Joe Budden > Nas & Jay-Z Now

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by -Oz-, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

We started this in another thread, but fuck it, deserves its own. Now a few years ago, I wouldnt have made this discussion, but through time Budden has got better, and nas and Hov havent. Id honestly rather have the growth than a new Jigga album.

To me Jay is the greatest of all time, he is my personal favorite rapper ever, so I aint no hater. Nas is top 5 dead or alive too. But right now neither can hold a candle to Budden. Budden is too real, and too passionate, maybe its cause he still hungry, I dunno...Budden crafts much better songs. Real life shit.

Like Jay he can adjust his flows, tempos...everything. He is the next Jay-Z skill wise, and song writing wise. Id rather listen to Mood Musik 2, than pretty much any Nas album, and prolly Jay too (considering I played all their albums out too..).

I think Jay & Nas are both over-rated at this point in time. Really, Stillmatic was dope, Gods Son was good, SD was good, Nas aint been dropping ill shit. Dunno why we give him so many props. Hov been staying consistent for the most part....but he wanna be a little faggot and not drop albums.

Yeah, Budden first album was average, but he has come a long way in 3 years, and them faggot execs at Defjam, pick the songs for albums, he prolly wouldnt have put half them songs on their.

Right now

Joe Budden > Jay-Z and Nas

If you don't agree with that, then Joe Budden > Lil Wayne, Obie Trice, DMX and all the other average fucks you people dickride for no reason. Yeah, that includes mr 5 9.
    test
  2. TimmayB

TimmayB Stay Up.

I completeley concur.

Joe Budden is currently the best MC alive.

You wanna try to counter, go ahead, I'll come back.

Because this is nearly a fact.
    test
  3. Cardo

Cardo Im Extra Scary

yea I aint read all that but I also agree will also be back lol
    test
  4. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

he needs to release an album, period. I'm not denying the man's talents, but until that album comes out i'm not putting him over Jigga & Nas. Because we all know the great songs he's released on mixtapes n all, but if he drops a whack album it'll say something about him.
    test
  5. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

They won't release him, nothing he can do about it, and when they do, some dickface is gonna be picking the songs, not Budden himself.
    test
  6. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

He doesn't hold a candle to jay or nas, not now, or before, or maybe even ever.

Nor 5'9 neither.
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

There's no way.... He has tooo many bad songs in contrast to the few GREAT ONES....

I think he's better than Nas cuz I've always said Nas is overrated as hell but he ain't better than Hov.....
    test
  8. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

whoa, is it really fair to compare him to Nas right now? I can think of one Nas song made this year. Nas hasn't really released much lately. Jay on the other hand has been releaseing a shit load of crappy remix verses. Buddens is amazing though. He's starting to become one of my favorite rappers.

I'd say

Buddens> Jay-z, but as far as Nas, we'll have to wait 4 tha hip hop is dead album.
    test
  9. L.R.G

L.R.G Lookin Real Good

no

budden should be lucky that you even mentioned his name in the same thread with Nas and Jay-Z. if budden every does as much for hip hop as either nas or jay-z let alone both of them combined ill call him great. hes alright, not my favorite but by no means better than Jay-z or nas.
    test
  10. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

test
  11. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Oz is talking about recent music, not overall.
    test
  12. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

I agree with Oz.

Jay and Nas are BOTH overrated in my book. And Joey has release more than just a few classic songs on a mixtape. His album wasn't bad at all. Considerin' the fact that some asshole pick those songs for the album, I could still bump 11 out of the fifteen, not includin' the bonus tracks...which he said himself that he wishes he never did those.

Joey = AMAZING

Now, watch in about a year after his album drops, people are gonna be callin' him wack...like they've done to everyone else....from Eminem to Banks
    test
  13. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

"Doing shit for hiphop" has nothing to do with talent, or skill levels.
    test
  14. Mr. Key

Mr. Key Heron and sex in one....

Budden needs to make a classic. His last album was weak and didnt sell, and as a result of that he's been put on the back burner. Other people are getting chances now that he once had but didnt come through on. Budden is ill, but I dont think he'll ever sell, I dont think he'll even sell as much as his last album, and that is why his shit says its not coming out till 2025.
    test
  15. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Jay-Z & Nas's classic albums are among their worst selling. I agree, Hov will outsell Budden all day, he could outsell Nas tho.

That shit isnt the point, Joey got more classics on mixtapes, then Hov and Nas had combined in the last few years.

Besides, Bleek and Young Gunz, their newer albums didnt sell but 300k combined. Buddens only album sold more than that alone. I mean, I know he aint gonna sell unless he drops a dope single (which he can) and gets the promotion he deserves (which he wont). But thats a bullshit excuse, LL aint sell, Ghostface aint sell...most the people Defjams released since Hov was president didnt sell.

Juelz went gold.
    Neyo sold platinum.
    Kanye is double platinum.
    Jeezy sold.

Thats it.
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Fuck the sales... More than 50% of Budden's tracks are wack to me.... The good one's are GREAT but there's too many bad ones... And his album sucked.... Even tho', the best song of his career (IMO) was on it.....

I could only listen to like 4 songs on it
    test
  17. Blaine Fontaine

Blaine Fontaine property hustla

i wont comment because i havent heard Budden like that so gimmie 10 good Budden tracks to DL
    but really there is no next Jay-Z
    just like theres no next Michael Jackson/Jordan
    yea gimmie some tracks tho
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

You can't judge him on 10 tracks... Cuz his top 10 tracks are probably AS GOOD as some of the bests... But it's also about consistency... I think more of his tracks are wack than good... But when they're great, they're as ill as a rapper could basically come

10 Minutes is his best track, BY FAR, IMO

And no, Budden is in no way, shape, or form, better than Royce da 5'9... I agree he's better than Obie, DMX, and Lil Wayne's wack ass...

But honestly, I think (from what I've heard of late) Lupe Fiasco is even more consistent than Mr. Budden... Not sayin' Lupe's best track is better than Budden's but more consistent good music... I rather get a album with every track bein' "good" than an album with a couple CLASSIC tracks 'n the rest is garbage-average...
    test
  19. KnightMere

KnightMere KnightMere

or O.Trice
    test
  20. E. Fate

E. Fate Guest

Do you think it's fair to make that judgement based on REMIX verses, rather than Hov's own shit?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.