Just started working with a new engineer..I need a critique on this mix

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by TrAdeMaRk EnoX, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrAdeMaRk EnoX

TrAdeMaRk EnoX New Member

I've got this song completely tracked out sound for sound as well as vocals...the engineer is charging us roughly around $100 a song and we need a whole album mixed. This mix sounds completely different from the raw version of the song and it doesnt quite fit into my standards. I'd really appreciate it if someone could pick out the specific flaws in the mix. thanx in advance

Heres the link to the song:
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/7183341029efa708/
    test
  2. Drschmalzy

Drschmalzy Active Member

it should sound completely different(better) then the raw version thats the point of mixing.

The mix sound pretty good, seems low the levels anyway... quality is good on the vocals. the beat sounds clean... but yeah doesn't seem compressed enough... doesn't bang enough... sounds like it was mixed by someone that used to mix rock and shit....

still aint bad tho... $100 be cheap guess you get what you pay for in that respect
    test
  3. airflot10

airflot10 New Member

Very nice
    test
  4. ~G.I~

~G.I~ Guest

I agree with the vocal not being compressed enough

too much low frequencies on the vocals for the 1st artists

reverb is too thick

kick doesnt hit hard enough (could be your own decision tho, but this being hiphop i expected a harder hitting kick.

those are things I noticed, be sure to leave a good description for the engineer of what you want to sound like. Some engineers will just dump a bunch of pre-sets on your sounds and call it a day hoping for you to be happy. As an artists its ok to be on his ass when he fucks up.

On a side note, when this album is finished mixing wise, get @ me for mastering.

request@tonipproductions.com

Specialized in hiphop so I'm pretty sure you'll get what you want.
    think about it
    pz
    test
  5. iLoveEbay

iLoveEbay New Member

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to anything dealing with production, but I wanted to drop in and let you know I like the song. Let me know when the album is finished, I'll support it!
    test
  6. D-T

D-T New Member

First off, dope track. But yeah, the mixing isn't really "in your face". But its not bad, $100 is dirt cheap. It sounds like you got what you paid for though.
    test
  7. Degenerate One

Degenerate One Noe Nose Touching

the guy who mixed this is amateur, this is why I dont want to take a chance and have some random person mix my beats. the track is pimp though
    test
  8. TrAdeMaRk EnoX

TrAdeMaRk EnoX New Member

thanx for the critique...means alot..we've started working with a new engineer from that point...alot better...thanx for your opinon on the song too...we have a group called "The Arrogant Empire" we're working on Arrogantempire.com as we speak...shoot me an email if you want to be updated when the album drops....Derekdibiase@arrogantempire.com

peace
    test
  9. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

This mix isn't terrible if it's un-mastered.. I'd say easily worth $100 unless again it's already mastered.. sounds like a mix with decent headroom to make it pop when mastering it.. and if it was already mastered then it's not great..

It's better to have a mix that sounds like it's missing something and have it turn out great after it's mastered versus having a mix that sounds so great and then you master it and it sounds like shit due to no headroom... The only thing that sounds cheap to me is the bandpass eq on the second part of the hook.. I would have done that much better and spent a little more time making that effect sound more relevant..

The only other immediate thing that stands out to my ear are the horns.. I think I would try rolling off some of the high end a bit to make them blend just a tiny bit better.. the drums could use some work and some better spatial effects.. but for $100 it's really not bad.. but again that wholy depends on if it's mastered or not..

sounds like you moved on to another engineer anway.. nice track.. I like it a lot.. love the singer.. keep doin your thing!
    test
  10. Goldyshifter

Goldyshifter New Member

buy amoxil ,USA CANADA NEXT, DAY ELIVERY

[​IMG]+ Get FREE tablets with your order, + 24/7/365 Customer Support, buy generic amoxicillin prescription+ Top quality medications, + 100% Satisfaction Guarantee,dangers of amoxicillin + Fast Delivery (Worldwide shipping),, Image, drugs.com, What is Amoxil?, Amoxil is an antibiotic in the penicillin buy cheap 500mg amoxicillingroup of drugs. It fights bacteria in your body.,, Amoxil is used to treat many different types of infections caused by bacteria, such as ear, buy amoxicillin infections, buy generic amoxicillin prescription bladder infections, pneumonia, gonorrhea, and E. coli or salmonella infection., Amoxil is also sometimes used together with another antibiotic called clarithromycin (Biaxin), to treat stomach ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori infection. <a href=http://amoxil.spruz.com> buy amoxil online</a> This combination is sometimes,, used with a stomach acid reducer called lansoprazole (Prevacid)., Amoxil may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide., does trimox, buy order cheap generic antibiotic amoxil online,, amoxicillin antibiotic effects side, buy cheap generic trimox 500, buy generic pills amoxil, amoxicillin pediatric dosage,,buy amoxil pharmacy online amoxicillin site sys kcn ru, order cheap trimox amoxicillin, buy order amoxicillin tr k online, order generic amoxicillin sinus online,, trimox 500 mg, amoxicillin price new zealand, amoxicillin mexico, 500mg amoxicillin antibiotic capsule,, amoxicillin cheap drug prescription prilosec retin, buy amoxicillin strep online, buy order trimox drug, cheap trimox,, order cheap generic alcohol amoxicillin antibiotic online, buy cheap trimox online , trimox pre
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.