Just got my first car... 96' Madza Milena

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Face-C-Tre, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Face-C-Tre

Face-C-Tre New Member

Just got one for 3400 at auto auction today... I like it... its nice except the head rest is scratched but that's nothing really I'll get it fixed... and my brother is posed to be getting me some speakers and shit... what would yall recommend???
    test
  2. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

I like them mazda's....get some sounds...than get some rims....chrome
    test
  3. Face-C-Tre

Face-C-Tre New Member

aight hey you know some good sites where I can get some 15's inch rims for a good price???
    test
  4. OrtizDupri

OrtizDupri then you gotta BREATHE

15 inches are tiny mayne.... that's like what comes on the car stock. You'd want bigger.
    test
  5. Dokta Zuess

Dokta Zuess Guest

Niice...

I was gonna get a midnight blue one when i was looking around for the one i have now.

Had 17' chrome, dvd's in the head rests' but somebody beat me to it.

They were only asking 8 grand for it...
    test
  6. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

shit?....mann go all over...check ebay for prices....but you prolly don't want 15's.....17's or 18's are cheap now because of 22's and shit being common
    test
  7. BigVic

BigVic New Member

dawg...i have a MIllenia too.

you should post your pics on cardomain.com

here's my page at cardomain:

cardomain.com/id/cleanmilly

there's a Mazda Board too:

http://www.mazdaworld.org/forums/

[​IMG]

good luck
    test
  8. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

GOD....plz lower that car

Looks like you are going 4 wheeling.

After that the car will really look nice....
    test
  9. OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN

OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN ALCATRAZ INC.

yea lower it and your rims look kinda small fromt he angle.. wat size r they... other than that... the car is tyte
    test
  10. Process 2003

Process 2003 Change the World

i just got my first car... 94 accord.... 4 cyl.....[pus]
    test
  11. BigVic

BigVic New Member

[​IMG]

They're 18'z....but the Mazda Millenia has a very large wheel well, so anything less than 20'z will leave a large "fender gap" and make the wheels look "smaller"

Actually to correctly lower a car...you just cant throw lowering springs on them.
    It'll kill your struts/shocks.

One should NEVER "lower" a car on factory struts...it will DESTROY your struts/shocks.

To do it correctly you have to get new "specialty" struts/shocks and that can be VERY EXPENSIVE.

I thought about 20'z...but most people don't know that large chrome wheels put a lot of STRESS on your transmission and suspension.....especially 20'z and up...they look nice, but they're really not worth it.

So for now, I have to live with the "fender gap." until i can afford to lower the car correctly...which would cost at least $1500.
    And that's money I could be throwing towards my home studio.
    [teet]
    test
  12. BigVic

BigVic New Member

Believe me...I want to lower it...but to do it CORRECTLY just cost TOO MUCH right now.

The Mazda Millenia has a really LARGE wheel well.
    test
  13. Tigre

What are "specialty" struts/shocks. That is a first one even for me. And 1500 dollars....for what? That sounds like raping prices.

Properly lowering your car doesnt cost that much. I always said if you have the money for the rims you have the money for the suspension. I know Tein makes a setup for mazdas.

All you need is a suspension kit.... which doesnt run you that much unless you are trying to get a coilover setup. Cup kits cost around 600 dollars if that much...

And the install can be done on your own. And i know the wheel well is pretty big, but they look small cause you have rims with a lip on them. If you had rims that had spokes that extend out to the lip they would give the appearance of looking larger than what they actually are.
    test
  14. BigVic

BigVic New Member

Ok, here we go.

There are NO AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE STRUTS FOR THE MILLENIA
    I Repeat,
    There are NO AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE STRUTS FOR THE MILLENIA

TEIN does not make products for the Millenia...go check the website.
    No one does.

First off, 4 struts from the dealership: $558...OUCH!

So here's what has to be done:

A., buy a cheap coilover set (with no strut) and replace your struts every 6 to 8 months....BAD.
    B., buy a TRUE coilover set with included strut assembly....sorry DOESN'T EXIST FOR THE MILLENIA.
    *DING*
    C., get your dampers re-valved...which is the only way to lower a millenia (this is what i meant by "specialty struts")
    The cost to get your struts re-valved: $350 per damper (quoted from Koni).

Now add that up: $350 x 4 = $1400, just to get your struts revalved, and that doesn't include INSTALLATION.

Maybe if I had a typical Honda or Toyota...then yes, I could find any coilover set to throw on there...but i don't.

find me a coilover/strut set-up for $600 FOR THE MILLENIA and I'll PAY YOU for it.
    But that's not happening, because it doesn't exist.
    test
  15. ArithmaTeks

ArithmaTeks New Member

oh shit.. time the gloves come off fellas.
    test
  16. Tigre

REPEAT..OH FUCKING WELL....

I should of known. Cant be a market for Millenias so it would make sense not to provide a suspension setup up for your car.

I didnt say i knew Tein made shit for a millenia all i said was mazda's.... a very generalized statement. But for any other car with aftermarket back up my prices would be right on the ball, if not lower. Oh well, didnt know shit about the aftermarket of Millenia's so my bust. Never liked them anyway, never felt they were a good value for the buck...but thats my opinion.

Good luck with your ish.
    test
  17. BigVic

BigVic New Member

Thanx
    ...no harm no foul.
    test
  18. MYmanP0P

MYmanP0P New Member

Parts are expensive as a mutha****ka. The probe Gt (2.5L) has the same engine as the Mazda L (2.5L), so you may be able to find cheaper parts and aftermarket parts from the Ford Probe.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.