[*K.O.T.D.*]-[2011 2x2 GRANDPRIX R2] REAL DEAL / FRESCO vs HFK / CHARRON

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by avocado, Jun 4, 2011.

?

Do you agree with the decision?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JanakanS

JanakanS FourOneSix

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and agree that comparing the schemes can be arguable and I see why people would choose RD/Fresco. Both teams also went with the expected angles so arguing creativity is out the door imo. As far as aggression goes take a look at the battlers in this battle, what were you expecting?

Edit: Thought I'd mention I had RD/Fresco take the first, and HFK/Charron take the 2nd slightly and the third with ease.
    test
  2. sockruhtese

sockruhtese Member

So Real Deal/Fresco stumbles and the judges vote against them. But when Tricky P/Feel Good stumbled against Lokust/Postal (The fact is you bit his swagger but you, I said the fact is you bit his fa, the fact is you bit his, yo go), the judges vote for them.

Hmm.
    test
  3. Amilius

Amilius New Member

i voted yes by accident. hfk and charron sucks
    fresco and real deal won round 1+2 easily
    test
  4. Static Legacy

Static Legacy 3 times of a lotta shit

I literally cringed on most of the shit hfk said. What a lame fucking crowd, they were riding for the home team hard. RD and Fresco were criminally slept on. They bodied the fuck out of the first two rounds. Way too many robberies in both the grand prix's, it's a damn shame.
    test
  5. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

no, seriously.. im officially calling for the last 4 judges to be fucking permabenched. im assuming these are ground zero judges, which was mistake #1. this is some of the stupidest shit ive ever heard. mindbender just got it wrong by relying on the crowd to dictate what was dope. even the guy who voted for RD/fresco had the WORST reasons for it. ugh.
    test
  6. Stonyshakers

Stonyshakers New Member

I had the same reaction once I saw Real start to stumble. You could even see charron start to smile and look to organik. Fresco was a monster in this battle. Those Mystique flips and his third round closer were awesome. HFK/charron definitely had the better teamwork but like many others say I think RD/Fresco had the overall better material. Crowd was really on some biased shit but all in all I think it came down to those stumbles in the last round by Real and the slight one by fresco.
    test
  7. Met-A-Forikal

Met-A-Forikal Time, cunt!

Crowd was dead for this bodybag material:

Real Deal:
    (to HFK) Your lack of delivery cripples every punchline that you use
    Your build up kills what you're trying to do
    (to Charron) You make flips mandatory
    Damn, that's corny, I ain't amused
    You'll find some random, boring bullshit to tie it into
    That's why the more I watch you battle, bitch, the more it make me earl
    I'll say a line about your style, you'll flip it and incorporate my girl
    Battle rap for you's like a dream fantasy with gorgeous lakes and pearls
    but if this +Boy+ +met+ with real life, than +Corey+ would hate this +World+

Real Deal continues breaking this kid down:

We emcees first, we do this for the love of the sport
    Cuz not everyone can get by off of mommy's support
    Now, you think teaching's something to make fun of me for
    I think of what I endured and do it so my son can have more
    I guarantee a day in the life, wasn't a day this motherfucker was poor
    You live rent-free, bitch I bet he never even does any chores
    Now we in the Grand Prix to pay the bills, what you think the money was for?
    Because I got struggles to bear, you hug on a bear and snuggle with yours
    test
  8. ProfessorU

ProfessorU Legendary Russian Fresh

shit was fire. Damn come on
    test
  9. masta_blasta

masta_blasta Member

Here's a good rule of thumb when it comes to judging - if the judges don't know the names of the battlers, they shouldn't be judging. It's particularly embarrassing when there's cash on the line. I'm glad KOTD gave an opportunity to battle when they could've given a walkover, but the result and subsequent judge's verdicts was NAGL.

The third round from HFK & Charron was terrific, but I feel Fresco & Real Deal clearly took Round 1 & 2.

