Battle Video [*K.O.T.D.*] - [2013 GZ GP] - MEGADEF vs AYEM

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by KingFly, Jun 13, 2013.

?

Do you agree with the decision?

1. Yes

60.5%
  2. No

39.5%
  1. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo Active Member

Great battle. Mega got this.
    test
  2. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

Lmaoo you're a funny guy bro
    test
  3. fudatskee

fudatskee Member

last I remembered, mega was some dude who yelled and was annoying. Wow, I was surprised how much better he sounds w/this new style. He had bars but also made the crowd laugh which is important. If he keeps it up and improves, maybe we have Caustic 2.0. Oh yeah, don't listen to Avo.
    test
  4. Observer426

Observer426 Active Member

Impressive performance by Megadef. Would actually be sick to see Megadef vs Notez.
    test
  5. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

That would be great
    test
  6. Drones

Drones Active Member

I only remember watching megadef's diz battle. he definitely improved his delivery compared to that, but it still wasn't that nice to me. he just talked/wispered a lot. ayem actually raps in a really dope way. and I throught they did equally well in terms of material. ayem clearly had the first and third to me. the crowd slept on him, though, and seemed to really want mega to win.
    test
  7. 315AMMUSIC

315AMMUSIC Well-Known Member

Damn, Mega switching up his style like that was good for him. Wish he would've done that against Diz and KG. Mega took it 2-1. Dude had some crazy punches in every round in comparison to Ayem.
    test
  8. queensnyc

queensnyc MoveBirdsLikeAnnaPaquin

real dope props to both ... too close for me to call
    test
  9. dexptjy

dexptjy Active Member

Ayem got robbed. Dead at the 2 judges that gave it to Mega with no analysis, after having two fair opinions on why Ayem deservedly won.
    test
  10. MegaWHAT

MegaWHAT Active Member

Mega 2.0 ?
    test
  11. GraphicNature

GraphicNature Well-Known Member

I had to go with Ayem on this one, 2 rounds to 1, giving Ayem and 3 and Mega slightly edging round 2.....Regardless of the choke, I think Mega stretched the "you look like bars" to much.....And then going into the the third he still continued the "you look like bars" for a decent part of his round, and it started to get redundant....Its like when dudes use to many name flip bars, yeah some of them are gonna be hot if you spit enough of them, but the rest are just so so, but this crowd seemed to go nuts after every "you look like bar"
    test
  12. GraphicNature

GraphicNature Well-Known Member

Also dead@ the people saying Ayem just didn't have the punches like Mega did...Do yourselves a favor and rewatch Ayems rounds in slow motion......
    test
  13. OfficialBpayne

OfficialBpayne Active Member

Ayem had a few punches but they just did not connect nor were nearly as entertaining as Megadef.. listen I started out being a Mega critic..first battle I saw by him was Mega vs Diz.. and In that one I liked some of his lines but his delivery and crowd control was Horrible.. Then I saw him improve some with each battle. But this one has shown the Most marked improvement in my opinion and I think he Clearly Won this
    test
  14. paranormalezac

paranormalezac awkward as fuck

On a second watch Ayem was right Mega got that, 2-1 though.
    test
  15. mikeski

mikeski New Member

It would be entertaining to see Diz change his style and then have a rematch with Mega.
    test
  16. MegaWHAT

MegaWHAT Active Member

I feel this battle deserved the (Lefty vs A Class) treatment tbh.
    test
  17. MegaWHAT

MegaWHAT Active Member

Not being cocky, if there is a better battle then this one in the entire GZGP, ..then this shouldnt be on the main page. But I feel like there isnt.. #west
    test
  18. SpecialOhEmPics

SpecialOhEmPics Well-Known Member

I dont think theres been a better one yet. i dont know who the next guy u vs is u pretty confident or what?
    be cool if ur in finals. still gonna lose then tho
    test
  19. cobaltkillz

cobaltkillz Member

I dont think theres been a better one yet. i dont know who the next guy u vs is u pretty confident or what?
    be cool if ur in finals. still gonna lose then tho

cobalt45 vs lexdiamond which drops monday was better.. church
    test
  20. Tricky P

Tricky P Well-Known Member

I think the point is that its supposed to be lending credibility to the channel you know, up the subscribers and whatnot ? Wouldn't make sense to put it on KOTD mainpage, when its called the Ground Zero Grand Prix. I don't think its placement was based off the battle quality, everyone's in agreement it was very good.

On another note, Mega although I disagreed with Avo's breakdown, he had a point in that it was very effective when you brought the aggression back for that head automatic line, would be dope to see you do it a couple more times per performance in between the smooth/intricate flows.
    test