Joe Budden > Nas & Jay-Z Now

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by -Oz-, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Additionally, I am prolly one of the top 5 Jay-Z dickriders on this site, if not first. Hov is the greatest rapper of all time to me.

But I unlike most, can look at the raw music and make HONEST assessments. Even if it goes against something I NEVER thought Id believe, like someone being better than Hov.

Next of all. A mixtape song...is a song. An album song, is a song.
    A song, is a song.

Its a weird situation in the rap game, you might find Jay-Z and Nas best work on their albums, because they are established rappers and can do what they want creative wise without anyone fucking that up.

Someone like Budden dont have that privaledge yet, so youll find his best shit on the mixtapes. I dont really give 2 fucks where the songs come from

Buddens Songs > Their songs.

Budden is so much more passionate. He talks so much from first person perspective about real situations of real people, something Nas has rarely done. All Nas shit is a bunch of made up stories, they are good stories, but you cant be feeling them like you can feel a deep Budden track. Hov does have high quality meaningful tracks, but they are too few and far between, while his shit is "hot", I feel like Budden embodies all the same qualities, but is so much more passionate that he just makes better music.
    test
  2. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

my point is budden never has or will be better then nas or jay case closed..imo...you feel other wise [dunno] ok
    test
  3. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

You're crazy...

And everyone sayin' that mixtapes are songs are blah blah blah... Isn't that your excuse for Papoose? That those wack songs are "mixtape songs" so it's ok....

Get the fuck outta here........

Joe's better than Nas cuz Nas has been wack forever to me now... Two GREAT ALBUMS (It Was Written and Illmatic) and one good one (Stillmatic)...... But Joey ain't better than Hov....

And ya'll sayin'... Mixtapes are music.... So if you wanna compare mixtapes to albums... Let's go....

I rather listen to the Black Album, Blueprint, the good tracks on Blueprint 2 (which create one album, basically, 'n is a classic if u put together the best tracks on the double disc and make it one disc), Reasonable Doubt, and Volume 1 over any of Joe Budden's albums/mixtapes....

Joe's WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too inconsistent to compare him to any of these cats... I've said it before, that he's justifiably one of the best rappers WHEN HE'S AT HIS PEAK.... I've seen him reach that peak less than 10 times... He's not the best....

And to say he's better than the cat you call the GOAT (Hov - which I disagree) is just retarded cuz that would also mean he's better than Em... and Eminem, honestly, ANNIHILATED Joe Budden in soooooooooooo many aspects... And if we're talkin' about skill, AGAIN, then Crooked I, Copywrite, Pharoahe Monch, Tech N9ne and more shit on 'em... If we're talkin' about music and enjoyment of music listening, then I might be able to name like 15+ better cats... AND I SAY IT AGAIN, ROYCE IS BETTER THAN JOE.......
    test
  4. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Nas rarely make songs about real situations and real people? Nas isn't passionate? THats bullshit.

real situations:
    Time
    Black Girl Lost
    K_I_S_S_I_N_G
    Project Windows
    Big Girl
    Rule
    My Way
    Black Zombie
    Poppa Was a Player
    American Way
    These are Our Heros
    Just A Moment
    Reason
    Rest of my life
    Virgo
    Remember the TImes
    Getting Married
    War
    Me and You
    I Can

Real People

We Will Survive
    Ether
    Rule
    Destroy and Rebuild
    Last Real Nigga Alive
    UBR
    Everybodys Crazy
    Bridging the GAp
    No One Else In the Room
    U Wanna Be Me

Passionate Nas Songs that are better than Buddens' passionate songs

If I ruled the World
    Hate Me Now
    One Mic
    You're Da Man
    Poison
    Doo Rags
    Drunk by Myself
    Rule
    Dance
    Heaven
    Live Now
    Just a Moment
    Getting Married
    War
    The Essence
    Streets Deciple
    Desciple
    Why Remix
    On The Real
    The World is Yours 10th anniversary illmatic remix
    test
  5. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

actually, Nas had 3 great albums- Godson, The Lost Tapes (classic) It Was Written

I Am, Illmatic, Stillmatic, Streets Desciple, can be considered good, great, or classic depending who's listening.

Nas aint wack buddy.
    test
  6. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

this aint ever gonna be settled because everything is opinionated....but then again, people have great rappers dicks so far in their mouths that that rappers stomach gets in the way of the listener seein' new talent (no homo). They don't want to or probably will never change their minds because they believe that it is some unwritten law to call so and so better than so and so....even when it is apparently false. I was that way with Pac...it took me a couple of months after Eminem dropped the Eminem Show to call him GOAT.....now I do it without question. I never felt Nas or Jay were so spectacular.....they were/are great...but were never considered GOATS in my eyes....so I have a clear view when comparing them to Joey....Joey's better.
    test
  7. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

It doesn't matter who you think is GOAT...my favorite rapper is Andre 3000...so what...I can still see that Joe Budden is nowhere near JayZ or Nas..in any aspect...at any point in their careers.