Real Deal & Fresco have crafted a unique battling style, along with Loe Pesci and others, that is somewhere between the excessively drawn-out gun bars in URL and the quick-paced joke-style Grind Time has pioneered for so long. They are genuinely good at rapping, their content is more relevant and they deserved to progress in this tournament.

Organik wonders why KOTD competitors don't put their money where their mouth is any more.

Bars > bullshit
    test
  10. Nano

Nano Well-Known Member

KOTD crowd is starting to really bother me now...I mean after WD1 its like everyone stopped caring and got so blatantly bias and now it makes KOTD look bad and you get jerkings like this (IMO).

Good Bar Density of RD/Fresco > Good Bar Density of HFK/Charron

HFK/Charron Team Chemistry > RD/Fresco Team Chemistry

RD/Fresco Replay Value > HFK/Charron Replay Value
    test
  11. AGGROmusic

AGGROmusic Well-Known Member

Charron/HFK are not funny at all. Talk about a biased crowd...Why do people laugh at these jokes? Because their Canadian?

Fresco and Real Deal won this clearly.
    test
  12. masta_blasta

masta_blasta Member

Mystique's ass was AGL though.
    test
  13. TheRealWarlock

TheRealWarlock Top 5 In The 505

this was a fresh battle the right team won imo rd1 was a tie imo no one really edged it imo but it seemed like charron/hfk slightly edged the 2nd & 3rd
    test
  14. Nano

Nano Well-Known Member

btw, Raw Blow has to lay off the Raw Blow. Dude looks creepy as fuck.
    test
  15. RealDeal412

RealDeal412 New Member

Alright here goes....

Im usually pretty humble but I have to admit this battle is shit to me to be honest. I appreciate Organik and PVP for having us up and I think HFK and Charron are good dudes but thats where the props end.

We clearly took round 1 and 2 and admittedly I fucked up our round 3. Not to make an excuse but I just had a feeling the crowd was not on our side and as the battle progressed it became more and more debilatating. They seemed to not react even from our intro to anything we said and react heavily to anything they said. I can live with them having round 3. Fresco shut shit down as always and is one of the best writers in battling period. I felt like for every good gay bar they had, they had 10 cringeworthy ones. I felt we outflipped them, outwrote them, and had better angles. What you think is team chemistry I kinda felt like was 1 person rap and the other rap the second part. Glitter, come the fuck on. Judges.....wow....california not so much. Thesaurus I see you homie and good looks brohem. We need to battle you and Illmac, the people want it and so do we. What needs to happen lets get a rapmusic paypal going. We will do it wherever since technically wer owe you and you guys have advanced deservedly so. For anyone who questions us trying to make this happen we went straight to the venue mind you and were already willing to submit the winnings from the previous round toward our flight. Anyway I'm pissed, fuck it....
    test
  16. Lee Taylor

Lee Taylor Well-Known Member

charron/hfk nothing about their performance was anything special. they had good lines here and there but overall, their writing was pretty mediocre. schemes/angles were played; really no originality. their delivery was lackluster..

SMH

I knew they were gonna jerk fresco and real deal. I thought they took the battle easily, even with the slips in the third. I can't rock with any other battle except thesaurus and illmac. I was just gonna forget the whole grand prix because of this jerking, but i'll watch to see what they do. hopefully they don't jerked too..
    test
  17. Met-A-Forikal

Met-A-Forikal Time, cunt!

Real, I feel that, homie.

This needs to be reposted:
    test
  18. ddoc619

ddoc619 New Member

wow.....let me get a violin bitch nigga. naw jk. yea ill contribute to that punkass paypal or whatever. set it up
    test
  19. Oli Skyes

Oli Skyes we aint fly here

mystique got bodybagged lmao
    test
  20. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

I dont know if I watched the same battle people watch. fresco and real deal 3rd had me cringing i couldn't even finish it.

I like fresco an real deal is a beast but they dont make a good team, and I peep this since back when stareater beat them.

deal should have been able to carry the team but he refuses. alot of the bahs from both of them sound like filler.

real deal/rone >>>>>> real deal/fresco.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.