JJTD is the most over rated battle rapper... Period

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by walk with me, Jul 17, 2013.

1. walk with me

walk with me Member

this niggas trash b... honestly...

nigga isn't original
    steals lines & flows
    his voice is wack
    and has no presence

he has like 1 or 2 hot lines per battle.... someone please tell me one battle where he snapped? He lost every battle I seen him in and he black and lost to a white dude on 106. how the fuck an established URL battle rapper lose the 1st week on 106... sons trash... tired of people sucking dude off
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  2. walk with me

walk with me Member

and yes.... suge beat JJ 2-1

only reason why it looked otherwise is becuase of that corn ball ass crowd. Suge had a stronger presence and his bars were more aggressive and more funny. JJ shit was od generic

the crowd was just corny and not used to that real shit
    test
  3. Solotv84

Solotv84 Member

Ease of the meth brah
    test
  4. My Kall

My Kall Well-Known Member

Nah John John Da Don's cool, if anything he's under-rated. Charlie Clips is the most over-rated battle rapper.
    test
  5. juicedawg

juicedawg Member

The hate is real. What a load of bullshit. If anything, John John is underrated. I agree with My Kall's post. Charlie Clips is far more overrated. Does he have faults? Of course, but what battle rapper doesn't? In his most recent battles, he's addressed a huge chunk of his critiques and weaknesses (Retired multiple choice scheme finally, stopped flipping other people's shit as blatantly, come with straight bars from old Grindtime days John John). That's a big deal considering I can't say the same for most other more respected battlers.

The only reason John John gets so much hate and backlash is because at the time he got major exposure (500k to million views) on URL, he was doing the multiple choice streak and flipping his opponents style on them. That was only 2 battles he did that (Bill Collector and Hitman Holla Summer Madness) But those 2 battles have almost 2 million views combined. So it's literally all he is known for. As for 106 and Park, the format there doesn't suit punchline rappers period. It was dumbass move to go on there. I'll definitely give you that. The ADD nature of the audience and short 30 second round format is better suited for jokes over bars and super simple elementary rhyme schemes/off the head freestyles.

Not original? Watch his old battles. Dude has almost 20+ battles. You can't let 2 battles alone define him. Even in those 2 battles, he was no more unoriginal than most other battle rappers who get far less hate. eg. Nobody gave other rappers shit when they say ball game repeatedly against hit man or other opponents, Charlie Clips used a whole priorities scheme against X factor, 3 other rappers did Bill Collector impressions or people use bodybag schemes against tech 9, zip him up against k shine etc. Yet all hell breaks loose when John John does it.

Steals lines and flows? Unfair. He flips other people's shit. And it was only like 2-4 battles tops that he did that. There's a big difference. Also, most of the time he even acknowledges it before he does it. Sometimes, it's even just coincidence that two rappers think of similar bars on their own and that happens a lot with others. Not that it makes it any better and I agree shit like that should be avoided altogether but soooo many other rappers do it waaayyy more times and in more battles than John John and don't catch any heat for it. Why have a double standard for John John then? Want examples? Too many to list. Even K Shine NOME 3 headshot fat bitch instagram line was stolen. Rex recycle bars off his mixtape. Heck B Magic used a "You'll get a hollow cap with no LOM Logo" line when clearly John John said it first.

Voice is wack? I guess? It's not that bad and there's far worse in the game that's accepted.

No prescence? How do you explain his X factor in Detroit where he was on away turf yet captivated the crowd and made them go crazy? How do you pull that off with no presence? Wanna know who qualifies for no presence? Nuborn, that's a much better example. John John has plenty presence maybe not the absolute best like a Hitman, Verb, Surf or Shotgun but enough. Check out his Half Past Seven battle, Brixx Belvedere, LottaZay rematch, Money Bagz battle. All original bars, no filler, good presence, no multiple scheme. And that doesn't count his older grindtime battles where he was on a straight killing spree. I feel like cos a lot of people haven't seen John John in that mold so they think he's wack just off 2 battles but he's not.
    test
  6. juicedawg

juicedawg Member

Back in 2011 (2 years ago)

Leave 7 dazed just to show him how week he is
    Take them "AR"s out your "BARS" cos it's "BS"

I took your life and gave it back I'm an Indian giver

Nuff said
    test
  7. juicedawg

juicedawg Member

test
  8. juicedawg

juicedawg Member

They should call you T-pot, you only whistle when it's hot
    test
  9. Boom

Boom paradox

I liked gt john john the best
    test
  10. Samjd702

Samjd702 New Member

My boy Danny Myers took it to him too.
    test
  11. blacknacoustic

blacknacoustic Member

Lol did everyone forget that Mook is still a battler rapper....i think mook is 1st if not second in overrated battle rappers....Dude got 5-0 by himself...how do you win a battle and lose a battle at the same damn time!
    test
  12. eastcoastreppa

eastcoastreppa Well-Known Member

JJ is super basic to me zero charisma he does nothin to make u wanna watch his battles he raps like he tuely dosent believe in what he wrote. Every rapper has a character Math is the bully, Verb is the Villian T rex is most hated, what is JJDD character?
    test
  13. blacknacoustic

blacknacoustic Member

I think that JJ is developing into the new YK......dude that could possibly have bars just no one believes/wants to hear it.
    test
  14. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

Suge hasn't beaten anyone in years.

JJTD isn't overrated WHo rates him high
    He's got some good delivery and pressence meh.... writing But that's true for most of them dudes that came from the PG
    He's an average battler who got some buzz past his position
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

Is JuiceDawg JJTD he defending it allot
    test
  16. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

The young up and comer
    test
  17. juicedawg

juicedawg Member

Exactly. It's not like he was ever considered top tier in the first place. Mid tier definitely and he deserves that spot. He's nothing special compared to the greats even when he was at his prime.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. haze skunk

haze skunk Member

op on point
    test