Jay-Z= 50 cent in 5 years

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YuNG WaLT

YuNG WaLT GhettoChild Ambassador

yo...

just a quick question to all yall 50 haters...

have any of yall ever listened to his songs that you will never hear on the radio/club...like "MANY MEN"..."IN MY HOOD"..."IM SUPPOSE TO DIE TONIGHT"..."PIGGYBANK"..."SKI MASK WAY".."RYDA MUSIC".."GUNS COME OUT"..."POSISTION OF POWER"...AND "I DONT NEED'EM"...

cuz yo...i hate 50's fake ass superthug persona too...but aint shit wack about any of those songs...real shit.
    test
  2. Mr. Key

Mr. Key Heron and sex in one....

Actually, Jay owns ALL of Rocafella now, and ALL of Rocawear. The nigga has been making money longer, and makes more money than 50 cent. So dont ever in your life say 50 shits on Jay business wise. 50 has basically mimicked everything Jay has done. Jay was the first rapper to have his own sneaker, now everyone else is doing it. Him and Puffy were the first to start clothing lines, now everybodies doing it. So to even say that is ridiculous. (That wasnt directed at the thread starter.)

To the threadstarter, id like to know what kinda of music you listen to. If your one of those Immortal Technique, MF Doom, or Aseop Rock listeners then realize they even have respect for Jay. Jay is an intelligent rapper, you wouldnt know that cause as you said, you dont listen to his music. If you can honestly listen to the whole black album and not feel what he's say, or the Blueprint, or Reasonable Doubt, then your opinion lame. As Jay said, "Do you fools listen to music, or do you just skim through it." and "If you cant respect that your whole perspective is wack." How can you say Busta and Twista have better flows? THEY USE THE SAME ONE IN EVERY SONG, Jay switches his up, different rhyme scemes that you really gotta listen to sometimes to catch. The nigga is ill, say otherwise your a fool. And dont retort saying im a dickryder, im a fan of good music, that doesnt make me a dick ryder. Whatever you listen to your a fan of correct? If someone called ou a dickryder you'd find it annoying wouldnt you. Anyhow, Jay and 50 lyrically are nothing alike so let that go, jay has effected the game more than 50 ever will.
    test
  3. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Okay.. let me clear something up. Being a dickrider means that a rapper can make bad songs and people still call the bad songs good, not because they are good songs, but because they came from that particular artist. Jay-z can spit an aweful freestyle that he didn't even take time to think about and people can call it great music. Also, just because Jay has different styles doesn't mean he is good at all of them. I NEVER said I don't listen to Jay-z. I said that I don't listen to A LOT of Jay-z, because he seems pretty average to me, like 50 cent. Twista and Busta DO NOT have the same flow for every song. I appreciate the fact that the flow they use the most is the flow that they are best at.

and to answer your question about what kind of music I listen to...

a lot of Eminem
    a lot of Nas
    a lot of bone thugs (old school bone)
    Ludacris
    kanye
    THe Game
    Dre
    Twista
    test
  4. Detroit

Detroit The d is silent

smh@this dumb topic
    test
  5. PrOFouL

PrOFouL New Member

Wtf@50 is a better business man. I think ya'll need to draw the chart up.

Jay came in this game, nationally, already owning Roc-A-Fella and Roc-A-Wear before his second album. He partially grew Roc-A-Fella and Roc-A-Wear to what they are now. For what? 11 years?

50 came in through hype, notice he brought G-Unit right after GRODT did diesel numbers. He's succeeding off his hype, I doubt he would do well business-wise if he started G-Unit before GRODT.

Does it contradict itself, nah, because Jay grew it up, by his business tactics for years.

50 is living off his hype, we will see the the differences later on. I already see one flaw, signing too many damn artists. That's like buying too many products and you don't even know if it's going to do big numbers yet. You could be wasting money or worst.
    test
  6. Mr. Key

Mr. Key Heron and sex in one....

I like Eminem, well his earlier stuff when he seemed to care more about his music and what he was putting out, he made alot of dope music, but he's also made alot of wack stuff and has fallen off recently, you cant say he hasnt, I think Em and Jay are both up there when at their best, Nas is dope, old Bone was dope, I like everyone on your list, but if you think all of them are better than Jay you really dont know what real lyricism is. If you didnt know, Jay has written for Dre, so I guess if you like Dre, you subconsciously like Jay, lol Kanye is nice, but Jay has outshined him on tracks he was on for both his albums. Twista raps about the same shit. How can you say he has content and spits intelligent rap? Luda is nice, but not better than Jay when it comes to lyrical content. Game just started rapping, you might be calling him garbage after the next album, and even he has respect for Jay. How can you hate on Jay and name a bunch of artist who's he's better than an 2 he's on the same level with as your favorite's? Maybe Im not understanding something?
    test
  7. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I mostly listen to Eminem, Ludacris and kanye for the humor they put into their lyrics. When I say I listen to dre, I mainly listen to him because of his beats. He's not really lyrically impressive either. Nas is just a fuckin genious and from what I've heard blows jay out of the water. HOw exactly did Jay outshine kanye on Never Let You down, or on Diamonds remix? Please don't tell me you were impressed with that stupid "I'm not a businessman I'm a business.....man" line like a lot of my friends. List some good Jay-z quotes, cause I do agree that he is ahead of 50 cent lyrically, but not by much.
    test
  8. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

they made a jay-z's greatest line thread here before.

