Jay-Z Countersues R. Kelly

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Hpnotiq, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hpnotiq

Hpnotiq KISS MY ASS BITCHES

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1496522/20050202/jay_z.jhtml?headlines=true

Jay-Z first gave it to R. Kelly on wax, and now he's giving it to him in court.

After dissing Kelly for his lawsuit against him on the "Drop It Like It's Hot" remix, the rapper has now filed a countersuit against the R&B singer in Manhattan Supreme Court.

Kelly filed his $75 million action in November against Jay-Z, his business associates and the tour's promoter when he got kicked off the Best of Both Worlds tour (see "R. Kelly Sues Jay-Z For $75 Million, Claims Sabotage"). The duo's last show together saw Kelly walking off the stage at New York's Madison Square Garden after telling the audience he thought he saw someone waving a gun at him; he was later pepper-sprayed backstage by one of Jay-Z's associates (see "Jay-Z, R. Kelly Part Ways As Best Of Both Worlds Tour Collapses"). But Jay-Z argues in his suit, filed January 24, that he was forced to kick Kelly off the trek, which he calls a "nightmarish odyssey fueled by R. Kelly's financial woes, insecurities, and unsafe and unpredictable behavior," which included showing up late and unprepared and leaving early in tears.

Jay had previously said in a statement at the time of the tour's cancellation that Kelly had scrapped three performances with less than 24 hours' notice and delayed multiple shows by hours: "In Chicago and Baltimore, R. Kelly was not 'ready.' In Cincinnati, Milwaukee and Hartford, R. Kelly was not 'willing.' In St. Louis and New York, R. Kelly was not 'able.' "

Jay-Z, who depicted Kelly's suit as a "waste of time" in the "Drop It Like It's Hot" remix (see "Jay-Z Dissing R. Kelly On 'Drop It Like It's Hot' Remix?"), now calls Kelly's lawsuit a "calculated stunt" designed "to deflect attention from his upcoming felony trial involving an alleged sexual liaison with a 14-year-old child."

In response, Kelly's lawyer Ed Hayes said that he doesn't take Jay's suit "too seriously," saying his client is "a creative genius, and of course, no one expects geniuses to act like everybody else."

— Jennifer Vineyard
    test
  2. Parental_Advisory

Parental_Advisory Click Click Pow

Go Jigga!

Get the pissing on 13 year old pepdophile, aint had a hot record since "I Wish" punk ass bitch!
    test
  3. NinoBrowN15

NinoBrowN15 the 100 million man

lol have u heard chocolate factory? anyways yeah jigga get at him fuck KELs
    test
  4. FINK

FINK This Is Me

JAY PULLED HIS CARDDD!!!
    test
  5. Blankk Page

Blankk Page New Member

More Like Ignition and Step In The Name Of Love.
    test
  6. RioTheGreat

RioTheGreat New Member

test
  7. SK2HOLLA

SK2HOLLA New Member

jay-z > r.kelly
    test
  8. SK2HOLLA

SK2HOLLA New Member

p.s

every album jay-z has made > any album kells has made
    test
  9. Track Wrecka

Track Wrecka Productions

have u heard any r kelly cd's?
    test
  10. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

yeah...niggas is wildin' now.

i have never listened to a complete r. kelly album, but i can tell you every single last one of his singles are dope as hell. jay-z seems like he has a legitimate lawsuit going on here, though. it must be crazy suing somebody that was once of your good friends and people in the studio you chilled with and recorded with. i just wish both lawsuits got nullified and they squashed this, but when money is involved, anything can happen.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.