. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

KOTD Presents: ALCATRAZ Part 1, Recorded on 13-04-21 kingofthedot on USTREAM. Hip-Hop/Rap
    KOTD Presents: ALCATRAZ Part 2, Recorded on 13-04-21 kingofthedot on USTREAM. Hip-Hop/Rap
    ALCATRAZ Part 3, Recorded on 13-04-21 kingofthedot on USTREAM. Hip-Hop/Rap

all three parts of the ppv - available to watch forever - you can still watch blackout 2 on ppv
    test
  16. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

paydin cash couldnt make it (py battle) and thats it
    there was a possibility of pro vs qp but it wasnt advertised
    test
  17. Contra Diction

Contra Diction Well-Known Member

great event..pass/remy is a classic. DBD had a stellar performance. Fredo/Pariah was nice as hail. Caddy/Reverse might have been my 2nd favorite of the night. EK/Cutter was dope. Topr was nasty, Isaac was real dope too, but crowd slept on him heavy. D-Lor bodied the fuck outta that other kid. All in all, sick event, heres lookin forward to the next LA one!
    test
  18. 3xthoroughb

3xthoroughb Crakk Nicholson

winners imo

bonnie
    deadman
    reverse
    topr
    everybody knows
    d lor derp
    fredo
    jc
    pass
    dbd
    test
  19. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

konshis pilot was dope as fuck
    test
  20. SeanConstantine

SeanConstantine Active Member

The sound was great. Such a huge improvement over the other KOTD PPVs I've seen. The video was good, too. Really great job from the Fresh Coast crew. Honestly, I watched the last couple ones over just to try and catch the lines, but had to wait until Youtube to really get the proper feel of the event. This was completely different. Much respect.

Best match, for me, was Pass vs RemyD (I will need to rewatch to pick a winner).

Biggest mismatch was Bonnie Godiva vs Germ Free.

Overall, Hell of an event. I wish the crowd didn't get so stoned that they stoped really caring for the last few battles. I was disappointed that neither Caustic nor JC went ham, and that the battle was really decided by Caustic's third round (which was still nowhere near his third round with John John).

With that said, so much to rewatch. Watching Ron defend himself against Reverse Live was great. The Deadman is a beast, and I really look forward to seeing more of him. Props to Topr for spitting some incredibly disrespectful funny shit, and to Isaac Knox for doing really well in his third round to show that he deserved to be there (I felt like he was a Christian novelty up until that point). Straight up, under card to main event, this was solid.
    test