Jon Jones next opponent is Matyushenko (Not officially signed yet)

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by jayoo, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

^i think he busted his shoulder when jones threw him on the ground
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

the takedown dislocated his shoulder, which is why he couldnt continue.. being he was deaf and had blood in his eyes though.. the ref was going off the last notable thing that happened which was the elbows and believed that was why he couldnt continue

why it never got overturned.. blows my mind.. its clear as day

same as on the TUF10 show, guy got DQ'd for a knee that GRAZED the other guy.. the guy played it out as if he couldnt think right, got the win.. then in the backroom said "i broke my hand out there"

and yet.. NOBODY.. not ONE PERSON.. questioned if thats why he acted like he couldnt continue

i was blown away
    test
  3. Money Mac Sabb

Money Mac Sabb Horse Meat FTW

Not in the UFC LHW division he won't.
    test
  4. Money Mac Sabb

I just feel obligated to point out that Matt Hamill's accomplishments are mostly in the retard olympics (or deaflympics if you want to be a dick about it). he's also a guy that tends to strike in a fight as much as anything, seeing as he has incredible power.

When it comes to pure wrestling, I see Janitor as much more of a threat. Not saying I think he'll win because I don't, but it could be an interesting challenge.
    test
  5. jayoo

i cant wait till you see the difference between a wrestler fresh out of college (2-3yrs) against a wrestler whos 40 years old and 20+ years out of college.. this fight isnt gonna be what some people are making it to be im sorry.. vlad is good, experience is there, thats his strength and his ONLY strength.. guaranteed jacksons camp will have jones at a pace this guy wont be able to keep up for 3 rounds

and if you dont think jones can be a future lhw champ your not very educated in mma... even the experts and other fighters are saying hes a future megastar, i dont get what you know that they dont?
    test
  6. Money Mac Sabb

Can be, yeah.

But you're talking about the division with Shogun, Machida, lil nog, rampage, sometimes Anderson Silva, eventually arona, on and on.

If you're saying anyone is going to run through the LHW division, you're fucking nuts. Plain and simple.

I'm a Jones fan myself, but people gas the kid quite a bit. Anybody who is winning fights is poised to be a megastar, especially when you ask that person's teammates and coaches. Truth is, he still hasn't been tested.
    test
  7. jayoo

i love how its gonna be "hes never been tested" all the way till hes a contender, its funny

bonnar was said to be a test, after what he did for 3 rounds people took that back
    then hamill was supposed to be a test, nope
    vera was the test, "jones hasnt been hit yet".. nope (and took a brutal upkick like nothing)

i dont get it, is vlad the test? then if jones blows through him yet again.. nope?

yeah its a stacked division dont get me wrong, im not saying he'll blow through it either, but hes 23 and only getting better.. hes built to be great he just needs the mindset and technique. hes an amazing wrestler, you really dont understand, as he gets more fights against these guys who are "great" on the ground you'll realize that more and more.

i dont think hes in any position to beat anderson silva if he moved to 205 even tho a lot of random fans call for it they dont realize what level silva is really on. i dont think he's ready for rampage, or machida, or the way shogun is fighting now.. him either..

i think he'd dominate forrest, i think he'd work tito, and he'd tko chuck on the ground.. i want him against thiago silva, i think thats a perfect test right now as to what level hes on or will be on.

but id put money in any amount if those fights ever come together. dana wont let chuck fight someone young and athletic like jon, so that will never happen, but maybe forrest or if tito dont get kicked out and ill bet if anyone wants to remember i said this.

he'll work couture if that happens, and another good test might be rich franklin but i think he can body him as well, like i said i got money aside for bets if any of these ever happen just remember i said it
    test
  8. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

jones is a beast, that vicious illegal upkick didnt even phase him what so ever, he looks grabbed his jaw and made a face like "wtf? u cant be serious"

then vera got him with another one and still no signs of being hurt
    test
  9. Money Mac Sabb

People took that back about Bonnar after seeing his fights since. Bonnar's claim to fame is still the wild brawl with Griffin years back. I would consider Hamill his best opponent, but he's still a developing talent and he's had his ass kicked before. Vera sucks, and I've always said that.

My concern with Jones is his striking. He was getting outstruck at points by jake o freakin brien. I want to see him against a guy who is good at all aspects, and that's the shoguns, the lil nogs, machidas. I want to see what happens when he's unable to toss someone and elbow them silly.
    test
  10. jayoo

how much do you wanna bet that there wont be a fighter he cant toss? whether its 1 time in the entire fight or not, if he goes for the toss i will guarantee he lands at least 1 on ANYONE in the 205 division.

now if they never got close enough for it to happen thats different, like i said, if he ATTEMPTS it..

as for o'brian.. umm.. as ive said many times, before he started mma 3 years ago he had never even been in a fist fight.. so yeah, his striking isnt as advanced, clearly.. but it will be, and with an 84in reach it shouldnt be to hard to get a jab going.. not to mention he was still in a small camp in upstate ny basically training his own striking, since hamill fight hes with jackson camp and has REAL trainers.

im not saying hes ready for machida and the belt right now, just wait a couple years, i hope your still on the board haha
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.