Jewish Holocaust or Black American Slavery.....Which one was worse?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Blanco_, Jan 3, 2011.

?

Which was worse?

1. Jewish Holocaust

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Black American Slavery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teacozy

teacozy New Member

and maybe you should ask Erik these things. Because he's right, but I'm trying to be scarce and I've already posted too much in this thread and I feel like no one's saying anything of use or interest. I could go into why the three of you (you, Per$onal and xHollowx) are off-point as fuck but I'm tired of myself right now.
    test
  2. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Slave Ships

Slave Ships look pretty much the same to a concentration camp to me...

this whole "blacks were allowed to live" is bullshit....it was only luck some survived, not everyone in a concentration camp died did they??? some survived to, some were slaves and had to do forced labour, the only ones really killed were leaders and the too sick to work.....the holocoust wasnt just Jews is was gays, blacks, disabled people and a whole host of others.....

Jews had a chance to escape....blacks didnt.....Jews could run away to other countries that would protect them, blacks couldnt.....Jews had a choice to live in Germany or not, Blacks didnt.....Jews supported Hitler and sold their own people out just like African coastal kings sold peoples of enemy tribes from the jungles an inland areas (not 'their' brothers and families, like the Jews did)......

400 years of oppression Vs 5yrs of oppression is no contest......

As someone said, the Jews didnt have it the worst at that period in time anyway....I'd rather have been Jewish than Russian, or Chinese....Id rather have been Jew than a chinese under Mao or to be a civilian under Pol Pot or Stalin.....EDIT: I realized this is wrong....Mao and them was a lil later...but the Japanese did much worse to the Chinese and other people than Hitler did to the Jews....

Jews werent rounded up ALL over the world no matter what country and oppressed it was one mad man.....where as blacks were victimized by EVERY european and western nation alike indisciminately....

The Jews were given a 'homeland' that is still protected to this day while blacks in Africa are still being abused for their natural resources.....

the holocoust is over but slavery is not......

They were both horrible but not comparable at all.....

If I was forced to choose....from my responses here you can see what I think is worse on the grand scale of things.....

But as I said earlier...your gonna sympathize more with what your more closely related to.....if I was a Jew and my grandad was murdered I might say that was worse....but thats an emotional response not a factual, logical response

PEACE
    test
  3. dwelz

dwelz ,,|,,(-_-),,|,,

What would that prove anyway? You just do a report on this or something?
    test
  4. teacozy

teacozy New Member

I'm half-kidding. But the point is that these dudes don't know anything about either event. That's kind of important.
    test
  5. Mistake

Mistake Dougie Darko

you know what is dumber than the opinions in this thread is why this was even brought up.. Both are fucked why compare.. Stupid arguement imo
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. jsmooth995

jsmooth995 Old Head

FYI: Millions of people did die in the transatlantic slave trade. According to most estimates between 1.5 and 2 million died on the transport over here alone. Google the Middle Passage. A lot of people on here seem to be lacking a basic historical foundation.

But regardless, trying to compare the two atrocities is pointless, meaningless and counterproductive except for helping me compile a list of people on RM who are not worth trying to reason with.
    test
  7. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

I'm black and this shit had me dying laughing!!!
    test
  8. tyronehouston

Agreed, it's why I stayed out, because this arguement would only bring out the worst in some people.
    test
  9. tyronehouston

Good job Teacozy in bringing some sanity into this argument the best you could. I didn't want to involve myself in this discussion, but i'm glad someone shared the viewpoints I had and was able to articulate them on this board.
    test
  10. the omega man

the omega man so, it goes

Slavery taught work ethic.

Were the Mexican's slaves at one time?
    test
  11. kenchilla

kenchilla New Member

mexicans been slaves for a min tbh. as shady as they can be sometimes, gotta love how hard they work.
    test
  12. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop this ainta pageant pimpin

wow downplay holocaust much?

slaveship = concentration camp? uh no. You actually get to get off the boat at some point and its basically transportation with terrible terrible conditions. But its Not a death camp. The conditions at times may have seemed similar but cmon these are not the same. Once at a plantation, at least from a sustinence point of view, the slave owners wanted to keep their slaves in good health where as the nazis didnt give a fuck they would like you wilt away and starve to death and not give a shit because there are millions of more just like you.

I like how you compare the deaths as 'meh not all of them died' - when 10 million people died and like 6 million of them were jews. 'Too sick to work' is pretty misleading because under the conditions they lived damn near everyone was 'too sick to work'

and jews can just 'run to a different country' - wtf?

and perhaps im ignorant, but show me some stuff the japanese did that was worse than the holocaust?

post is biased as hell tbh

holocaust as an act is much worse as a short term event and slavery is much worse on a social equality and long term scale.

If you want to end your argument with 'They are both terrible and not comparable' then you shouldnt spend your whole post trying to downlplay one of the atrocities.
    test
  13. teacozy

teacozy New Member

I kinda wanna close this but I feel like that'd be censorship.
    test
  14. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

Btw whoever said "jews are doing well, maybe african americans can follow suit"..

...look at your browser. Yep yep.. then look at your address bar.
    Okay, okay, still with me?
    Now read one of the key words.. rap music board.
    Hip hop was started by who.. oh yeah.. those blacky criminal guys..

Maybe the black guy isn't doing SO bad for himself.
    test
  15. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

stopped reading there
    test
  16. kenchilla

kenchilla New Member

lmao why you trying to play the opposite side now
    test
  17. Gopher D'Gusto

Gopher D'Gusto Well-Known Member

Coming from a Jew, I really hate when people do this.

I'm sure it's been said already, but there's really no need to compare the two other than to acknowledge that they're both ugly chapters in world history.

This is what sucks about debate in society today. The constant need to argue why "what was done to my people was worse than what was done to yours."
    test
  18. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

" It may be pointless to try to establish which World War Two Axis aggressor, Germany or Japan, was the more brutal to the peoples it victimised. The Germans killed six million Jews and 20 million Russians [i.e. Soviet citizens]; the Japanese slaughtered as many as 30 million Filipinos, Malays, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Indonesians and Burmese, at least 23 million of them ethnic Chinese. Both nations looted the countries they conquered on a monumental scale, though Japan plundered more, over a longer period, than the Nazis. Both conquerors enslaved millions and exploited them as forced labourers—and, in the case of the Japanese, as [forced] prostitutes for front-line troops. If you were a Nazi prisoner of war from Britain, America, Australia, New Zealand or Canada (but not Russia) you faced a 4% chance of not surviving the war; [by comparison] the death rate for Allied POWs held by the Japanese was nearly 30%.[24]"

Japanese war crimes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The shit was an "Asian Holocaust"

Do some reading.....the Japanese were MUCH worse than the Nazi's....except they did it to 'yellow' people so who cares right???

Slave ships were concentration camps point blank....

PEACE
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.