Jay-Z & Nas, is today's Biggie & Pac

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by FLAMES., Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLAMES.

FLAMES. dboy fresh.

All people do is compare the 2.

Most people think that, Pac & Nas, is better than Biggie & Jay-Z. Which is ridiculous.[funny]

Lyrically, most of you think that Pac & Nas would shit on Big & Jigga. Am I right? Cuz if so, obviously... you really don't listen to the words & how they spit their shit. To say that Nas's flow is better than Jigga's, is fucking bonkers. It's literally insane. Jay-Z switches more flows, than DJs. Nas, really doesn't. He always stay on the straight in narrow. The n'ggas always walking with a buddy in flow. He's too safe.

So let's have some fun. Out of the 3 combinations I'm a give you, do the top 3 tag teams. Let's see (just for fun), who'll come out on top the most. Judge by songs, lyrics & albums. No sales involved, cuz it wouldn't be fair. Becuz Pac alone out sales every rapper I'm mentioning.

1. Pac & Nas

2. Biggie & Jay-Z

3. Eminem & Rakim

My vote - Biggie & Jay-Z
    test
  2. BLUE SaNTA

BLUE SaNTA south pole

why cant jay-z be todays jay-z ... just let him be
    test
  3. FLAMES.

FLAMES. dboy fresh.

Becuz it's so much controversy, like when Biggie & Pac was fueding. Not violently, but lyrically.. of who's the best? Ya know? That's what the comparison's reminescent of.
    test
  4. Mike Serious

Mike Serious Man of STEEL!

jay-z and big
    test
  5. FLAMES.

FLAMES. dboy fresh.

I'll tally up, after 50 votes.
    test
  6. Mike Serious

Mike Serious Man of STEEL!

what's good, roc-c
    test
  7. DYNASTY

DYNASTY The Last Of The Best

test
  8. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

Nas flips his flow more than anyone, even jay, though i think Jay has a better flow.

Pac is, and never was, a lyricist.
    that was his problem.
    unlike Nas, Big, and Jay, he wasn't creative with his wording, like a true lyricist
    he also had a somewhat mediocre rhyme scheme, just used some alliteration

why are Rakim and Eminem a tag team?

out of those MCs mentioned, i'd rank them, in terms of music quality:
    Rakim
    Pac
    Nas
    Jay
    Biggie
    Eminem

however, in terms of lyricism, it'd be:
    Rakim
    Biggie
    Nas
    Jay
    Eminem
    Pac
    test
  9. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt New Member

I'm sorry ROC, you know I love you, but this is a stupid thread...

Biggie and Pac were nothing like Jay and Nas...

period.

there is no comparison...

as far as making music together, Biggie and Pac would have been the better duo...

and... in case you didn't know... Jay is all the fuck over Nas's new mixtape... very awkward to hear...but whatever...
    test
  10. FLAMES.

FLAMES. dboy fresh.

I was reffering to people constantly comparing the 2, like they did Biggie 7 Pac.
    test
  11. Richard Corey

Richard Corey battle like a savage

yeah, I'm with Talent... Eminem and Rakim don't mix. And also, you're forgetting the original Two-man King of New York competitors.

Rakim & Big Daddy Kane

or am I going to far back for you all...

Every generation there's always two. I don't know how that happens, but it does. And they always represent two totally different sides of the spectrum.

Rakim was the lyrical, spiritual scientist
    Kane was the player spittin game

pac was the poetic social soldier
    B.I.G was the hustler spittin' game

Nas was the poetic, lyrical scientist
    Jay-Z was the hustler, player spittin' game...

It's the two aspects of the culture, locked in an eternal battle. There will always be two.

(sounds so mystical and Lord of the Ringish...ooooh)
    test
  12. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt New Member

ahhhh...

that makes more sense then...
    test
  13. G. O. A. T.

G. O. A. T. Greatest Of All Time...

damn yo just stop comapring them already..their both the greatest..its all opinions from then on..and mine is nasty nas..
    test
  14. Tha Real Explicit

Tha Real Explicit type ill

why is pac always low rated lyrically?

cause he didnt come with a slew of multis? or because he didnt try to give u the most challenging line to figure out?

fuck that, lyricism goes hand in hand with delivery more then people think, if you can make tracks people feel, THATS LYRICISM.. cause this whole lyric shit came from poetry, nobody speaks it like pac or nas..

but if you feel the other shit more, ITS OPINION.. as you can see i got mine..

biggie was way more lyrical then jay tho if you ask me, 90% of jays shit is recycled from biggie.. without biggie there probably wouldnt be a jay if you ask me.. same as if big l was never around, probably wouldnt be cam either.

why did eminem get paired to rakim?
    their times are different.. just cause rakim still spits dont mean shit..

and when you said "if you think pac an nas are lyrically better then jay an biggie thats ridiculous, listen to the words and how they spit"..

i give jay and biggie they got that swagger in their flow.. even tho jay again, bit from biggie if you ask me.. but his voice is different so you can say its his own style i guess. but once u said "listen to how they spit".. i say your a dumbass. pac spit that shit with much more emotion, thats HOW u spit.. (not literally how u have to, but by terms of you saying "listen to how they spit")..
    test
  15. Tha Real Explicit

THANK YOU
    that was perfect, laid down better then ive seen.. you cant argue this.
    test
  16. Storm Bringa

Storm Bringa Mad as Hell

IMO, Rakim shits on that whole list lyrically.

By himself
    test
  17. Tha Real Explicit

^rakim was definately on some other shit, everything was original
    test
  18. The Second Comming

The Second Comming you aint poison!!!

Nas never switches his flow? Jay-Z switches more flows? Who do U think gave Jay-Z his style? Who do U think gave Jay-Z his flow? Who do U think schooled Jay-Z when he was a rookie? The answer is...Nas.

Sure, they're compared closer now'a days since Jay-Z has improved drasticly. But, back in the day Nas was schoolin Jay. So, U gotta give it up for Nas still. U can't just down the man. He still got flows for days. And to say he doesn't switch up flows is just ignorant. Nas is the flow doctor, the lyrical genius, the science of hip hop, etc.

And Jay-Z & Nas can't be compared to 2Pac & Biggie.
    Because Jay & Nas are new generation, and Pac & Big are old generation.
    U can't compared new generations to old ones and expect to have a perfect comparison. It's not possible.
    test
  19. BoogaTheGreat

BoogaTheGreat yuuule!

Jay & Biggie

wasnt into tupac too much...out of all them records he made i prolly like 5 of his songs...and like 4 nas songs...

Hov and Biggie, I can listen to whole records from them

And i gotta agree with Richard Corey on what he said...and i've always been a fan of the street hustler, player shit..never been on the poetical tip..which is why i was never a big pac fan
    test
  20. Tha Real Explicit

^exactly, i respect that response
    because your not takin it to "this guy sucks cuz i dont feel em" and you left it at what your personal taste it and i respect it. i do like the hustler player type swagger on tracks to, i LOVE biggie.. him and pac are almost equally my favorite but i always hold pac higher only because i really can relate to his shit and its been what i listen to through any hard times ive ever had.. y'kno? its more on some deep shit.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.