Joe Budden speaking on current hip hop fans.

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Knowledge, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OutLaw613

OutLaw613 Well-Known Member

Dude your on the internet fuck.. You got a gun to your head?

Shut up you sound stupid
    test
  2. BBW or GTFO

BBW or GTFO New Member

those females shitted on that lame

i hate joe buttons
    test
  3. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

To start I mostly agree with Budden.

But I disagree with parts of your 'bad rappers' list ...

Look, I don't like Rick Ross, but to say that the man has no musical talent in my opinion is nonsense, same goes for Drake; not my cup of tea but he does have talent.
    test
  4. Thrizzy

Thrizzy 3.T.

I think Joe Budden has some good points but they fail to talk about the impact that the internet has on all music, not only rap.

He saying rap artists aren't gonna have that same longevity of rock artists, country etc..

Nobody is gonna have that longevity due to the internet, you're gonna have too much competition and too much access to negative issues surrounding these artists, which will almost inevitably happen.

The only real difference I see from rap and the other genres is how old the genre is.

There won't be another Prince etc., he saying like there will be and IMO that's wrong.

You're just saying that cause Prince is there right now, when he's done, there won't be another.

There won't be another Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica etc. either, that's the impact of the internet.
    test
  5. Thrizzy

Thrizzy 3.T.

And also to kind of add onto Piff's post, dude is a fucking moron and coming off as a crybaby saying hip-hop fans are stupid, ignorant, and fickle.

Why just cause they ain't bumping his shit, because he can't adapt with the times?

And that's the key to longevity right there, I especially like how he mentions Madonna who reinvents herself every 5-10 years.

Of course fans are gonna be fickle during the information genre, we have unparalleled access to any artist we want to listen to instantly at the tips of our fingers.

And like I said in my last post, that goes for all genres, people are still listening to Madonna, or Prince, or Metallica for one reason- Nostalgia.

Once they're gone, every other genre is on the same level as rap, and all their fans are stupid, ignorant and fickle.
    test
  6. Knowledge

Knowledge 12 lbs with dick insert.

Glad this thread took off, this is why I still mod HHC...
    test
  7. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

feel like this should keep going.............
    test
  8. Louis Armstrong

Louis Armstrong Yeah, it's me nigga

I don't want to sound rude, but hip-hop fans are not the smartest, I'm sorry.

They tend to be close minded and just plain ignorant in some cases.

However, Joe Budden is nothing new. Lyrics just don't cut it anymore. We've heard it all and seen it all. You need to be original these days to make it. And you don't even need radio. Right now, the people choose who is hot and who is not. So if you don't have something brand new to offer, forget "making it".

And they we're crazy for thinking that Slaughterhouse would cause any kind of stir. First of all, they're too old. Second, they have minimal flavor. They're all top notch lyricists, but they don't sound special. Name me one artist in the last 20 years that made it big without a distinctive sound. Just one.
    test
  9. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

joe budden is right. our fans are fickle as fuck. And they forget shit easily. Its why niggas like Rick Ross can say shit like "gettin 2pac money twice over"
    or talking about selling drugs when he used to be a fucking cop.

its why no young rap fan knows who chuck D or Big Daddy Kane are.

Ozzy Ozborne and Metallica still get respect today by young rock listners and their shit came out decades ago. Kane and Public Enemy was putting out music in the 80s and 90s and they're almost forgotten.

Ignorant said it all in my sig 2 years ago.
    test
  10. WuTangintheCut

WuTangintheCut Well-Known Member

Buddens has grown on me. he is arrogant as shit but i pretty much agree with everything he said.
    test
  11. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

almost my exact words to paul rosenberg................but who knows these days
    test
  12. Kazper93

Kazper93 New Member

Hate to butt in, but if you were talking about who was the most entertaining rapper, your argument would suffice. However, if I'm not mistaken, you were talking about who are the proverbial "G.O.A.T's" which means how good of a rapper they are. If we were talking about how skilled a rapper is, Soulja Boy, Drake and Boosie wouldn't be in the top 1000. But anyways, hip-hop is just like pop music. It goes through phases. It began as a disco-esque party movement (Sugarhill Gang) It then progressed into the whole b-boy/breakdance type of style (Afrika Bambaataa/Eric B. & Rakim). Then came gangsta rap as well as conscious hip-hop which eventually ended up being "I'm so fresh, look at my chain" bullshit. If Illmatic was never released, but came out today, it probably wouldn't even go gold. I hate what rap has become but do I hate rap? No. I watch Grind Time, King of the Dot, etc. because a lot of GOOD RAPPERS are coming out of there with decent music (at least in my opinion). Rap is now a joke but these underground movements have potential.
    test
  13. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

look at an eric b and rakim album cover.........
    test
  14. Louis Armstrong

Drake makes the best zone out music. Period.

