Jay-Z is overrated. Lil Wayne is greater than him.

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Free_Weezy, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knowitall

knowitall New Member

smh ... doesn't matter to me what you look like ...

I have a healthy heterosexuality.

Get TaC to email you his pics or something...leave me out of it.
    test
  2. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

is the weather nice in Canada?

:funny:
    test
  3. knowitall

knowitall New Member

right now, yeah. It'll get cold in two three months ...

Oh ... maybe you're trying to diss me? Yea you right, I shouldn't let it get this cold. But I've established a pattern. If I change it people might freak out.
    test
  4. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

Age difference doesn't mean much when they've both been in the game for so long. You're acting like Wayne just got put on. Whether dude was 13 or 36 when he first started he's had a LONG career. Relevancy to me is a joke. Especially when the argument is who's the better artist/who has the better career. Careers are defined by what has taken place over the WHOLE COURSE of the damn thing, not what's happened "in the last few years." You could argue that if Wayne was new, but he's NOT. Which is why I speak on people being short sighted as fuck. You speak on Wayne being young but he's in his prime. He had better be poppin. Jay-Z is damn near 40 and still releasing platinum albums. I sincerely doubt Lil Wayne will be able to duplicate that.

You want to talk relevancy? Wayne's been in jail for the past few months. Not much music coming from him. People haven't been checking for him as much as they used to. Nikki Minaj on the other hand has been tearing up the radio. Is she suddenly better than Wayne now? If Lil Wayne stops rapping today and Nikki Minaj has a good enough marketing team to sell platinum albums over the next few years while her style stays the same as it is now...is she suddenly better than Lil Wayne? Damn the fact that Wayne had people poppin on that "bling bling" shit when he was young. Damn the fact that he reinvented himself and nearly single-handedly put Cash Money back on the map. Damn the fact that he introduced people like Drake and Nikki Minaj herself to the mainstream. Damn the fact that half the industry is now using his style. Since people are playing Minaj in the whip and not Wayne she's suddenly better than him? So screw all the previous influence and previous success...what's going on NOW defines the greatness of one's career. That.Is.Retarded.Son. Furthermore, Lil Wayne was relevant when he first came out. Then people stopped giving a fuck about him for YEARS until about 5 or 6 years ago. Jay-Z has been relevant since Reasonable Doubt, and has had a driving influence on the whole industry since. There would be no Lil Wayne if there wasn't a Jay-Z. Even Lil Wayne himself has said so.

I also find it funny how the more artists worry about relevancy the worse their music becomes and the less money they make. It's all good though since their faces are all over the media right? Why do you keep ducking the marketing argument btw?
    test
  5. Negligence

Negligence Infornographer

lmao he ducking it because he don't know wtf his young ass is talking about...
    test
  6. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

test
  7. knowitall

knowitall New Member

Read the title of the thread ...

"LiL Wayne *IS* greater than him"

Not LiL Wayne, WAS...not LiL Wayne WILL BE ....LIL WAYNE IS ...

It's about who's holding the crown RIGHT NOW ...

Doesn't matter if you were the King 12 years ago. If the King, the man in power RIGHT NOW, says, "Kill him" - then you've gotta go...don't matter that you used to be king.

LiL Wayne is King Right Now. He *IS* greater than Jay-z. The numbers say so.

If booking LiL Wayne for a show will make more dollars than booking Jay-Z, the promoters will go after Wayne.

If having Wayne wear your shoe will sell more shoes than Jay-Z, then they will ask Wayne to wear their shoes for the photo shoot.

If stocking Wayne's album will result in more sales for the store, then they'll stock more Wayne albums.

If playing LiL Wayne's songs will result in higher audience ratings, then radio and TV will play LiL Wayne.

He is King right now.

Bow your head

-------------------------------------------------------

your arguments of "...but Jay-Z's flow, b-but Jay-Z's content, and-and-and Jay-Z's swagger inspires me to feel cool" ....

All those other arguments are petty and ridiculous to me.
    test
  8. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

test
  9. knowitall

knowitall New Member

Because really and truly, I don't give a fuck about how a rapper makes you feel. *that doesn't determine whether a rapper is on top of the game or not.

*edit
    test
  10. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

Lol @ read the title of the thread. Is is a term that shows something currently happening correct? Jay-Z and Lil Wayne are both still alive correct? Meaning their careers are still going on correct? Meaning when everyone in this thread outside of you and Free Weezy thinks of Jay and Wayne's careers which are currently still taking place we all feel that Jay-Z is better than Lil Wayne. Also, if you actually took the time to see what people in this thread were talking about (thread started included) people were talking about whole careers. Your arguments of current relevance mean jack shit because people are discussing CAREERS. Jay-Z >.

