Joe Budden speaking on current hip hop fans.

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Knowledge, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makaveli21

makaveli21 king of the world

the thing is these fans today not all of them but most of them don't give a fukk about lyricism all they care about is the hook and the beat if that is good fukk your rhymes and that is fukking up hip hop because they buy all this bullshit
    test
  2. .Sparro.

.Sparro. A Wraith

Being an elitist just means believing in an elite, idk where you're getting the idea that you have to want to exclude other things in order to be so because not only is it untrue, but I'm sure you would happily discard stuff you don't like from existence if given the chance anyways.

Calling something bad is fine, but actually believing that some things are factually bad, while others are factually good, is where you become an elitist. Simple as that. Believing this doesn't make you a critic, because you can evaluate all the music, movies, whatever in the world (i.e. be a critic) and not adopt an elitist mentality of "there is an objective way to measure good and bad entertainment."
    test
  3. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

I can't handle Sparro's stupidity anymore.
    test
  4. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

i find it entertaining tbh........interesting display of human nature.........wrong defends itself like an addiction
    test
  5. .Sparro.

.Sparro. A Wraith

Except I'm not wrong, at all, and not one person has proven me to be so.

"LOL YOU SO STUPID" is not proving me wrong, it's showing much of a lame you are.
    test
  6. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Except I never stated or implied that I believed in an elite.

Elitism is a system where a privileged group rules over a subjected group.

Assigning different values to different objects is NOT elitism.

Little Brother=Good

Waka Floka=Bad

You really think that's elitism??

You really are an idiot.
    test
  7. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

Yeah, you're wrong. However, I'm sure if you post a thousand more times about you not being wrong, you'll really convince yourself. It's just too bad you aren't convincing any of us, dickhead.
    test
  8. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

you have been proven wrong by two different posters that are ignorant.......
    test
  9. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

so you have posted something right here, not one person has proven you to be wrong.......the facts here lie in numbers.......
    test
  10. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i always assume when someone says a piece of art is 'good' or 'bad' they are speaking subjectively... since those are inherently subjective terms. if they believe there is some objectivity in that then they are wrong..

elitism is in fact inherently exclusive in nature.. 'believing in an elite' is not enough. all that really means when you translate it into plain terms is that you think some artists are better than others.

you may say thats elitist, and that the fans should instead say "i like artist X more than artist Y" rather than "artist X is better than artist Y" but that's really just semantics. those two phrases mean the same thing, speaking practically.

think about it like this. you like artist A. if i ask you to explain why, you could list any number of reasons, based on what you look for in an artist. the overall jist of your reasoning would be that said artist is good at what they do, in your eyes. if i ask you to explain why you don't like another artist, the reasoning would most likely conclude that they fall short of certain expectations you hold for the music you listen to.

this is the thought process that leads us to think artists are 'good' or 'bad.' whether we say it out loud or not is actually irrelevant. that's how (most) people generally judge art.
    test
  11. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

really?

[youtube]U8phE-QTaQU[/youtube]

[youtube]wTtVMknMnUQ[/youtube]

[youtube]ZocrHzjjwVU[/youtube]
    you can say what you will about the 'craftsmanship,' but the rest of your description doensn't seem to hold up, at least not to all of his songs..

lol @ the hummer comment tho
    test
  12. Radium

Radium f k

reggie do you listen to curren$y
    test
  13. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

ive heard him before featured on other rappers songs.. not familiar with his own work
    test
  14. Radium

Radium f k

i thought you would like him.

you should take a risk and look for one of his mixtapes you might like it
    test
  15. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

any of his tapes that you'd suggest? i'm open to hearing some new shit
    test
  16. Radium

Radium f k

test
  17. SouL

SouL Yuck!

download his albums

Jet Files, Pilot Talk, and Pilot Talk 2

all fire
    test
  18. SouL

SouL Yuck!

oh yeah, his mixtape Smokee Robinson is good too
    test
  19. .Sparro.

.Sparro. A Wraith

I know that, but we are not using the term in a political context.
    We are not discussing forms of society.
    We are translating the term 'elitist' into the context of entertainment media.
    Therefore, in this context, an elitist is someone like you, who believes objectivity exists and be can properly measured by your perception, i.e. you believe that your opinion > others.
    If you're going to troll me by acting like terms can all of a sudden no longer be translated by context, then at least bring humor.
    test
  20. .Sparro.

.Sparro. A Wraith

Like I've been saying, nothing wrong with people saying artists are wack. Whatever. But trying to push this ideal that bad music now rules the airwaves and has become a standard for hip-hop, i.e. what Ignorant is doing, is where you become a music elitist.

(I used the adjective 'music' so that certain users can quit acting like terms can't be translated by context).

Btw, I used the explanation 'believing in an elite' because that literally is all it takes, for all purposes.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.