Joe Budden > Nas & Jay-Z Now

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by -Oz-, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

How about this, why don't we all wait for Buddens to release a decent album first and come back to this. There is no way you can objectively say anything without an album first.
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Why not? Why are people so hung up on albums? So you can justify your opinion with sales?
    He releases more songs underground then he ever could on albums. The music is out there, just because you cant find it all at FYI doesnt mean it doesnt exist, or that it should be ignored. There is NO WAY his album will be wack anyway, he might have some garbo singles the execs throw on, but from what Ive heard, Unforgiven & 3 sides to a story are both classic tracks, and they are the only ones I know will be on it.
    test
  3. L.R.G

L.R.G Lookin Real Good

again OZ, legends and good emcees are made through albums not mixtapes. lemme break it down for you:

mixtapes cost like what? 10 bucks at most. when yoru spending 10 bucks (which i know most cats dont do they just download so its free) your not gonna be like awwwwwwwww damnn son i just spent 30 secs downloadin a garbage mixtape. however when you spend months puttin time n effort into an actual albumn that people are gonna PAY to see you perform and buy. the quality of your music and skill are important. why you think u dont see niggas spittin they mixtape songs at concerts? cuz nobody wants to hear that shit for REAL hip-hop albums
    test
  4. L.R.G

L.R.G Lookin Real Good

OZ, whats with you and 'record execs pickin his tracks' lets assume thats true theirs probably a good reason, because he cant pick his only good singles himself. lol shit, i bet he didnt even want pump it up on his first album n some record exec threw it on, lol nigga made the most money hes ever gonna get
    test
  5. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

Did I strike a chord?

one of yall said he was legendary might not have been you but whatever

you really believe he has better material in the last 12 months? Nobody else believes that shit...and If you really do believe that...that's the type of stuff you keep to yourself (besides Nas hasn't dropped anything in the last 12 months).

He has more potential than JayZ & Nas? Potential To Do what? make another wack album?
    and even if he does have potential (which it's obvious he doesn't), potential doesn't make you good.

I spent money on that debut album and the shit was wick wack...ain't no 5-6 good songs...might be like 2 at the most. His first cd was unlistenable. Wackness.

His second album will never come out due to the quality of his last album
    same as in Redman's case...Malpractice was straight up garbage...hot garbage
    test
  6. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

in the grand scheme nobody cares about what you do underground.
    Nobody buys mixtapes they download the shit for free, they buy albums.
    What you do on the mixtape circuit is small time nobody cares about that shit....mixtapes hold no weight especially when trying to compare some mixtape mc to legendary multiplatinum artists...yall talking about he's released better shit...He hasn't RELEASED anything except his wack debut

you probably couldn't even find his 1st album at FYE let alone a dumb ass mixtape
    tell me why a mixtape shouldn't be ignored? one good reason
    test
  7. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

^^^Idiots....

Mixtapes shouldn't be ignored because some of the most legendary tracks are from mixtapes. And Joey even said it himself, the mixtapes are where he can really get into what he feels is real hiphop. and I can agree with that. Mood ••••• I and II were both better than ALOT OF SHIT I see most yall call classic...ALOT OF IT. And what do you mean nobody cares for the mixtape circuit.....check the damn moxtape section of this site idiot...there's about the same...if not more posts and replys and people downloading form the mixtapes in comparison to the album section. Nas and Jay are some of the most overrated emcees of all time. Now, THEY ARE GREAT...but damn, Joeys better. People in this thread have been talkin about the past year and shit...IM SAYING PERIOD! Joeys first album was by no means wack....the fuck yall smokin'. But it was also by no means a classic. I could listen to it all the way through, on repeat...aside from the two garbage songs at the end that are clearly labeled...BONUS TRACKS. Everything Joeys has spit since then has been flames....dude is consistant. I wanna know what garbage songs yall boys be talkin' bout so I could go find them....cuz I obviously aint heard them.....niggaz is talkin about 2/3's of his shit be garbage....on what planet?