why don't u give a good listen to reasonable doubt, vol. 1,streets is talkin soundtrk, vol.2, vol.3, and dynasty....then give all of 50's ablums a listen. if u can't tell the BIG difference in lyrical content, flow, and delivery....stop listening tp hip hop....period.

one
    test
  9. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Barely read any of thread, but Jay-Zs current lyrics are more complex than 50 Cent EVER was.
    test
  10. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

As for people who credit 50 for being so successfull so quickly, they seem to forget his 6 or 7 yrs as a bottom feeder with nothing more than 1 hit being How To Rob. No one gave a fuck about him til the great white hype signed him.

In short, Jay-Z made Jay-Z.

Eminem made 50 Cent.
    test
  11. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Piggybank, Position of power, Ski mask way, guns come out all suck, the latter 3 sound exactly the same. I dont need em and ryder music is more generic garbage.
    test
  12. Trizey

Trizey New Member

im sick of hearin this myth that 50 was on some next level shit before GRODT.. he was shit then, shit in 2003 and shit now..

"how to rob" is the most overrated garbage of all time..

disgust @ comparing reasonable doubt jay to anything 50 has done.

jay's ad libs > 50's life
    test
  13. Detroit

Detroit The d is silent

50 cent was never even better than mephis bleek so y even bring up Jay-z's name 50 couldnt hang with bleek.........and yea oz ppl 4get 50 didnt get fame overnight he had 2 major deals b4 shady so chill with all this good business man he can he say he made game but in actuality em and dre made him and dre made game they both gave them these over gangster images 50 formula never has changed he justs dumbed down his lyrics a notch so i dont see what da big deal he still the same weak 50 that was rappin on power of a Dollar 2 me he was ok at bests but honestly 50 never has impressed my lyrically he had nice SONGS thas it Jay-z has been nice 4 years and still is dude hatin on Jay is a faggot Jay is the bests rapper alive period no need to explain it if u dont kno how he's better then 50 cent it's a billion rappers then 50 only 1 Jay and not too many niggas better then him 50 wont evben b around in the rap game 6 years from if u think that your dumb he's being replaced as we speak been exposed 2 much and plus all that hype is dieing 4 1 thing tho g-unit as in mosts of the group wont even break a mill............none of em not the underlings banks and buck struggled to go plat the fuck make 50 think mobb deep and mop an established group who never do good numbers gonna generate money?not to mention they all suck banks was nice he got wack now musta hadda ghostswriter or sumin hes gettin terrible mark my words 50 a never b Jay..............PERIOD lol in no way form or fashion
    test
  14. YuNG WaLT

YuNG WaLT GhettoChild Ambassador

ok chump...if they all suck...50 is garbage...

why have you even heard all those songs...

nelly...sux...thats why i cant even name more then 2 or 3 songs from that nigga..or anybody else that i know sux...

so how is it...you cats that always be so quick to yell out 50 sux..can always name and critiq all his songs?...
    test
  15. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Why the fuck am I the only one backing my opinions up with proof, while everyone else is screamin' Jay is the best... period. WHich is a bullshit statement. (From the fucken 70s to 2006 Jay has the best shit out? No fuckin way. His content and style is basically the same as 50's. Which I have given proof of earlier. Everyone's talkin about his lyricall ability (which I STILL think is OVERRATED, the smartest thing I've heard him say is "All rhymers forget it like alzheimer's.")
    and his business skills (which have nothing to do whith the music he makes. I don't give a fuck about what sports team the nigga owned part of.) Back you're fuckin statements up with opinions, cause from what I've seen Only cats about 21 and under say that Jay is the best rapper alive/of all time. Yall need to quote the actual Jay lines that you're impressed with because I haven't heard anything that puts him lightyears ahead of rappers, other than his excellent beats.
    test
  16. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

IS THAT YO BITCH!!!?
    test
  17. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Umm...man you just proved that you don't know jack shit. Dre don't write his own lyrics son....
    test
  18. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

Man Jay Got So Many Damn Ill Lines, Im So Glad I Am Me.lol
    test
  19. E. Fate

E. Fate Guest

WooooooooooooooooooooooWWWWWWWWW @ Jay-Z's flow is terrible but 50's is good.

I'm just flattened by that statement.
    test
  20. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Wow. Not only did you pick a song that isn't better than Break Yo Neck remix flow wise, but you pick a song where twista murders jay flow wise. One of my favorite Jay verses, but twista just rips it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.