Jay-Z & Nas, is today's Biggie & Pac

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by FLAMES., Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

emm...looks like my man corey missed a level

THE PIMPS WITH SKILLS:
    Grandmaster Caz then Kane then Jay

THE PUREBREAD LYRICISTS/ THE DEFINING RAPPER OF THE ERA:
    Kool Moe Dee then Rakim then Nas

THE MOST FEARED MC OF EVERY ERA:
    Melle Mel then KRS then Biggie, some would say Eminem now

THE OTHER LEGEND, THE FOURTH WHEEL BUT NOT REALLY:
    Kurtis Blow then Run then Kool G Rap then Pac(and it still is)

i can explain myself more indepth if you would like a rap history lesson.
    let me put it like this, rap is like a car 3 wheel drive, the main 3 wheels control it but it wouldn't work if it didn't have the fourth
    test
  2. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

These threads are stupid...
    test
  3. BoogaTheGreat

BoogaTheGreat yuuule!

drugs are stupid
    test
  4. Richard Corey

Richard Corey battle like a savage

lol... actually, Kool Moe Dee says we're BOTH wrong. According to Moe Dee, in an online interview, every generation there are 5 elite. Three masters, one underground and one superstar.

His generation, the three masters were: Moe Dee, Caz and Mel. The Superstar was Kurtis Blow and the Underground was Spoonie G.

The next generation, the masters were: Rakim , Kane & KRS. The superstar was LL Cool J and the underground was T La Rock (or Kool G Rap, considering who you think was the most influential underground).

The next generation, the masters were: Biggie, Nas and Jay-Z. The superstar was Pac and the Undergound was Ghostface (IMO).

Actually, he seems to agree with you more, noting that there are always 3 illest... so I guess you win.

*Richard hangs head in shame*
    test
  5. Vember

Vember New Member

lemme get this out

JAY-Z is trash. look at his fuckin lyrics, hes plain out trash, how any one could think he's ill much less compare him to anyone up there lyrically (except possibly eminem now) is beyond me

Jay-z is trash......., he sucks

Rakim is the best up there IMO, he brought the multi syllables into the limelight and made hip hop more what it is today than anyone up there i think

I think pac was good on his "talk about whats goin on today/storyline" songs, but on the Gangsta tracks or whatever, he was terrible lyrically

my ranks go like this:(as order what they did for hip hop and lyrically)
    Rakim
    Eminem(Prime)
    Tupac
    Nas
    Biggie
    Jay-z
    Eminem(now)

pz......some1 tell me how jay-z is ill or whatever tho? he's mainstream garbage, even in underground he was only good cus of his flow, n he's lost that now, his vocals are annoying
    test
  6. The Second Comming

The Second Comming you aint poison!!!

OMFG @ saying Jay-Z is trash!

U can't say the man is trash, he's better than most. Sure, he's not the best like most people say he is. But, he is still listed as ONE of the best, fo'sho.

idiot.
    test
  7. 6th_plague

6th_plague More then meets the eye

Pac wasnt a lyracist... not by half

He just said some relavant shit...
    test
  8. The Asshole

The Asshole New Member

it just depends on what you vibe off
    most z listen to tracks nowadays anyway, so if ur track sucks then you lyrics have to be garbage, but
    some people, like pac, had some horrible tracks but he still shined on them, u know why,
    because its not about being a lyricst or a fuckin gangsta rappa or a hustler spitten game, its just what makes sense and what can sell.
    plain and simp, some z fake to the talent that they displayin and some just bite other peoples shit and make it tighter, u've been a witness to that wit jay
    pac was and didnt have to be lyrical finesse wise sinse his voice bended hip hops rules, and his delivery was godlike. His tone was demanding for attention

there is no best in this music shit sinsce there are no two minds that think alike so its pointless in arguing over this thread or even sayin z is stupid for replying to one another sayin bullshit because of an opinion

ARE ANY OF THESE (ARTIST) TIGHTER THAN YOU!
    Answer that shit
    test
  9. 6th_plague

So I cant crituqe a rapper because he's better than me... I guess that means I better go out and Buy all Jiggaz albums just because hes better than me... How do people like you get on in life...
    test
  10. BLUE SaNTA

BLUE SaNTA south pole

jay-z is today's jay z
    and pac was that days pac
    and biggie was that days biggie

people imitate and emulate but even they have their own style usually
    test
  11. Tha Real Explicit

Tha Real Explicit type ill

yeah but to some people that IS lyricism.. to me, pac was ILL with lyrics.. because he could speak real shit that i could totally feel and he got me into it.

its all opinion on what makes someone a better lyricist..
    test
  12. 6th_plague

Word, I suposed put like that he is a good lyracist in that manner of speaking... Most people myself included determine good lyracism as a creative way of expression... In my veiw Pac had the issues but rather than getting creative to really make you feel it he just left it at the mentions... It was enough back then because the issues were all that mattered... Just naming an album Black Panther made you a revalutionary... These days it takes more than that to keep up with the likes of Nas and if you like Jigga...

But I supose thats to be expected with the evolution of rap...
    test
  13. Tha Real Explicit

Tha Real Explicit type ill

^i agree.. as its evolved its changed a lot so you could never really compare now to then.

like.. rakim was sick back in the day, is now to, but said mad original shit.. and if you never heard em tho and you peep it now your just like "hes played..", cause now theres new shit, people are gettin more creative with multies and concepts and shit, i agree.
    test
  14. BoogaTheGreat

BoogaTheGreat yuuule!

^ I dont see how yall s rate emcees on multis.

some kid said rakim was dope cuz he got people to start using a multisyllabic rhyme scheme...Personally, I dont give a fuck about multis, they dont impress me in the least bit which is a big reason i didnt like Eminem very much

But I do agree with prolix on me being able to relate to something making it seem to me like they're a bnetter lyricist...just I cant relate to pac too much, I relate to Hov..and what he says...which is why I can listen to what he says and really love it...cuz its like hearin what im goin thru, and knowin im not the only one..and just..i dunno man...he the realest rapper out TO ME
    test
  15. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

ahh, but RC, that is only because everyone from the East Coast loves Spooney G because we like to blind ourselves into thinking he, not Ice-T, was the original gangsta
    test
  16. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

and by the way, LL has and always will blow.
    most overrated MC ever...period.

oh, and i would have to vote for KOOL KEITH as the underground presence of the late 80s to modern day.
    test
  17. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

Yay, the D.A.R.E program worked for one kid.
    test
  18. da_after_shock

da_after_shock New Member

nah they will never be pac and biggie...fuck that
    test
  19. BLooDSHoTT

BLooDSHoTT R.I.P. Point Game

.. blah @ Jay-z
    test
  20. Sean Circulation

Sean Circulation .:1/2GIFT?*::*1/2CURSE?:.

Jay-z And 2Pac..............................

Tag Team..
    UNSTOPABLE
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.