[*K.O.T.D.*]-[2011 2x2 GRANDPRIX R2] REAL DEAL / FRESCO vs HFK / CHARRON

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by avocado, Jun 4, 2011.

?

Do you agree with the decision?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Document I

Document I New Member

Problem with folks like Fresco, Only One and Passwurdz.

Their metaphors don’t reach for attention. They don’t put all the content in one line. They have dope, intricate development in their content.

Fresco
    “Mortal Kombat-tip: I just combo the pussy mostly,
    Charron is watching, listening closely,
    Waiting for the perfect moment to pop to side of us like, Toasty!”

For an easier read, he’d say: “When I upper cut, you’re that bitch from Mortal Kombat that says, toasty!”

Only One

“This asshole told me that/ his last album was Robert Polson’s Last known Photograph,
    If that’s the case, cause a problem, get your cap blown for that,
    If it’s Fight Club, not even Illmac is gonna hold me back,
    Cadalock Ron goin to crash, and get his backbone broke in half.”

He’d say: “You wanna be Robert Polson, but you don’t want to go to the Fight Club.”

Passwurdz
    “Hollow da Don? Nah, I don’t hollow Da Don. I can’t even see you, you’re see-through you’re hollow, you’re gone.”

He’d say: “I’ll hollow you like your name.”
    test
  2. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop this ainta pageant pimpin

^^ nice first post bruh.
    test
  3. corbey08

corbey08 New Member

crowd on some biased shit
    test
  4. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

*cough* jumpoff *cough*
    test
  5. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

Nah, it ain't even like that. Remember that there's $5000 on the line here. Plus RD/Fresco got robbed for another hundred each.

Besides

"Charron's playing pocket pool having the fucking time of his life"

and

"Who the fuck taught this kid graffiti/ .... painted your body blue and they thought you were a genie"

Were the funniest bars of the battle.
    test
  6. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

thumbs up if bishop fruit-gante is a faggot (lets make him see this)

lol.

On second watch, it's terrible how Fresco doesn't get any reaction from that daft crowd. Charron's gay jokes were terrible, but they still laughed a bit.

I hate this event.
    test
  7. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

In my opinion HFK in particular was gonna have a hard time coming back from the moment fresco said, 'real talk, you wrote that shit?' and i didn't think he did. same lazy shit. When there are few if any replaceable or interchangeable words in a verse i think something very out of the ordinary has to happen for a verse with mostly replaceable or interchangeable words to win. I didn't feel as though that was the case in this battle.
    test
  8. MAKOTO.

MAKOTO. HACK DETECTOR

i predict diaz/rich will get the unexpected win against cha/hfk

just a feeling.
    test
  9. Twinmania

Twinmania Maybe we don't exist....

I hope PoRich and Diaz win, I hate Diaz but PoRich is cool.
    test
  10. My Name Is Bob

My Name Is Bob New Member

so...is this a bodybag thread yet?
    test
  11. °Oobe°

°Oobe° Out of Body Experience

so whats up with the poll??
    I mean, i love fresco/RD but charron & the other guy were way more prepared and gave one hell of show. deserved victory...
    test
  12. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

Uhh, people watched the battle and voted accordingly?
    test
  13. Addicted2aa

Addicted2aa Member

That killed their first round for me. The two "rappers" stopped rapping and just talked. The set up was good, but there was no real punchline and they completely abandoned their flow. It took them almost the rest of the round to get me back. I think that killed their momentum too. Instead of grabbing the crowd from the beginning they had an awkward moment, in a hostile environment, that made it so much easier for the crowd to dismiss them.
    test
  14. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

that's the thing about having two people though; one dude can be talking without sacrificing the rhythm as long as he's speaking in cooperation with the other dude's pulse. everything connected in that scheme.
    test
  15. A.S.B

A.S.B I Don't Like You

I thought HFK and Charron over did the gay jokes for Fresco. I thought they could have been a lot more creative with their material. And there is no need for the crowd to react for "you're actually a faggot. In fact, I think it is time we retire the word faggot altogether. HFK had a great teacher scheme in the third and I don't think HFK/Charron were terrible in this but I thought Real Deal/Fresco had better material.

I thought the first round was decent at best for both teams, but I gave the edge to Fresco/Real Deal. Both teams came with some played out concepts, but the wanting to "fuck Fresco" and the glitter was just too over the top for me. Second was easily the easiest round to call with Fresco/Real Deal winning that one. The "how american is that" scheme from Fresco was fire and the x-men line from Real Deal was body bag material. I could see how some people would give the third to HFK/Charron, but bar for bar I think it was a really tight round.

The crowd didn't help matters, but they aren't judging so you can only blame them so much. I think the fact that Fresco/Real Deal didn't have a lot of back and forth schemes and the fact that Charron/HFK are so animated made them look really low energy and in all honesty they did appear to be that way. Still feel that they won this battle though and I hope Charron/HFK have more creative material next round.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.