Tupac wasn't as lyrically skilled as Big was, but his shit was real. And that's why a lot of people consider Tupac to be the G.O.A.T. I'm in no way comparing Drake to Pac or saying that Big wasn't real. All I'm saying is that being real is as valuable as lyrical prowess when it comes to being a great hip hop artist. And Drake is as real as they come.
    test
  15. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

degrassi stand up....or throw your hands up, let roll ya'll
    test
  16. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

real? wtf do u mean by real? dude makes his voice all nasaly to rap like wayne... that aint real

he says he couldn't love a stripper, then a few lines later he says he loves nicki minaj, who is pretty much a vagina with legs.
    test
  17. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

Your first statement is one hundid, close minded, dumb, ignorant, fickle, perhaps sheep like? are all on point when describing some, if not most hip hop fans, I mean the proof is in the record sales not so much whose popular cuz the labels and media shove these artists down our throats. The good news is many hip hop fans are wakin up to the bullshit, mindless destructive hip hop, and are supportin the real, almost like a shift in consciousness/awareness.

Your second statement on the other hand couldn't be more false. Joey comes fresh every mixtape/album, his style is fairly dark album to album, tape to tape but the content, songs, beats, style all change with each new project. I peeped MM4 in its entirety today and it blew me away, Joey one of the realest and truthful rappers out. He ain't afraid to put what he's going through out there cuz he knows the average mawfucka will relate, rather than these fake ass rappers rappin about the lifestlyes they don't really live where the average mawfucka can't relate and instead tries to chase that lifestyle which is completely unnecessary/ridiculous.

test
  18. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

woord, Drake is almost a carbon copy of Weezy when he raps at points. Nigga bit his style down to a T.

Why biting gets a pass nowadays blows my mind. It was neva like this!
    test
  19. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

i agree with most of the 1st paragraph, except no real amount of people are waking up from a sales perspective........and much of that real talk this is how the wack industry game works shit, is so played out and boring to hear........

i like buddens writting ability, he is a genius at that, but he also has had the worst recordings possible........like in a cold shower with a radioshack mic tured to the left of the stereo field............he makes what could be good songs bad by mixing, and that makes me lose respect for him..........but he is good and got balls for being on a whole album with royce who just rhymes all over him........he still does his thing, but royce is like most talented flow designer around, and he real nice too.........but budden is cool to me......

we all want that dream to live like a king..........its a drug though, some can deal with it, some get 300k chains.........
    test
  20. Louis Armstrong

I agree with you on Joey's honesty and content. Joe is a deep dude. However, I think it takes more than content to sell platinum records. What I'm saying is that he's missing that extra flava it takes to make it big in the music industry. Think Busta. Think Snoop. Think Luda. Think Nelly. IN my opinion, none of these niggas even come close to Joe's content and dept, but they all came out with a brand new sound that people never heard before, and that's why they sold so many records. The "fickleness" of hip hop fans had nothing to do with it.

Please keep in mind that in order to ship those kinds of numbers, you can't rely on hip hop fans alone. You have to branch out. You have to have the kind of personality it takes to attract people. And I'm not talking about mainstream quality. Wu Tang had zero mass appeal when they came out, but guess what? They were bringing a whole new sound to the game and their originality, lyrical mastery, stellar production and sheer rawness is what made them popular.

The bottom line is that people want to hear something new. In my opinion, someone like Danny Brown has a better chance at selling a million records than Joe Budden.

I admit that he sounds A LOT like Wayne at times. But his production is way better and I love how he lays down his tracks, he just knows how to make a nice sounding record, and sometimes that's all I need, a nice sounding record to smoke my blunts to...

However, I still think that he's one of the most honest rappers in the game.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.