Jay-Z= 50 cent in 5 years

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Key

Mr. Key Heron and sex in one....

Nigga Please

Nigga please, you seldom seen with chicks in 7 jeans
    Manolo Blahnik I'm going through they body like an ultrasonic
    You ain't got 'em blowing no chronic
    Divine intervention, you can't prevent me from shining
    Nigga please, I been around the world
    Damn near beat Jordan in around-the-world
    Nigga please, you can't even hold my shoes
    I got wannabes who wannabe me that sound (nigga) better than you

HOVI BABY:

Follow the flow, look
    They say a midget standin on the giant's shoulder can see much
    further than the giant.. (the giant..)
    So I got the WHOLE rap world on my shoulder they tryin to see
    further than I am.. (than I am..)
    And I have been tryin to be patient with they preoccupation
    with David and Goliath.. (Goliath..)
    But sooner or later, that patience gonna run it's course
    and I'm forced to be a tyrant.. (be a tyrant..)
    But bein tyrant, comin through your environment
    Iron mask, nigga iron gats, nigga I am back
    With "The Team," no I in that
    R.O.C., y'all not eyein that
    Y'all don't see, clearly cause the reign ain't gone
    "The Dynasty," no not Ming but Shawn's
    Dame careems, nigga it's the gangsta team
    Stop your run, one of the reasons that they call us gangrene
    The other reason, we got a gang of green
    If there's better at gettin cheddar that remains to be seen, nigga

Yup! Hovi's home, the global phone
    The world is back in order the number one rap recorder is back
    You cats overfelt yourself
    You couldn't help yourself, now witness the reel for reel
    In my absence cats get, absent-minded
    Now it's time to rewind and remind 'em
    why I'm in the position that I am
    changin the game, my game could nail Madonna
    Well after I'm gone, they'll honor
    history in the makin, Pistol Pete
    leave competition shakin without missin the beat
    Chasin the hi-hat all over the track
    The snare is scared of the air in here, BOOM!
    And plus I get paper dog, don't let me forget
    The watch face so blue like it's holdin it's breath
    Can't see me skill for skill or check for check
    It's the bow tie flow dog, I bring it to your neck
    Live and correct I will bring it to your set
    I got now, I don't care who got next
    Rapper slash exec, Kordell Stewart
    Your flow all y'all usin is mine, you're all useless
    You ain't a factor, who are you foolin?
    You all are faggots, you takin it backwards (takin it backwards)
    I'm tryin to progress with this rap shit
    Nigga, nigga your whole career is a accident
    Who was gassin 'em? (Fuck outta here!)

Need I continue? This nigga doesnt drop hot lines, he drops hot VERSES. I can easily get more proof of his lyrical abilities, but this should be suffice, if not, then you dont know what lyricism is.
    test
  2. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

This guy knows all the sick songs.
    test
  3. Detroit

Detroit The d is silent

Key let the ignorant b ignorant he's gonna posts some more wack shit and those game quotes were terible he has better lines then them lol and he's in no way form or fashion fucking with Jay

Luda not good Bone is wack Twista has lyrics but u gotta listen hard but 4 the mosts part a average rapper

Dream stfu u did all this 4 attention u a homo

Anyways Keys Common still dont appeal to me I hold alot of ppl in a higher regard then him 4 1 he's more poetic then lyrical every metaphor he uses always has a like b4 it and it's trash and over used who cant say im trapped like r.kell?It's like babble babble weak line babble babble hip hip this hip hop that he may b intellegent true enough but jus cause u smart that make u a good rapper?Chino XL's IQ is im quite sure wayyyyyyyyyy better than commons and he is wack as fuck he's book smart but he cant decide if he can ride a beat or not rushing booty punchlines out........thas about a good nough person to show u that being smart dont mean shit rap have alot of components Common is missing alot of them your quoting him like i never listened to him he's not good simple and plain he's better than Kayne Wests tho i'll say that shit but far as another "backpacker" like Mos or talib naw there better by lightyears he's not the only rapper some ppl hold in too high of a regard thas not good it's alot of em
    test
  4. Mr. Key

Welp, im not gonna knock you for your opinion, everybody likes what they like so I can respect it. I still feel Common is dope though.

I could do that for any artist I like. Jay is top 5 ever, and one of my personal favorites, so if someone's gonna come out and compare him to the likes of 50 I have to inform him of what Jay's done with facts. nah mean.
    test
  5. Detroit

Detroit The d is silent

tru enough at leasts i have a reason instead of something stupid plus i wouldnt dare say common is under 50 or none a these other niggas shit he's better then Game Bone Twista all a them........the thread starter is a cornball.........50 is terrible i mean he is at times unlistenable seriously he'd have to drop 3 stillmatics and a blueprint(either) to b in my top 20......he a need a ghostwriter 4 that though 50 cent not on memphis bleek level i think this thread should b closed

O And little Brother is 1 of the bests rap groups ever and Im not afraid to say it cause I listen to everything and production lyrics and everything is tight dont think so......O Well truth will come to light
    test
  6. YuNG WaLT

YuNG WaLT GhettoChild Ambassador

and to just think about jay never "writing" any of them verses mr.keys posted...

absolutly frieghtening!!!
    test
  7. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

To say that Jay-Z and 50 Cent are lyrical equals is tom foolery. They both make good songs though. But they are good in different ways.

