Jimmy Wales wikipedia begging

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by tequila togorgeous, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tequila togorgeous

tequila togorgeous New Member

What is the point of presenting a picture of yourself alongside a donation appeal if that picture is of you having a complete 'does it look like I give a fuck' expression on your face?

This is the spec so everyone will have seen what i'm talking about when they've been wiki juicing their posts. Every time you click on an article you are presented with an image of Jimmy wales alongside a link that reads "Please read: a personal appeal from wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales". Now, If you are going to make a personal appeal then when I look at the picture accompanying it I should see agony. I should look into your eyes and see the bitter conflict between that part of you that needs the money and that part of you which hates yourself for even asking. That picture should be of you on your knees - your fucking knees - hands held up to the heavens and tears streaming down your face. Instead the pic of Jimmy Wales is one you might attach to a text telling someone that you just slept with their mum.

If he is incapable of looking sympathetic then he should replace the picture of him with one of a third world ethnic kid browsing wikipedia on a crt monitor. Perhaps one with an IV hanging from their arm for added punch. That's how you get people to donate to shit. You have to make them feel like heroes for parting with 50 pence. Surely he's not so dumb that he doesnt understand this?

But then again he must be since he seems oblivious to the fact that the entirety of the wikipedia audience is made up of people too cheap and lazy to take any real step towards furthering their understanding. Its chief function is that of a bullshit enhancement tool. You make a thoughtless, gut reaction to something and then use wiki to adorn it with statistics, quotes and historical tidbits in an effort to make it appear like an example of informed analysis. It's the internet equivalent of thick rimmed glass frames and whilst it is very good at that its not good enough that people are going to pay for it. The same fanatical losers who beaver away on wikipedia pushing their takes on events as the undisputed truth were around before wikipedia and many of their personal sites are still up. He needs to add google adsense and fuck off, basically.
    test
  2. Radium

Radium f k

wikipedia is legit tho
    test
  3. Tsubotai

Tsubotai Winter Jamz '11

Haha, good site but you're right. I think they got enough to manage.
    test
  4. x calibur

x calibur

Lmao.

I honestly doubt that they're in such need of donations.
    test
  5. x calibur

x calibur

29.5 million dollars? really?
    test
  6. x calibur

x calibur

test
  7. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Depends what you're searching for...

If you're looking for history and politics, Wikipedia is a bad place.
    test
  8. x calibur

x calibur

wikipedia is a highly useful site. it's great for getting an overview on most topics (to dig deep you still need books).

with that said, I do have issues with the leadership of jimbo and his cronies. I think that millions of dollars of donation money have been embezzled.
    test
  9. kingorap

kingorap New Member

test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I went to the Wiki page on my family name and edited myself into it saying how i was this great person and how i established an oceanic trade route from europe to the orient and how i was responsible for all these good things in society such as the spice trade, the distribution of marijuanna amongst the islands, i fought in some revolution etc etc

it stayed up for a month and a half then someone took it all down

fuckers
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.