JayZ - Kingdom come review

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by urban_tactics, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.Mack

J.Mack Highly Under-rated

I died after reading this. lmao
    test
  2. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

I would sign urb strictly for his attitude...

And for the other cats saying no shit:

I'm not even talking about hip hop heads. I'm talkin about your casual radio listeners. They buy the shit all the time. All an artist needs is one hot song and they just got themselves a sale...

Pz
    test
  3. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

i aint tryna beef or nuttin. but its a damn review. ppl write reviews of other ppls music ALl the time. WTF does it have to do with how well the writer does music? shit is mad irrelevant. your dissing someone because they didnt like a fucking album. thats real lame homie. if you love the album do your own review.

ah wateva i aint beefing, just saying. do you.
    test
  4. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

this album actually sound better as you listen to it, some of the songs that i thought were wack, i actually like right now, like the kayne song is kinda hot, and when actually listening to beach chair, is kinda hot too...i think its just cause the album is soooo far from what i expected, i think he really tried to go out of his way to be different...shit kinda takes u off guard
    test
  5. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

The album has its moments, but there are too many tracks that come from left field, so when Im vibin I have to skip the track, Skippable tracks: Do you wanna Ride, Anything, Hollywood, Dig a Hole, Beach Chair. Lyrically Jay did his thing, and I have no beef with the album on that level. The tracks that get skipped arent neccessarily wack, Jay Still spits some shit on those tracks, but they are way too left field from the initial vibe of the album, so the album doesnt seem to transition too well. The album is alright, I wouldnt call it wack, more like a let down of personal expectations. I dont really listen to albums for producers so its not about who produced what, When I listen to an album I just wanna vibe out and live a portion of my life to an album, without skipping tracks, this album did not allow me to do so fully. Favorite track on the album was 30 something, I think the lyrical content describes the vibe of the album, pretty nice beat on this one.
    test
  6. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

"The album is alright, I wouldnt call it wack, more like a let down of personal expectations."

yeah but thats the way i looked at it at first too, now the next day as i re listen to it again, after i get over what i was expecting...the only songs that i dont still like area the prelude, kingdom come, and anything...beach chair is one of the songs that actually sounds the best right now, 30 something, trouble, hollywood, wanna ride, i made it are sounding real nice
    test
  7. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

i shouldnt have to listen to an album 12 times before i start to like it.......
    test
  8. djestouff

djestouff New Member

in the end it doesnt matter though, it's either good or its not. doesnt matter how long it takes to decide, thats just on you for not being ready to handle it haha
    test
  9. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

i dont think its about listening to it over and over again till u like it...i think the album as a whole is so left feild, that it takes a min to get over the fact that its nothing like what u expected...album is pretty damn good in my opinion
    test
  10. Phoenix5891

Phoenix5891 T.S.K.

lol @ ready to handle...Don't be ridiculous.....Music is an acquired taste..If you listen to anything often enough you will start to like it...

I can fuck with about 9 out of the 14...These joints arent classics tho...This sounds like Black album reject tracks
    test
  11. urban_tactics

if i wanna hear somethin left field, i'll listen to baha men or somethin.....
    test
  12. urban_tactics

just like bitches.........

u got fine bitches....u got ugly bitches

but if u look at an ugly bitch enough times, she'll look LESS ugly.....

i'm not gonna listen to this album until i start to like it, and then it start fuckin up my personal creativity........

i go off first impression dawg.....and my first impression is this is trash
    test
  13. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Me and you on the same page, 9/14. Im sure certain tracks will grow on me, but that wont mean the album as a whole gets any better, an album is about a listening experience, and when you get these left field as tracks it destroys vibe, so listening to "Anything" right after "I Made it" for example, does not work, no matter how many times I listen to it
    test
  14. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

^^i agree with that, vide is kinda choppy...but overall i like the album, but its definetly not what i was expecting
    test
  15. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

come on dawg, u know thats a ridiculous analogy
    test
  16. I-ki

I-ki New Member

aint really feelin this album... ill only fuk with 2 maybe 3 tracks....
    test
  17. urban_tactics

how?

thats true for ANYTHING son....thats how niggaz ADAPT to evrything exposed to them....by repetition

thats why niggaz in prison fukkin niggaz in the ass and fallin in love wit each other....
    test
  18. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

urb i think u went a lil to far with that last one.

but anyways i thought it was common sense if you listen to something over and over you acquire a tast fore it. hell laffy taffy was the worst shit ive ever heard. but ill tell u wat. after i heard it 1000 times i started bumpin that shit when it came on the radio and singing it.

to argue with that is just stupid. its fact. there are country songs i like believe it or not just becuase of how many times i heard them.
    test
  19. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

i dont even know what the hell your talking about...
    test
  20. djestouff

djestouff New Member

yeah but sometimes something will grow on you after like 3-4 listens, like you thought one way about it before and then you change your mind.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.