But you know what, let's play your game:

Nikki Minaj is more poppin on the radio than Lil Wayne right now. Nikki Minaj >

Jay-Z still pulls more for shows than Lil Wayne. Jigga man >

The king of the radio per se right now is actually Drake. Not Lil Wayne. Drake >

You still duck the marketing argument. Marketing >

Actually you know what going by your definition. Damn the last 6 years because the past doesn't mean shit. We gotta stop living in the past nah'mean. Let's look at the last year alone. That would place Rebirth against Blueprint 3. Guess which album has sold more?

[​IMG]

all hail !
    test
  11. knowitall

knowitall New Member

Nah ... Rebirth was a ROCK ALBUM ... it was promoted as a rock album ...so you gotta put Wayne up against Kid Rock or Coldplay or some shit ...

Put The Carter 3 against Blueprint 3....Their last two rap albums ...

Wayne's numbers >

Wayne has two albums that went AT LEAST double platinum in the last five years while Jay-z has ..... NONE.

"Yall niggaz gonna learn to respect the king" - JayZ

And right now the public is waiting in baited breath for The Carter IV, which will go platinum it's first week ...
    test
  12. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

Carter III doesn't matter son. That dropped in 08. Well over two years ago. We're talking "RIGHT NOW." Jay-Z's killin it with Blueprint 3. Hov >

Funny you reference a Jay-Z line where he was clearly talking about himself.
    test
  13. knowitall

knowitall New Member

Yes, JayZ was talking about himself, because he was king when he said it.

What he meant though was that you should always respect the king - meaning, even if it's not Jigga. Cuz the King has the power of life and death, of whether or not you eat.

And right now it's Wayne.

The Carter III dropped two years ago while BP3 dropped a year ago .... Yet BP3 won't catch Wayne's joint in sales.....Yet Wayne, being locked up, is still on everybody's mind.

The public can't wait to throw their money at Weezy when he comes out.

You should love Wayne. He's gonna help this sluggish economy and that benefits all of us, even you.
    test
  14. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

joro, you're an idiot
    test
  15. Free_Weezy

Free_Weezy New Member

Earlier this month, Lil Wayne granted his first in-jail interview to Hot 97's DJ Funkmaster Flex in New York City. Wayne, who is roughly two months away from being released from Rikers Island prison spoke to the DJ live on air answering a variety of questions including what artists he would like to record with once he’s released.

To much surprise, Kansas City emcee Tech N9ne was at the top of that list alongside André 3000. Tech, who has released 10 albums and sold over a million copies independently was just as shocked as the rest of the world when he heard the news.

“I’m still surprised by what Wayne said—we’ve never meet him, so for him to acknowledge me was a shock," Tech N9ne told VIBE. "You think people of a certain stature don’t know about you. I just wonder what songs he listens to.”

Currently, N9ne is gearing up to head out on a nationwide tour with West Coast acts E-40, Jay Rock, Glasses Malone and his own Strange Music camp. However, he says that the wheels have already been put in motion to get the unlikely collaboration rolling.

“His people have been contacting us already, so I’m anxious to see what he sends me. I’m hearing his camp is all ready to send over some music,” Tech added. “And I’ll be in New York soon so hopefully I can visit him before he gets out.”

Remaining optimistic and humbled about the once in lifetime shout-out, the underground legend has high hopes for the potential outcome from working with such a high profile artist, “I just want to thank Wayne for even mentioning me. I’ve been following his career since he started. Just watching him evolve—he was always clever with the rhymes. My own quest was always to get my music out to everybody in world and working with Wayne is truly a way to get it out there.”

Tech N9ne Thankful For Lil Wayne Shoutout, Says Collabo Already In The Works | VIBE
    test
  16. knowitall

knowitall New Member

nobless oblige ... good for you Wayne ....
    test
  17. TallyDon

TallyDon New Member

Jay-Z songs are far better, dunnot like Lil' Whines style
    test
  18. knowitall

knowitall New Member

I ain't mad at'cha ... as long as you like something good.
    test
  19. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

the fuck does this have to do with anything? obviously wayne follows tech. wayne's jus a fuckin idiot for saying tech was from the west
    test
  20. Anonmuz

Anonmuz Decepticons = Truth

Fuck album numbers, Jay is the first Hip Hop act to sign and tour with LIVE NATION, the nigga is touring with ALL the biggest rock acts and your talking about waynes wack ass rock album.

Jay ain't even have to come with a rock album cause them Jews know how much money he'll pull.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.