just startin need critisism

Discussion in 'Beats/Producers' started by Nucklz, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nucklz

Nucklz Loud Enuff Productions

herre is my beat page.. i have only jus startd makin beats with fruity loops like a seek ago so i kno they aint to good but tell me how i kan improve and pointers an shit
    www.soundclick.com/FLP
    test
  2. Nucklz

test
  3. Koach

Koach rm takes it up the ass

Nintendo
    -Not bad. It could use more, especially in the name of changes/dropping an instrument for a break, but good, solid foundation.

Pirates
    -Sounds like the same melody as the "Nintendo" beat with no bass. Needs a bass. Try not to copy melodies.....yeah, this has the same sequence as "Nintendo". Only has a kick and snare. ADD MORE to start with.

Chill Out
    -Drum work needs attention. Melodies need more sophistication (overall with all of your beats).

Super Strings
    -Again, more sophistication needed. Everything is a one-bar melody: simplistic.

*****Get more sounds: basses, drums/percussion. Do a lot of LISTENING to beats before you make others.....I don't mean listen to beats on the internet. Listen to Dre, Timbaland, Rza, Buckwild, Alchemist, Havoc, DJ Premier, and others who influence on a whole.

Got a minute?
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=814311

PEACE
    Koach
    test
  4. Worthiest Words

Worthiest Words New Member

Nintendo- ight man ur heading on the right path, just get more complex with the drumlines add some breaks use the patteren system too it's full effect, and try too work with a wider range of instruments, depends on what version of fl u got, but u can download packages for it,, fuck with the strings, synths, bells, slayer etc.. ,, this beat needs a bass thats what it's missin, i can hear a mild bass but it's not doing anythin for me,,

keep workin at it props
    test
  5. Nucklz

aiigth thanx for the feedback... oh and koach the two beats that u said sound alike.. were kinda supposed to be the same.. i was jus tryin out different sounds n shit but yah thanx for the feedback both yall
    ima check ur shit out koach..
    pz....
    test
  6. Nucklz

test
  7. Dj NeVaMynD

Dj NeVaMynD New Member

nintendo....

the simple drum pattern is nice....the melody is straight.....this is nice but this is the type of instrumental where you gotta do changes and breaks at every 8th bar or so..like drop one of the instruments to give it more depth...anyways this track is pretty good especially if u startin out ...it would be much sicker if it had like a short bassline but it'll do....oh! the ending is hot the way one of the instruments dropped like i was sayin earlier..7.5/10
    return da favoriight.. early
    test
  8. Nucklz

thanx for the feedback
    uppin....
    test
  9. Nucklz

to the top......
    test
  10. Emcee_Solo

Emcee_Solo New Member

I peeped Nintendo, Mario and Chill Out. All of 'em had the basics, all of 'em were rockable. My advice to you dawg would be to start experimentin'.. try adding a secondary melody, maybe a few change-ups, change the drum-line every now and then. Get some bass sounds and start tryin' to add basslines to your beats.

Just go with the flow, and if it sounds good, then do it.

Keep buildin', glad you like my beats.

MD
    test
  11. Nucklz

thanx for tha feedback MD.. ill take your advice 4 sho...
    uppin...
    test
  12. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

peepin carribean

i like the melody

the drums are aight.. but not diggin the pattern.. mixing could use some work.. drums r pretty low.. i like the clap..

the melody gets quite repeative.. could switch it up and throw other elements.. possibily strings/horns/piano

keep growing.. thanks for peepin my link.. px
    test
  13. Nucklz

thanx for the feedback yall.. ill try out everything u guys said
    pz..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.