JayZ and Nas weren't always established...they came out with fire debuts and became established. Joe Budden's debut was trash. You wonder why he doesn't have any more albums? Cause his first album was garbo.

JayZ and Nas had to earn the right to do whatever they wanted to do creatively. And plus those niggaz are Bosses of course they can do whatever...they paid their dues...Joe Budden is nothing...a nobody. They drop official albums...he spits on mixtapes that no one cares about.

Def Jam tried to make Joe Budden star but he just didn't have it. The promotion for his debut was through the roof. He had stardom on a silver platter and just dropped that shit...it's the company's fault he released that wack debut?

YOu talk about the last 2 years... Has Joe Budden dropped anything on the level of DEAR SUMMER? no he hasn't....JayZ put out the Black Album in what 04 or 03 and it's better than anything Budden has put out in that time frame (or ever for that matter).

You gonna compare a mixtape? I'd put all of JayZ's collabs and songs over the past two years on a mixtape and it will shit on any Joe Budden mixtape...completely shit on it (if I get enough time I'ma do that shit). Joe Budden can fuck with the verses on Diamonds From Sierra Leone? I don't think so buddy. Same for Nas (even though I think he's been wack for like 3 or 4 years) he's still better than Joe Budden RIGHT NOW.

you really are on Joe Budden's dick (I don't refer to dickrider often but this is real case of it). Only on the internet will this shit even come up at all...it's really nonsense...there is no comparison.

Like saying Johnathan Bender is better than Lebron James or Gilbert Arenas or somebody. It holds no weight...the wind blows that opinion away. Same with your Joe Budden > Nas & JayZ. It's just plain out stupid. Kal-El too.
    test
  8. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

This thread needs to end. Joe is not legendary like Nas and Hov, but if you put all three of them on a track who is gonna have the best verse??? Budden.

Therefore, Budden is better. Not greater but better.

Greatness has a lot to do with the time period. Nobody is ever gonna make an album that has an impact like Illmatic did, or other classic albums from late 80's early 90's time period, but that doesnt mean that its impossible for other rappers to have more skill than him.

Its just like the NBA. Everybody knows players today are better than players in the 60's but no one will ever say that Baron Davis is greater than Jerry West.

Being better and being greater are two different things.
    test
  9. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

You are wrong about Buddens and Baron Davis is not better than Jerry West.
    test
  10. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

This thread should end with what this guy is saying. He speaks the truth.
    test
  11. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

hahahahaha joe better then nas and jay, hahahahhahaha what in da fuck

the dream jus shitted on whoeva thinks joey got better songs then nas, hahah
    test
  12. -Paper Chase-

-Paper Chase- alwaysgotberrybluetoblow

To all who say Budden is wack, have you heard "Dumb Out" ? its doppe as fuck !

but doper than Jigga right now ? Nah
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

To whoever said Joe would spit better than Hov on a track is dumb... Pump It Up remix, anyone? Hov KILLED that shit 'n it was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY sicker than Joey's IMO....
    test
  14. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Oh yeah, but don't get me wrong... Joey did kill it too... Hov was just THAT sick
    test
  15. L.R.G

L.R.G Lookin Real Good

dudes speakin from expericne
    test
  16. Mind_Control_D

Mind_Control_D Detroits_Own

ok Budden has to be the most overrated MC rapper now...ya'll are comparing him to Nas, Eminem, Jay-Z, and Royce???...how can i take any of ur other opinions serious now?
    test
  17. L.R.G

L.R.G Lookin Real Good

mourn with me brother
    test
  18. Ace B

Ace B L.I.'s Finest

I agree, Budden is nice and one of my top favorties right now

mood musik 2 is insane and i could listen to that shit over and over again
    test
  19. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

How so? If you put Jerry West in todays NBA would he do shit? Now if you put todays Baron Davis on a 60's team would he not dominate?

Thats why i said there is a difference between being better and being greater. Being greater has more to do with the time period and influence on generations to follow. Being better is just based on skill. Jerry West was dominant in the 60's but if he played today his skills wouldnt match with the skills of todays players. Baron Davis has more skill than Jerry West.

If Reasonable Doubt and Illmatic dropped today they wouldnt be as touted as they were when they first came out.

There are a number of people that are better than Nas and Jay-z they just wont ever be as great as them. Same with Tupac, i dont argue with people about whether or not he is the greatest, but if you think he is the best to ever rap then you are just being a Stan.

What does Nas do better than Budden? Socially conscious songs. Thats it!!! Joe Budden has him beat in every other category. Jay-Z's lyrics havent been that great for awhile. After Vol. 3 his lyrics took a nose dive.

Budden right now is better than both of them.
    test
  20. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

And if you actually listen to more than a handful of Budden tracks you cannot honestly say that Royce is better him.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.