"Jay Z was nothing before Beyonce" - 50 Cent

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by B. Fury, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

50's next solo album will go platinum in less than a month's time.
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I doubt it. I really dont get into sales too much these days, but he has steadily declined. His first album was like 8x platinum, then that shitty Massacre was 5 or 6x, then all his crew started flopping...next he took about a month to go platinum. He might get there...your right, but he aint shit compared to Jay-Z, Lil Wayne or Kanye West in the mainstream these days.
    test
  3. vandalism

vandalism the king

50's 'Curtis' massively outsold Jay-Z's last album, both in the first week and as of right now...
    test
  4. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

You are infact wrong.

As of April 23, 2008, American Gangster has sold 1,060,769 copies in the United States.

Curtis is at 1.2 million in American sales.

So yeah he sold a little more, but he is on his third album, Jay is on his tenth. How much you think 50 gonna sell when he is even at 5 albums?
    test
  5. vandalism

vandalism the king

lmao, you say I was 'in fact wrong' and then quote the figures proving I'm right for me?
    test
  6. heroinhav

heroinhav New Member

Dude 50 has all the money he could ever want and can fuck any bitch in the world... Beyonce is great but she doesn't have sacred hidden treasure pussy that only one woman has.

You guys are making an issue out of nothing. This is Fif stating facts of what he feels... there's never going to be beef between Jay and Fif. I think Beyonce helped Jay become more of a household name. Jay helped Beyonce start off her solo career.... their relationship made them both more popular.
    test
  7. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

150 Thousand is massively outselling him? Actually it's a little less than that. Jay didn't even have to drop 4 singles or push back the album because he wasn't poppin' at the time. Plus he didn't have to make shitty songs like Amusement Park, Ayo Technology, Follow My Lead or Straight To The Bank.
    test
  8. vandalism

vandalism the king

it's not 150 thousand. Your figures were from completely different dates- 50 had sold 1.2 million as of December 2007, at which point Jay had sold 782,000, that's 50% more. Curtis was released a few weeks earlier so the disparity probably isn't as large now but I'm betting it's still a pretty big margin.

either way, it seems pretty stupid to say that 50 'ain't shit compared to Jay-Z' in the mainstream nowadays when he outsold him on their last record.
    test
  9. Klas~Sick

Klas~Sick New Member

cant wait for 50 cent to die
    test
  10. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Uhhh no. First of all 50 would have had to have sold 1.564 million to sell 50 percent more. I went with the most current information, as of the end of April Jay is at almost 1.1 million, and 50 is at 1.2 million as of right now. I am talking about current sales, not first weeks.
    test
  11. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Me either.
    test
  12. vandalism

vandalism the king

lol, man you need to learn how percentages work: if Jay-Z sold 782,000, then to sell 50% more than him you'd have to sell 150% of what he sold. That's what he sold, plus half what he sold: which is just under 1.2 million. You made the mistake of thinking you have to double it... nope.

And no, 50 sold 1.2 million as of December 27th, 2007, he's wayyy above that by now. here's the sales figures from Hip Hop DX:

Hip Hop Album Sales: Week Ending 12/24/07 | Hip Hop News > HipHopDX.com

On 27th December 50 was clearly on 1.2 million, Jay was on 842,059. unless you can show me a source saying otherwise, you need to smarten up homie
    test
  13. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Nah, there isnt no reliable source that tracks shit up to date. You are right about the 50 percent more though. At the same time, he still didn't massively out sell him. But who cares? The point is, 50 Cent is still a nobody compared to Jay-Z, regardless of a few hundred thousand sales.
    test
  14. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

It took jay-z almost 15 years to make the same amount of money 50 made in 5. How the fuck does that equal to 50 being a no body compared to Jay?
    test
  15. blahblahjoe

blahblahjoe New Member

How can people take 50 Cent seriously now a days with his comments. The guy talks out of his ass to get all this buzz around him cause hes getting ready to drop an album.
    test
  16. heroinhav

heroinhav New Member

WOW. What are you guys smoking? 50 cent Is NOTHING compared to Jay-Z?

Guys stop hating and get yours this is insanity. 50 is one of the BIGGEST names in the history of hip hop and one of the most successful like it or not. The same goes for Jay - Z

Hating is bad for your health get it outta your system ASAP
    test
  17. PERTAiN2LiFE

PERTAiN2LiFE sheesh the rapper

Fiddy is a jackass. Didn't Kanye outsell you? Weren't you suppose to drop an album every time someone from def jam drops? Right.

I mean, if you say something then do it, otherwise to me, everything you say is in passing. You know, how you pitched or shot at or anything else you claim you were. We are our words, and i don't see too much of you in what you're saying.

as far as jay goes, just him and his girlfriend.
    test
  18. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

test
  19. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Actually, 50's about right.

I think he's a faggot, attention seeking, wack peice of shit (watch this get over looked) but he's right.

He's talking about pop culture big. Jay's been big since Big Pimping in the rap world, but he's not been Suburban White Girl big until about 2 years ago. He wasn't the 'face' of rap for other genres/walks of life until about 2 years ago.

lol @ ''he's toured over seas.'' So has Bon Iver. Who? EXACTLY.

Bon Iver is huge right now in his line of work. No one out side it knows who the fuck he is.

Red Hot Chili Peppers been huge since the 80's. No one outside of that world really noticed them until 99. Even then, they weren't pop culture famous until 'By The Way' dropped. They'd toured Europe before most of you were born.

Either way, it's retarded arguing otherwise, because ever since Jigga married beyonce or got 'Pop culture famous' he's been wack.
    test
  20. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I love how nobody remembers the 5-6 years 50 was a NOBODY in the rap game. Add those years in and Jay-Z is light years ahead of 50. Jay didn't have to be a nobody for 5 or 6 years before he got on, and he damn sure didn't need someone like Eminem to co sign him. Without Eminem 50 Cent would be no more popular than someone like Chingy was.

Thats neither here nor there. Hov is still worth over 500 million and 50 aint even close to that.

Actually, who the fuck cares?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.