Money wise though and just moving as a business man... Jay-Z is far from 50. Everything Jay-Z puts out except Jay-Z hasn't sold well. Everything from 50 sells well. On the music shit... you can't even deny that 50 is better from a behind the boards perspective. Jay-Z executive producing your album means shit. He's EP'd all of Bleek's albums... Amil's album, etc. As the head of Def Jam, every act that he signed flopped. The only cats doing shit on Def Jam were signed and working on albums before Jay-Z got the job.

I mean, you can't deny any of that. Thats not opinion... pure fact. Jay signed Rihanna... flop. Jay signed Teara Mari... got alot of radio spins but nobody purchased her album... flop... Jay put out the Young Gunz... flop. Jay-Z has never been good as a label head. The only shit he's ever been behind the boards on that did well has been his own personal albums.

Roc-a-wear was a success. I'll give him that... but even then you never really saw him fucking with it too tough. Now that they split you see Dame always on some fly shit and having his own clothing line and designing shit. Its not too hard to believe that he was the person who really made Roc-a-fella what it is cuz you can see him doing the shit all over again as soon as he lost it.

The only real successful and critically acclaimed movie from Roc-Films was paid in full, and that was Dame's project.

Jay-Z is my favorite rapper. But the dude is a business, man... not a business man.
    test
  8. PrOFouL

PrOFouL New Member

I wouldn't go that far. I mean how much successful is Dame now? Did he actually do good, or are you just assuming? I can't think off the top of my head what has been successful. Paid In Full? Are you sure about that.

50 Cent, well much can't be said about his business moves.
    test
  9. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Listen..

50 couldn't even make Bleek sale.
    Fuck... Yayo and Olivia didn't even sell alot so everything 50 puts out doesn't seel well sickvisionz.

Kanye, Jay-z only marketable artist, sold more than anybody in the g-unit camp BESDIES 50 himself and that is without beef.

Point is.. Olivia nor Tierra maria sold shit.
    Beans, Bleek, and young Gunz were old news each putting out a debut album that didn't sell well before Jay took over.

50 had the advantage of having "fresh" artist, like Lyold banks and Young Buck. 50 was still buzzing BIG time and people were starting to get to know about "G-Unit" so 50 capitalized off that.

50 has to share his money, Jay-Z doesn't.
    Jay owns Rocafella, 50 doesn't own G-Unit... that shit is under shady/aftermath.
    test
  10. Mr. Key

Exactly, he owns all of Rocafella, all of Rocawear, the s.dot sneaker which sold the most sneakers for reebok. He owns a part of the New Jersey Nets who happen to be doing the damn thing this year, and have been in the playoffs the last 2 years. Niggas the president of Island Def Jam, everbody signed to that label he gets paid off. Yes, Bleek, and the Young Gunz dont sell, but those are his boys so it doesnt matter what they sell, he'll keep putting albums out by them so they can get their money. Kanye, regardless of the fact that Dame signed him, is on Rocafella, which was his choice. And he sells and will continue to, Jay makes money off of him, and his label with Common who went Gold, and John Legend who went platinum. And he's talking about buyin a soccer team in Manchester. This niggas has more business savvy than Jay. 50 did every thing Jay did before, but he's getting less money because he has to share the shit with Shady/Aftermath and Interscope. Everyone gets their cut before 50 does.
    test
  11. X sample

X sample New Member

wrong.

50 is an EMPLOYEE...jay is the richest man in rap...is that hard to understand?? lol...he passed puffy last year...
    test
  12. Detroit

Detroit The d is silent

^^^^Ppl dont seem to understand that and also the ppl Jay signed i guarantee will sell more than everybody signed to g-unit besides 50

Nas is goin 2 times plat nexts album

Sam Scarfo could sell more than yayo in his sleep and he's unknown

Tru Life Is marketable and all he has to do is mention the Mobb Deep thing and go plat he sux tho

Kayne will sell more

Jay's the prez of 2 diff compnies with alot more actual talent on the rosters

Joe bUdden will sell more then the g-unit members and yes he's now jay-z's artists he was signed to the Roc came back needs to leave but regardless of that he'll at leasts go gold Yayo nor Olivia can do that every act 50 is puttin out is losin him money except 4 the game and that wasnt neccasarily his act it took Banks And Buck around 9 months to go plat go check the riaa dont listen to 50 nigga b liein he pumped up The games sales jus go look at the riaa u a see he gave all them nigga million dollar plus budgets 2 by the way specially yayo
    test
  13. ThugLife_06

ThugLife_06 New Member

snowborn what the fuk u all about ..1 min u sayin 50 is real gd n gunit this gunit that...now u sayin 50 songs arent gd ..u a bitch man
    test
  14. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

snowborn u made ur friend sad :(
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.