Jean Grae has one serious flaw...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Prime Evil, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prime Evil

Prime Evil Registered Abuser

the only thing that makes me not listen to her is her emotion/delivery on tracks.

she doesn't sound convincing...puts no emotion in it. boring.

i'm listening to this 'style wars' track....and it would've been sooooo much better if she put more emotion in it.
    test
  2. Imperial1

Imperial1 For pressed ones only

Jean's one serious flaw......

She's a female. [pus]

That is all.

Imperial1
    test
  3. OrtizDupri

OrtizDupri then you gotta BREATHE

Listen to some of her other stuff... like that track she did over Scarface's "On My Block"... her delivery was good on that.
    test
  4. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

i think she outshined IT with a hook as far as emotion goes
    test
  5. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

She bores me to death.
    test
  6. M-SiZZY!!

M-SiZZY!! Deli Beats

yeah she is very boring to listen to..
    test
  7. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

She's monotone and has no bounce in her flow.
    test
  8. Broken English

Broken English Flyest Kiwi on Earth

she is a boring female nuff said...

her lyrics deserve more than that, she should consider ghost writing.
    test
  9. JKillaZ

JKillaZ New Member

No it's the opposite thats the only reason she is given a chance, shes an average emcee, but since all female emcees are wack its amazing to ppl that she isn't completley wack, bitches suck at rapping.
    test
  10. gotband4nothing

gotband4nothing New Member

fucking faggots
    test
  11. GameRGame

GameRGame Do better.

"The massive success of a White Man like Eminem shows that White males are more accepted within hip-hop than Black females. Black women in hip hop are potrayed as either silent, willing strippers or complaining, troublesome meddlers. Female rappers are either boy toys (Lil Kim, Foxy Brown) or tomboys (MC Lyte, Lady of Rage), both of which are personalities constructed around a masculine norm rather than a female norm. This means that women are defining themselves in reaction to what men want rather than what they want. This is obviously the wrong message to send to young women and men who will have to create relationships that become families of the next generation". - Toure..
    test
  12. Prime Evil

Prime Evil Registered Abuser

^ very true.

and if you add that to the fact that if you're a black mc you can only make it in hiphop if you portray the image of a thug (there are exceptions of course)...so yeah...it's fucked up.
    test
  13. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

The only femcee I really feel now is Bahamadia. The others all have voices that grate to me. Rage seems to be retired, I've heard her once in the past 12-odd years.
    test
  14. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

What is this so-called "norm" for females? Since they're waxing intellectually for the greater benefit and betterment of woman-kind in society and hip-hop, it just seemed kind of out of place to bring up behavioral norms of sexuality and femeninity as a stereotyped appearance or attitude. That's kind of counter to the idea of viewing men and women as equals, rather than as stereotypical roles in society.

Come to think of it: I thought Lil Kim presented herself as a sexually empowered woman, all about making dudes bow to HER sexually, rather than the other way around. A dominatrux slut, basically, but still a form of role-reversal that is contrary to "personalities constructed around a masculine norm" Salt and Pepa did it with more class and self-respect, but who says women should be soft-spoken and reserved either?

What about Lauryn Hill who only deflated her own presence as a mainstay in hip-hop by straying further from it in her own artistic direction? What makes Rah Digga a tomboy? Her deep voice? She's a mom and a wife, who just rhymes about being dope like any other MC, male or otherwise.

They're probably suggesting that the role of the average black woman isn't presented in hip-hop... but how many male MC's, of any color, do you see presenting their lives, their roles in society and their households, or their ideas without some kind of posturing towards masculinity? You never see anybody saying "I'm a good dad, I don't do drugs, I'm honest, and I treat women with respect" on wax or in any interviews. The role of the average anybody isn't presented in hip-hop. Even the drive to present the struggle of the young black male is long gone.

The reason that female MC's with skill can't get on is the same reason that dope MC's never get signed... commercialized media driven by a marketable image, rather than actual talent or artistic value. It's all about finding the next spokesperson for the next super-bowl commercial.
    test
  15. ActionJackson

ActionJackson New Member

if you ever see jean grae live it will change all of your ignorant minds.
    test
  16. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

^I bet she's probably better live, but seeing a dope live showed hopped up on all the crunk juice in the world isn't going to make her albums more emotional and rythmic. So I doubt it'd change my mind about her music... all I have is The Bootleg of the Bootleg EP, and some guest spots, but it ain't doin' nothin' for me man.
    test
  17. Imperial1

Imperial1 For pressed ones only

I repeat..

Jean's one flaw.......

SHE'S A FEMALE.

That is all. [pus]

Imperial1
    test
  18. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

she has Bahamadia syndrome, only she's at least a little better in terms of delivery...
    test
  19. gotband4nothing

gotband4nothing New Member

about the lil kim shit.. u MUST b a homo

about the rah diggah shit .. listen 2 Flipmode Squad: The Imperial
    test
  20. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

I like Rah Digga. What are you trying to tell me?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.