Japanese support for 360 rises....

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Embassy Sweetz, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

GAMESPOT ARTICLE OUTLINING JAPANESE SUPPORT FOR XBOX360...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6132218.html

POLL SHOWS RISING INTEREST OF 360 in JAPAN DUE TO JAP DEVELOPERS SUPPORT

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000760059973/

GAMESPOT ARTICLE WITH PRES. OF SONY DECLARING " Ps3 WONT BE CHEAP"

Quote:
    "I'm aware that with all these technologies, the PS3 can't be offered at a price that's targeted towards households. I think everyone can still buy it if they wanted to," said Kutaragi to a mostly Japanese crowd. "But we're aiming for consumers throughout the world. So we're going to have to do our best [in containing the price]."

Then Kutaragi issued a somewhat ominous warning. "I'm not going to reveal its price today. I'm going to only say that it'll be expensive," he stated.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6129611.html

ARTICLE OF PRES. OF SONY STATING PS3 WILL NOT COME WITH HARDDRIVE

Quote:
    But while Linux would require a hard drive to run on, Kutaragi told Impress PC Watch, "We're not going to equip [the PS3 with] a HDD by default, because no matter how much [capacity] we put in it, it won't be enough."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/0...ws_6127219.html

INTERVIEW WITH ITAGAKI FOUNDER OR TEAM NINJA ( ninja gaiden , DOA etc)
    Quote:
    GI: You’ve said before you want to develop for the most powerful console out there. You must be pretty confident in the Xbox 360.

Itagaki: Yes. I hope so. I think Xbox 360 is the best game console on the earth. It’s better than PlayStation 3.

GI: Can I ask you why?

Itagaki: PS3 has too complicated of architecture.

GI: We asked you this last time we were here, but how do you think Xbox 360 is going to do in Japan? Do you think that the opinion of the Japanese people has changed since we last talked? Has it become more positive? Do you think the Tokyo Game Show will help at all?

Itagaki: I think that it’s going to do better than the last one. But that’s something that everyone knows. They can’t make a bigger mistake than last time. Nothings changed as far as the opinion of the people. I don’t think that’s a bad thing. Even if you have some sort of pre-launch opinion. What matters is when the system comes out, what will people think?

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/St....1500.24632.htm

since someone closed the other thread...so M$ will be more prepared...im not sayin they will win since Sony and N are so established...but they def. wont make the same mistake twice....
    test
  2. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

please provide some positive/supportive info on the PS3 as well or I will close this thread and make on thread for all Next-Gen discussion....i dont want the fan boy stuff going on in here....it takes away from actual intelligent conversations......
    test
  3. Embassy Sweetz

so when i post legitiamte FACTUAL info on a console i have to provied the same shit for other companies..lol..should i post up shit about the REv. too...???...im bringin proof to my claims..another poster wanted info so i posted it and since u closed the other thread i made a new thread about it...i didnt say" go MS fuck sony" ...so u can quit that fanboy bs....

and u might as well just make a next gen sticky since that is the ONLY intersting conversation/debates goin on in the " gamezone"
    test
  4. Alexanderdahate

Alexanderdahate New Member

i came with legimate factual information from a person who works in the computer business but you disregarded it
    test
  5. Embassy Sweetz

please u came with an AIM convo from one of ya boys lol...that hardly seems " legit" in my eyes...
    test
  6. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

your boys opinions were void a lot of facts....specifically the memory situation...he forgot to mention the 360 has 10mb of edram dedicated to the gpu with a higher bandwidth additional to the 512 of system memory ....that 10mb changes the story a lot...he was wrong about the rsx and xenon graphic chips.....the rsx is actually built on existing nvidia technology....the xenon by ati is actually built for future extensions of direct X that they will implement in the future, there is no software instructions yet....but they still have the hardware prepped from whats to come.......the cell has to be in charge of vertex and pixel instructions independantly from the rsx causing the cell to work harder and be less efficient where as the xenon removes that load off the cpu....lets also not get into the faster and larger cache sitting outside the cpu of the 360 (1mb vs 512k)..he was poking fun at my mention of the risc processor...theres a big difference between the powerpc architecture and that of the ps2....i wasnt poking FUN at the ps2 processor...i was mearly pointing out how difficult it was to code on for it....the powerpc is no where on the same level of difficulty as the risc cpu used on the ps2....and i also stated how the original ps2 cpu IS more powerful then the xbox cpu..because i was making a point...the cell is more powerful then the 360 cpu as a supercomputer...but not as a videogame machine...the cell just like the ps2 "emotion engine" is designed to crunch numbers....power that will not be utilized in game creation.....the cell processor was designed specifically to power electronic devices and appliances in parallel...NOT GAMES...you really think the same design thats gonna power your usb toaster and firewire coffee machien is going to be equally as good as the dedicated system designed by microsoft? simply put...the cell is a jack of all trades...it does everything..but doesnt do anything specifically better then any dedicated system...MS was intelligent in creating a design streamlined specifically for its purpose....sony was not.. ...ill just assume your boy must have been stating his opinions on old sources of information...

as far as the dvd vs blu-ray option...the 360 is upgradable to hd-dvd......so there goes that arguement....also take into account that the use of blue-ray will cause the price of the ps3 to jump upwards since it will be new and unapproached technology...it isnt like when dvd came out and the ps2 was released years later.....i prefer getting the faster more reliable drive when the technology really kicks in....then being an early adopter to something that is completely new and potentially INFERIOR due to bugs and a lack of product saturation....

heres an article from MAY which clears it up on design structure of the gpu's
    http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=2423

lets highlight some points of interest

2) Information on NVIDIA's RSX will be even lighter because it is the more PC-like of the two solutions and as such, a lot of its technology overlaps with the upcoming G70 GPU, an item we currently can't talk about in great detail.

The Xbox 360 GPU, manufactured by ATI, is the least PC-like of the two GPUs for a number of reasons, the most obvious being its 10MB of embedded DRAM. Microsoft announced that the 10MB of embedded DRAM has 256GB/s of bandwidth availble to it; keep this figure in mind, as its meaning isn't as clear cut as it may sound.

ATI did clarify that although Microsoft isn't targetting 1080p (1920 x 1080) as a resolution for games, their GPU would be able to handle the resolution with 4X AA enabled at no performance penalty.

ATI did clarify that although Microsoft isn't targetting 1080p (1920 x 1080) as a resolution for games, their GPU would be able to handle the resolution with 4X AA enabled at no performance penalty.

like i said before......the 360 gpu is the unique design here...your boy was flat out wrong :)
    test
  7. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

im actually all for the 360...i dont even care about the PS3....just want both to be equally represented....as long as the fanboy stuff doesnt come into play and its a valid discussion i really dont care....i just figured sony boys would be coming in here talking shit....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.