Jay-Z is overrated. Lil Wayne is greater than him.

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Free_Weezy, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

lmfao

put rebirth up against devil without a cause, history of rock, or cocky. it'll get slaughtered. fuck, even put it up against his self titled album or rock n roll jesus.

all of those shit on rebirth. cuz those are real rock albums.
    test
  2. knowitall

knowitall New Member

Wayne's gold rock album (500,000 units) > Jay-Z's non-existent rock album.
    test
  3. Tacky Jones

test
  4. Free_Weezy

Free_Weezy New Member

KRS-One: "I told Wayne to his face, he's the dopest emcee out. I told him to his face, cause I believe that. Wayne is NICE! Wayne is BANANAS with his lyrics, his delivery, with his whole thing! Lil Wayne is the MAN!"

Eminem: "I have always respected what Wayne does, and Wayne to me is definitely one of the greatest in the game. Wayne is fu.ckin dope"

Jay-Z: "I think Lil Wayne is extremely talented, one of the most talented rappers out there. If he keeps going, pass the torch to him"

Andre 3000: "I cannot save the rap game. People like Lil Wayne is saving it"

Kanye West: "Bow in the presence of a true living legend in hip-hop. Lil Wayne the God!"

Fat Joe: "Lil Wayne is the best rapper on Earth. Can't nobody touch him. He's the only rapper who can put out 300 songs a year, and they all fire"

Juelz Santana: "Weezy is the best rapper in the game right now"

NORE: "Lil Wayne is my favorite rapper of the new age"

The Game: "Lil Wayne is just too good. He kills everybody"

Diddy: "Lil Wayne is a genius and the greatest rapper alive"

Ludacris: "I would say that Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive"

Joe Budden: "Lil Wayne is dope, man. I love Wayne"

Rick Ross: "Top 5 rappers ever I would say are Ice Cube, Big Daddy Kane, Notorious BIG, Jay-Z, Weezy"

Tech Nine: "I just want to thank Wayne for even mentioning me. I've been following his career since he started. Just watching him evolve--he was always clever with the rhymes

Canibus: "I love Lil Weezy"

T.I.: "As far I see it, Lil Wayne is my only competition for the title of King of the South"

Fabolous: "I hate to see somebody get locked up, especially someone as talented as Lil Wayne. Wayne is, you know, a strong figure in the hip-hop marketplace, and for him to go away for 8 months, is sad for hip-hop as a whole"
    test
  5. Tacky Jones

has nothing to do with anything
    test
  6. knowitall

knowitall New Member

Tac you really believe your opinion holds more weight than that of those people, don't you.
    test
  7. Tacky Jones

to me it does. im not going to like something because everyone else does. unlike you, i can think for myself.
    test
  8. knowitall

knowitall New Member

I feel you ...

but instead of saying, "has nothing to do with anything" you should say, "has nothing to do with *how I feel*" ....

Lot of people like Wayne. Lot of credible people. They didn't give me my opinion, but they help me feel good about it.

*edit*
    test
  9. Tacky Jones

what does their co-signing have to do with Wayne's talent?

do you think any mainstream cats going to come out and diss Wayne right now? with the buzz he has, thats career suicide.
    test
  10. knowitall

knowitall New Member

How you figure. Look at the history of rap. Whoever's on top gets dissed the most by his peers. Everybody's got something bad to say, 'bout why they themselves are better for this and that reason. Subliminal tracks galore.

Wayne gets respect because he's earned it -
    test
  11. Tacky Jones

because theres a small market thats buying albums. most of the people that were buying albums back then jus download them. literally, the majority of albums bought are by teenage white girls, and most of them buy the cd for one song. if you ask the majority of the people who bought the carter 3 what their favorite song off it is, i bet most say lollipop/a milli/or got money.

with that group being the majority who are buying albums, why would you say something against their "idol". youll lose out on your sales.
    test
  12. jpizzle19

jpizzle19 I got NEXT

agree to disagree this is never ending. and yes I know this is a discussion board but knowitall and freeweezy are set in their minds as well as most of us on our opinions. This isn't a discussion anymore just constant rambling.
    test
  13. Tacky Jones

tbh, this shit kills time
    test
  14. knowitall

knowitall New Member

The problem with your theory is that today's teenage white girl generally knows how to navigate a computer better than you or I.

When have you ever known KRS ONE to be worried about sales? He wouldn't compromise the values of his content for sales, but he'll compliment Wayne for sales? ... nah man.

TaC don't like Wayne. Millions do, including respected fellow artists.

I understand how you feel, but try to acknowledge for a minute what's going on in the world outside of your own head.
    test
  15. jpizzle19

jpizzle19 I got NEXT

word .......well let the show continue
    test
  16. Tacky Jones

touche @ the KRS ONE point. gotta give credit where due

however, can you honestly say more people like wayne than hate wayne?

i want to come out and say what ive said a few times. i do not hate wayne, i hate his fans.
    test
  17. knowitall

knowitall New Member

Being hated is the price of success.
    test
  18. Anonmuz

Anonmuz Decepticons = Truth

That shits PR, they don't really think that shit.

Wayne is selling albums pretty easy even now, everybody said the same shit about 50 when he was selling.

Everyone said the same about Jay, Em, Dre et cetera when the were at the peak of their career, the only difference is they are masters of their craft.

Jay runs laps around Wayne rapping, the nigga freestyles on a regular, the same with Em and Em is/was a battle rapper.

What does Wayne have? I heard him call one of his recycled raps from a mixtape a freestyle when he was on a UK radio station and never heard him attempt to freestyle again.

His lyrics are rarely sensible unless you're on some sort of drug or really high.

Most of his similes are don't make sense but I do admit I like a good bunch of his punch lines.

He's good for what he do but don't compare him to people who are decades ahead of him just based on two bodies of work and some ghost written mixtapes.
    test
  19. Tacky Jones

being hated by your peers. not by the fans

if wayne died today do you think it'd be more traumatic than 2pac dying?

2pac was loved by his fans, but look at how many rappers were going at him when he was on top?
    test
  20. whYesProduction

whYesProduction New Member

All Hip Hop Artist

no advertising.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.