JayZ - Kingdom come review

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by urban_tactics, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

prelude - ehhhh....its aiight

oh my god - wow this beat is wack....just blaze aint himself on this one

kingdom come - once again beat is GARBAGE AS FUCK.....c'mon just blaze

show me what you got - fire ofcourse, even tho the nigga didnt even produce it

lost ones - i really fucks wit this....lol @ production credits being for dre....dr dre aint made this shit...lmao

do you wanna ride - what in the hell??? wow this is trash......damn it kanye.......

30 something - lmao@ dr. dre tryin to do neo-soul type shit now....this beat is aiight....the track coo...i prolly wont listen to it again anytime soon

made it - yes, this is what the fuck i'm talkin about....this shit right here i fucks wit, i can ride to this....dont kno about that cuppy ass clap tho....

anything - hook is trash....once the verse come on, its coo.....but that wack ass hook ruins it for me

hollywood - yo this shit is fire....single material....prolly the next single i'm sure

trouble - another dre beat....sounds more like dre....its coo....it got a lil groove to it....

dig a hole - oh lord, a swizz beat.......and yes the beat is trash.....hook is wack.....

minority report - another dre beat....man i dont like dre beats man....i mean the shit coo, but i've always hated his drums....Ne yo sounds better on this beat than JayZ....nigga shoulda just did a solo track over this beat on his 2nd album

beach chair - lol@ these instruments......what in the hell..........wow this is trash........lmfaoooooooooooo....wow this GARBAGE.....sound like one of you niggaz made this beat.........

overall...the album is trash, i wont even bother burnin it

hope this aint the real album thats droppin..........nigga need to go ahead and retire.......
    test
  2. SoulBoy

SoulBoy Bitch wheres my Grammy

Lol that review made me laugh...
    test
  3. Track Wrecka

Track Wrecka Productions

ionno... i kinda like a lot of this shit i'm hearin. the beats aren't the main focus, and i think he comes off dope on a lot of these tracks. i gotta listen more in depth tho.
    test
  4. M1 DaSandNigga

M1 DaSandNigga New Member

Lol @ this guy acting like he's all important.

Your belly holds more weight than your opinion.
    test
  5. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

lol.....
    test
  6. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

my first impression of the album, listen to just the beats, dont really give a fuck about dudes lyrics at this point...

prelude - beat is wack

oh my god - i like the beat, dont like the song, and dont think anyone should ever have even considered rapping to it

kingdom come- - beat is ok, i hate this song though

show me what u got - hated this song and beat at first, still dont like it, but its growing on me

lost ones - i like this shit alot, beat is hot, song is dope

do u wanna ride - could be the worst beat i've ever heard, and one of the worst songs ive heard this year

30 something - bassline is real hot, and that rodes in the backround...dont like the horns stabs, shit coulda been alot hotter

i made it - this shit is cool, is whatever

anything - i hate this song

hollywood - i like this, guitars are hot

trouble - shit is weird, kinda hot though

dig a whole - beat is kinda wack

minority report - i like this shit, beat is dope, flow is dope

beach chair - i dont know what the fuck this shit is....shit sounds like noise

fuck this album...some one needs to get thier hands on the accapellas and post them up
    test
  7. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

hahahahhahahahahahahahahaha.....

that shit was funny...
    test
  8. SoulBoy

SoulBoy Bitch wheres my Grammy

wtf @ that beach chair beat...lololll
    test
  9. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I still think the way Kingdom Come flips that sample is ridiculous....but overall, after 1.5 listens, I'd give the production on here a 7/10 compared to everything else I've heard.....LMFAO that Game's production is better than what's on here, including DRE beats.....hmmmm...
    test
  10. (( Ozone ))

(( Ozone )) t-t-t-t-toxiq

yeah it's pretty sad that the Dre clones (Scott Storch, JR Rotem, EP, Nottz) are all doing better Dre impressions than Dre

and all the Jay-Z clones (Lil Wayne, Fab, Budden etc) are doing better Jay impressions than Jay

these old niggas need to quit before they fuck up their legacies

with that said... I love Kingdom Come, this album is classic status to me. Moreso because of the lyrics and the overral vibe of the album. The beats.. eh.. not so much. I'm shocked that Pharrell finally made a beat that's listenable though
    test
  11. sylentmind

sylentmind OHIOS BACK

damn all imma be spending is 5 bucks to get it bootleg and yall bout me 2nd guessing

i might just buy it str8 up to support the hov

would be the first cd i have bought since........................ lil wayne 500 degree
    test
  12. Gamshooter

Gamshooter New Member

overall and this is according to a quick skim i did just now

i agree, except i thought prelude was fire and kingdom come is fire aswell, altho i admit hearin the beat for months and months b4 hand and even hearing dudes like ill bill and rain rap over it first kinda made me lose the vibe to it by the time i hear it now u know

but its still fire to me

that beach chair shit, maybe it will grow on me, but first impression was....

is this fake? lol, like it sounds like u know how hip hop went from samples to no samples and everythign kinda went swizz beatz, then neptunes, now basic snapy beats...its like someone was makin a beat tryin to make it so different that it would start a new trend?...but different doesnt mean good lol
    test
  13. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Cot damn....sad that it's almost true....because both can come with it every once in a while, and show why they are who they are...but lately, these upcomers have been out doing them....which is good to me. Jordan wasn't shittin on Kobe when he came back to the Wizards.
    test
  14. 7thSense

7thSense New Member

trouble is the only nice beat on this album, ain't one single on this album either. show me what you got barely qualifies as filler. Jay-z got a weak ear for beats, he got no business runnin a label
    test
  15. Bash

Bash New Member

the fuck? this shit got leaked?
    test
  16. Bash

Bash New Member

yo ya all do know if this shit get bad reviews Jay is gonna come right back and drop another one early next year right?
    test
  17. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

his lyrics are still good..he just should have chosen better beats....I got hotter dre knockoff's locked in the vault lmao

this seems like a personal album of him just getting a lot of shit off his chest...nothing wrong with that...but damn...Idk..maybe its cuz we expect him to do the impossible.it is a lil bit of a let down cuz I want some hard shit man...some "u don't know" type shit.

overall..I definately fuck with the lyrics..many quotables...but some of the beats are a let down.
    test
  18. 32live

32live New Member

nothing about your tracks warrent you to be this damn critical....you would think quincy jones just made this post....im sure if jay heard your joints, he would run holla at guru or hop to replace one of the songs on his album to do a record with you.....WHO is gassin this dude.
    test
  19. rotten apple

rotten apple New Member

that first dude's review was on point.
    the album is a C+ at best.
    jay-z dropped the worst album of his career, period.

lost ones is the best song on the album but i was thinking that it would sound 100x better with premo's drums on it, that mpc60 sound with the hard kicks and warm snares.......
    test
  20. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

I ain't gonna download the bootleg, and I'm surprised some of y'all producers would do that.

But I wanna point out one thing - which is what may sound whack to you as a producer or some engineers will be hot to the consumer. Producers/Engineers/Beatmakers are overly critical of beats and tend to forget who's opinion matters the most - the buyers.

Pz
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.