Just a Quick question for the audio heads.

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by TdotOG, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TdotOG

TdotOG Deeez Sluts

I'd been driving for about 30 minutes, bumping some bass filled shit pretty loud, and then out of nowhere, my sub just stopped working. When I got home, I let it sit for about 20 minutes, and it was going good again. It's pretty hot today, so I'm guessing that the amp might have just shut itself off because it got too hot, but I'm not big on the audio-knowledge. So can anyone tell me if the amp would have just turned itself off until it cooled down? (It was very hot) Or could I have caused some damage?

Thanks
    test
  2. ArithmaTeks

ArithmaTeks New Member

probably so
    test
  3. FloweticX

FloweticX New Member

Yeah, I Used To Have That Problem As Well...After I Let It Sit For Like 5 Straight Minutes, My Subs Would Play Like 10 Minutes Before Shutting Down Again.

You Need To Get A More Powerful Amp, Cause The One You Have Now Is Struggling To Push Your Subs. That Was My Problem.

G'Luck

PeAcE
    test
  4. KLeV

KLeV That Graphic Man! Damnit!

i've heard of setting up small fan systems inside the trunk to keep things cool...but im not exactly sure how the hell it would work

id look into that if possible :-/ i dunno just a suggestion from what i've heard
    test
  5. LYFE-LINE

LYFE-LINE New Member

depending on your car...and you dont care where you mount your amp..a best thing to do is mount it under the passenger or drivers side seats...right next to the A/C foot vents...and turn on your a/c...instant cool system..save money on putting up a fan system...
    test
  6. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

yeah it's protection from the amp....I remember those days
    test
  7. ArithmaTeks

ArithmaTeks New Member

i dont know much about it. but my boys cousin has an intake built in his amp to keep it cool? thats soem weird ish
    test
  8. ThE SiCkNeSs

ThE SiCkNeSs fuck you

the amp probably went into protection.......there should be a light that came on when it happened.......and it sounds like it got too hot so your best bet is to get a cooling system of some kind or move it somewhere cooler...i seriously doubt it, since it came out of protection, but your subs may be wired to give the amp an ohm load it cant handle
    test
  9. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

It Either Over Heated Or Ur Lil Backup Watt Blew.. U Know That Lil Chip Thingy.. U Can Always Replace Those.. Px

Use To Happen To Me All The Time..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.