Jones on the four guys it looks like are in line for the title

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Makabreli, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makabreli

Makabreli done

test
  2. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

test
  3. DogMeat

DogMeat New Member

...and all four were finished with ease
    test
  4. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

At-least Bader he took pity on.

I'd be interested in a Shogun/Ryan rematch if I had to watch any rematches. Lyoto if he wins big.
    test
  5. Makabreli

Makabreli done

Lyoto gave him problems, but Jones adjusted beautifully. faked the kick, made lyoto dive in to counter, smashed him with his "from the sky" left hook.

but you can't really say with ease. jones was frustrated after round 1
    test
  6. DogMeat

DogMeat New Member

i get what your saying jones took some damage and tbh i thought machida was gonna keep that up for the fight and win while i was watching it. but i just meant how jones slapped on that standing guillitine and finished him
    test
  7. LungZzZ

Jones vs Bonnar I felt worried for Jones @ 1 point. Lyoto was the 1 fight I felt comfortable about Jones...The man (Lyoto) DID not LOOK LIKE HIMSELF TO me. AT ALL
    test
  8. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

^Jones is like Silva now

he scares people and makes them fight strangely

that arrogant fuck
    test
  9. LungZzZ

^DUDE it works if you see someone is scared/looks up to you.

When I was facing Dogmeat and some random young kid in a game of ball, you could play the mental game against the younger opponent that looked up to you to beat them offensively AND defensively.

EITHER way though, I feel like Makabreli framed Jones a bit, because his last sentence, though it doesn't justify his first assessment, does explain this is all for fun and laughs.
    test
  10. LungZzZ

"Just having a little fun. I really do want to wish all 4 guys good luck this weekend. Do your best, Ill do mines on the 1st. "
    test
  11. Tha Cunnysmythe

wasn't making the scared comment in context of the tweet or jones' overall attitude, just what you said about lyoto looking off

silva doesn't really fuck with people before fights but they fear his mystique and he thrives on that

people stepping into the cage with jones and silva have already beaten themselves a lot of the time and it shows in how they fight

just a great side bonus to being a bad dude

but i do dislike jones' attitude; he seems fake to me

i'm now biased against him and i'll see the worst in any comment he cares to make

if he mentions buying a new house for his grandmother i'll accuse him of fishing for good publicity and fans
    test
  12. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

can't disagree with that.

im not even excited to see jones fight anymore.
    test
  13. Makabreli

Makabreli done

the problem with jones is that he's a natural. naturals are annoying.

he's never had to work that hard. he decided he wanted to be an mma fighter one day and a couple years later he's looking like top 3 dead or alive.
    test
  14. Makabreli

Makabreli done

i find it hard to root for jones, but i also find it hard to look away. guy does some amazing stuff.

people complained about the rashad fight, but the innovative elbows were well worth the price of admission.
    test
  15. Makabreli

Makabreli done

test
  16. LungZzZ

lmao

I'll admit Cunn, I'm a bit biased towards Jones in that sense too. Amazing talent though.
    test
  17. Makabreli

Makabreli done

just now saw this

you're half right, but i've actually heard that he does have ways of getting into people's heads before fights. he was sort of an annoying thorn in demian maia's side, constantly going up to him and bowing and such.

I know it doesn't seem like much compared to Chael talking about slapping your wife on the ass but when you think about it you're likely to be nervous as fuck before facing someone like Silva, and he's up in your grill the whole time showing how relaxed he is about the whole affair. It's the equivalent of not taking your stool after an exhausting round to mindfuck your opponent.

Anderson Silva is the biggest troll in MMA history, he's just passive about it.
    test
  18. LungZzZ

Anderson is the best, Fedor is the Biggest*
    test
  19. Tha Cunnysmythe

i am

only problem i have with him fighting is that he's not fighting anyone new and he's guaranteed to win

the creative, beautiful violence he dishes out is worth it imo

dunno if i have an issue with that, but i bet if he wasn't he wouldn't have the same annoying attitude

bj's a natural but he was real, so i'm ok with him

i'd rather jbj be a real asshole than a fake nice guy

as for your silva post, you have a good point

never knew about the maia stuff

come to think of it, silva seems to alternate aloof passiveness with aggression recently, now that i look at vitor and chael

he definitely fucks with people a lot in the cage - i thought he mindfucked forrest more than anyone, even maia
    test
  20. LungZzZ

Forrest? LOL poor Griffin.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.