"Jay Z was nothing before Beyonce" - 50 Cent

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by B. Fury, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B. Fury

B. Fury Active Member

50 CENT has taken a sly swipe at rap rival JAY-Z, insisting the 99 PROBLEMS hitmaker was a "no one" until he wed BEYONCE KNOWLES.

Superstar Jay-Z, real name Shawn Carter, wed the Bootylicious beauty in April (08), and 50 Cent claims it was their union - not the rap mogul's music - that raised his profile on the international scene.

He says, "I'm a big fan of Jay-Z, but outside of the States and hip-hop circles, no one really knew who he was until he married Beyonce."

The In Da Club rapper has also disputed reports that Jay-Z is worth an estimated $1 billion (GBP540 million), but is adamant he's not jealous of his fortune.

He adds, "I don't believe he's worth that much! It's all been exaggerated. I'm comfortable. I don't want for anything so I'm not in a race."

50 Cent recently topped Forbes magazine's poll as the biggest earning hip-hop star of 2008, making $150 million (GBP81 million) in the last 12 months, compared to Jay-Z, who came second with $82 million (GBP44 million).

50 CENT - 50 CENT: 'JAY-Z WAS NOTHING BEFORE BEYONCE'
    test
  2. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

that's some envious bullshit

Jay-Z used to always tour overseas. Even people I knew who came here from other countries would always know about Jay-Z.
    test
  3. CharmSmoker

CharmSmoker Illest RM Poster

Jay been big since Vol 2 when 50 was snitching on Murder Inc around that time
    test
  4. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

LOL...me and my homeboy were talkin about this a month ago. I sliiiightly agree with him...he definitely wasn't "NOTHING"...but I do feel Beyonce helped him cross over to a diff crowd, while most of his crowd knew about Beyonce already.
    test
  5. HarshZ

HarshZ no time for this bullshit

LMAOOOOOOO

i don't know why but this news is hilarious.....

50, i'm pretty sure jay-z wasn't dating beyonce when he was the talk of new york during the nas vs. jay-z beef, OR when he decided to retire...... you have made more money than jay-z now, so i don't get why you're trying to get at him...
    test
  6. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Yeah... it's just what they call a power couple, for Hollywood. Jay-Z got to the final stretch of the race on his own and dominated everything to do with hip-hop and the business of hip-hop, all the way to assuming his executive position... but gettin' with Beyonce immediately started cementing him as a household name in the middle America, VH1, international "face on a Japanese billboard holding a Coke" level of celebrity.

50 Cent kinda has some of that status... by being Eminem's leading lady heh
    test
  7. Wackrapper

Wackrapper New Member

50 talks way too much. He'll never have the respect hov has.
    test
  8. Fantom

Fantom :ihadadream:

lmao... Jay was touring overseas when 50 was still on the block sellin crack...

Fiddy always start running his mouth when his album about to come out... the nigga is fishing right now... The first nigga to respond to him he's gonna go at hard...
    test
  9. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

50 is fucking retarded
    test
  10. Thaencyder

Thaencyder New Member

50 needs to chill.
    test
  11. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Jay is big with the white surburban moms because he was dating and then married Beyonce. It's that TMZ watching crowd that he ended up attracting.
    test
  12. Mock Turtle

Mock Turtle ✂ Touche Douche ツ ✗○✗○✗○☂

It's okay J.

I wasn't anything before meeting my gf either.
    test
  13. heroinhav

heroinhav New Member

When Jay decided to retire? He was with Beyonce during Blueprint 2 and Black Album.

50 has a good point. Sure Jay was always popular in the U.S but Beyonce did help him out Nationwide. I wouldn't take this news too serious... 50 is just speaking his mind.
    test
  14. Crazy Boy

Crazy Boy iAm Chillin'

jay was big here since his big pimpin track
    test
  15. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

This is such a nothing article and an even more nothing thread.
    test
  16. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

They upped each other's status, 50 is jealous cuz Jay got the baddest bitch in the world...stop fucking hating.

lol @ he wasn't that big. IDK where 50 comes up with this stuff.

50 was a nobody until he started hanging around Eminem & Dr. Dre so what is the difference?
    test
  17. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

50 wants BEEF

its how he gets attention & sellz records

c'mon now
    test
  18. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Jay been huge for nearly 10 years. 50 Was hot for about 3. He wont ever go platinum again.
    test
  19. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

What you guys are over looking is the fact that 50 said Jay was big within the hip hop community...thats what everyone seems to be basing this off of. Of course Jigga was always huge to us because we're hip hop heads who been checkin for dude for like ever now. But, there were never cameras on the guy wherever he went until he got wit B, now during any sporting event they're at he...or they become almost the main attraction. Also, it was Jay's songs with Beyonce that pushed him into the pop market.

It's like boxing and Floyd. I knew who he was for years so did every other boxing fan, he was one of the biggest names in the sport...to fans...but it wasn't until he signed on to fight Oscar that the world knew who he was.

Either way, Jay > 50
    test
  20. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

I disagree...if anything...she got bigger because of him. Beyonce wasn't really a star until CRAZY IN LOVE. Sure Destiny's Child was a hit group but still...

JayZ had already had pop music since Hard Knock Life, Big Pimpin, The Blueprint album etc

he didn't hook up with Beyonce till like 03
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.