For Every Classic song you name of Nas and Jay....I could name one of Joeys that'll prolly be better. Dude is just that nice with it.....now.....

let the hatin' commense
    test
  8. Veez

Veez New Member

i agree wit you kal-el
    test
  9. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

No. Good emcees are good emcees reguardless. They are only more recognized for doing albums. Budden could be one of the greats never dropping an album again.
    test
  10. L.R.G

L.R.G Lookin Real Good

notice how i said LEGENDS, Joe aint eva gonna be a legend let alone worthy of consideration.

i aint sayin mixtapes aint important, i love certain mixtapes. but i have yet to come across a mixtape that is better than a true classic album....say....reasonable doubt or stillamatic. so get off dudes nuts

all i saw was name a classic n Joe has one better n i realized your lost to the wackness. no i cant try and change your opinion on thinkin joeys good cuz taste is different from person to person. n if your gonna think jay n nas is overratted. fine duke, be wack like that. but shit if you actually think budden is better..... im sorry

o yea, fuck dudes comparin the last 6 months n shit. if your gonna compare different MC's you compare them as a whole. fuck outta here "oo he's better in the past yr." FUCK THAT NIGGA. thats just a way for dudes to look like they know somethin n get a good nut in the mouth from the MC they ridin.

bottom line Nas>Budden period, thats still assumin buddens shit "in the last yr has been straight fire"

i mean come on Jigga has been spittin fire for 10 yrs

fuck outta here. fuckin dick ridin faggots

:burst::love-smil

^^^^ yall dudes needa get out n live for real, cuz thats what yall doin to about every wack emcee in the game right now
    test
  11. L.R.G

L.R.G Lookin Real Good

notice how the all time greats WITH skill realeased albums. something tells me joey aint gonna be makin it to the top of XXL's greatest rapper in the history of hip-hop for doin shitty mixtapes
    test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

This is so interesting. this guy is bringing up Reasonable Doubt and Stillmatic, and I could swear, in this thread title, and numerous times in this thread, I said RIGhT NOW. Now I might be mistaken, but didnt Reasonable Doubt come out 10 years ago? Illmatic 11? How is that close to right now. The only thing similar is Joey is as hungry as Nas and Jay were when they made reasonable doubt and illmatic right now, and they are doing it just to do it. Yeah, they wanna make good music, but once your a success the drive to be successful disappears, and they lose the hunger. Joey has it, and its why he is better NOW. not 10 years ago ... NOW

NOW

When?
    test
  13. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

No, but Young Buck & Spider Loc prolly will. Fuck, Joey is a G Unit enemy, he aint gonna get ANY love from XXL.
    test
  14. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

The one point that I will agree with is that mixtapes should be considered in the equation. At the same time it is a smaller part of that equation. Buddens is better than HOv and Nas right now is based on mixtapes. That being the criteria I don't disagree but I disagree with the criteria.
    test
  15. L.R.G

L.R.G Lookin Real Good

yea Joe better on mixtapes because Nas n Jay are in a spot in their careers where they dont need to bullshit tracks on a mixtape
    test
  16. L.R.G

L.R.G Lookin Real Good

my apologies than the source

and im tellin you, you cant compare the caliber of MC;s over a short period of time like that
    test
  17. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

Young JOc is hotter "right now" than Buddens or Eminem. Based on spins that is true but what does that really mean? NOt much.
    test
  18. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

why isnt his album relative?...everythin you do in this game is relative...budden has one garbage album and a dozen hot mixtapes...and your comparin him to two niggas who between em got 4-5 classics 8-10 hot ass albums and dozens of hot guest apperences...your comparin rhinestones to diamonds
    test
  19. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Now includes the past, present and future. The last 2 years is not a short amount of time. Yes I can compare them, that is the entire basis of this thread, if you cant look at 2 people and see who is clearly better, then fine...you cant. But I can and will.
    test
  20. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Plz read the thread title, and then edit your post. OK, thanx. That is, if you can read to begin with...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.