Just when i thought i was done..

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by chop stick, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

when you say put together well are you referring to the editing? Such as they continuity between shots and things of that nature?

I haven't found anything funny in TNA since the PCS outside of the various Nash bits since then.
    test
  2. tna totally buried AJ Styles, dude was a former champion and in his 3rd match with jerret they didn't even acknowledge the fact that he took the belt from him twice, they put him off as the underdog aj deserves to be in the title picture or the x devision should be pushed with aj headlining it... hmm wwe really aint much better tho.. i can already predict edge heads is going to win money in the bank@mania give it to edge and edge is going to cash in on the wwe championship.. maybe unify the titles unless jericho becomes undisputed champion again.

that would really make edge top heel.. no ones gunna know major bro's gave the money in the bank to edge.. then he cashes in at mania on wwe championship
    test
  3. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

The editing in the AJ bits might have seemed better than your normal Impact stuff because I think it didn't have the 40 cuts per minute they have when they're in the IMPACT ZONE~!

But yeah, the PCS stuff was the last time TNA was consistently funny, and even then they ruined it by the end by giving it less and less time. I'm pretty sure the last few segments were right around a minute long. If they gave Nash and Shelley as much airtime as they give AJ, Christian and Angle, Impact would be the best show ever.
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

They edit the in-ring promo segments like like those intense action scenes in movies where there's 20,000 things going on at once and they want you to catch every part of it (but they do the cuts when there's nothing going on but talking). But then when they're actually having a match they miss all the big spots because they've switched cameras - maybe that's only on their live PPV's where they miss the spots, I don't know. It has to be, because it's impossible to edit a taped show that badly.
    test
  5. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

in the idea of not jumping the gun, aj hasn't made his choice yet, and they are holding it off until final resolution... actually, nevermind, you're completely right... if they're gonna make aj decide to go on his own, they should have acknowledge something like that to make people actually care about wanting to see his decision... because otherwise, why hold it off to the ppv when nobody's going to be watching it anyway?

but i think tomko and aj are going to retain the titles, and aj will pick being a part of team aj and tomko.

actually wait, that actually makes sense and would mean that aj and tomko are no longer fighting with each other... let me shuffle my deck of predictions again and find something completely ludicrous. i'll be back with a new prediction.
    test
  6. I Think The Titles Are On The Right People At This Point I Just Think He Deserves A Lil Credit Sense Hes Been There Sense Day One
    test
  7. Nam Dekan

It could be poor directing during the live events. I film live sporting events for the station I work for, and we got instances where we miss action because the director fucks up with the camera switches or is distracted. We've had instances where the director forgot to switch back to the action camera and we're stuck on a bad camera angle. A lot of cutting during just talking is annoying especially if it's unmotivated cutting..
    test
  8. Nam Dekan

I disagree, the tag titles should probably be on LAX, and perhaps the world title on Samoa Joe
    test
  9. abztrakt

Actually, I think they should put the titles on the Machine Guns while they're hot. Blow off the feud with 3D and go after the belts. Use that time to build LAX back up and let them destroy Rave and Hoyt.

This is TNA though, so I'm sure we'll see world tag team champions Samoa Joe and Kevin Nash. WACKY PARTNERZ 2008~!
    test
  10. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

he gets more than enough credit.. hes been in the mainevent scene with Christian.. how many guys from the original TNA are still in main stories? Robert Roode, Aj Styles are the only ones i can think of.

AJ is TNAS franchise boy.. always has been, always will be.. Angle is currently "it" but its obvious AJ will eventually break loose and become a singles star again.. this stuff with Christian is doing a lot for his career. He actually has personality now.

as far as well put together.. just go back and watch it.. compare it to other things both WWE & TNA are producing right now.. it didnt seem rushed.. none of it was supposed to be overly funny.. i think it came off the way it was supposed.. as far as if you agree with the story of AJ being whiney.. that's not relevant. We're judging this for what it is.. and not for what we want it to be.

and its funny we got two pages of complaining.. how many pages of complaining did we get with Carlito chasing a midget through a wall?
    test
  11. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

whatever is "hot" in the Orlando crowd doesnt mean something is hot.. those people know the wrestlers really well.. they sometimes cheer for people they arent supposed to.. id like to see a lot of the reactions outside of Orlando.
    test
  12. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

LAX is beyond marketable.. they're in fucking FLORIDA to begin with.. but TNA is ran by middle age white people NO OFFENSE to anyone.. but what does a 40 year old white woman know about hip?

same goes for WWE .. ive said it before, but right now.. wrestling is so out of touch with what is cool.. that's why wrestling is looked at as stupid by a lot of people

and here's one of the things i like that Russo is doing.. he's trying to mix more pop culture with TNA .
    test
  13. abztrakt

There's also a buzz around them and they've looked like stars on TV. Both guys have been over huge on any show I've seen them on too. That's really about all you can judge by with TNA, although it'll be interesting to see reactions at their PPVs outside of Florida. I remember at Lockdown (in St. Louis I think) the crowd went NUTS for Shelley and Sabin working together.
    test
  14. abztrakt

It's that and the fact that guys who are booking a lot of the time come from a different period in wrestling and think that what worked then is going to work now too. Vince is almost always about 5-10 years behind whatever is popular. Whenever they try something current in WWE, Vince pulls the plug because he hasn't heard of it and therefore assumes that nobody else has either. Even Shane and Steph are getting old enough that they're out of touch, plus they're living inside the WWE bubble. They need someone to freshen things up, but they won't because Vince doesn't like being told he's wrong. Again, why I want TNA to succeed, because WWE will be forced to try something new instead of being on cruise control like they have been for about six years now.

I have no idea what you mean by Russo mixing more pop culture into TNA, outside of a few forced references.
    test
  15. abztrakt

I'm pretty sure I said that was one of the most embarassing moments in wrestling history. There also wasn't anyone stupid enough to defend that as somehow being a "well put together segment". That was one segment anyway, TNA is embarassingly bad for two hours every week. WWE is just bland about 95% of the time, it's pretty rare that something stands out as being exceptionally good or bad.
    test
  16. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

first part.. almost 100% true

Russo has done a lot of stuff.. a lot of it sometimes comes off cheesy.. but at least he's trying.

Jarrett is probably my favorite wrestler.. or at least top 3.. but this guy seriously needs to stop writing for TNA
    test
  17. Nam Dekan

the pop culture shit is stupid as hell, what is this VH1? Is Hal Sparks or Michael Ian Black going to pop up and talk about why they love the 80's? Or is it supposed to be Family Guy?

Are we going to now get flashbacks of Kurt Angle in the 80's when he was Pac Man's roomate?
    test
  18. yes aj has been in mainevent scene but as christains lacky he should be the one getting the title shots not christain, you cant possibly agree with them giving angle all the time just because he was in wwe, this is the same company that despises wwe they should make there stars look like shit.

it just feels like im watching wwe, no TNA stars is getting more push than wwe stars that makes me think wwe planted them wrestlers there hahah, if thats what vince did he is a fucking genius!.
    test
  19. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

yeah well, people complain about TNA buyrates right now.. could you picture the buys for Danniels vs Styles?

this is a BUSINESS this is not our money.. they have to do whatever they think is going to keep them alive.
    test
  20. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

jokester..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.