Jackson: I'm the Victim of a Conspiracy

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by Hpnotiq, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hpnotiq

Hpnotiq KISS MY ASS BITCHES

LOS ANGELES Mar 27, 2005 — Declaring himself "completely innocent" of child molestation charges, Michael Jackson said Sunday that he is the victim of a conspiracy and asked fans around the world to pray for him.

In an interview with the Rev. Jesse Jackson, the entertainer would not elaborate on his conspiracy belief, citing the court-imposed gag order that prevents him from discussing his trial in detail.

However, he said he believes he is just the latest of several "black luminaries" to be unjustly accused, citing former South African President Nelson Mandela and former heavyweight boxing champions Muhammad Ali and Jack Johnson as others. "I just want to say to fans in every corner of the Earth, every nationality, every race, every language, I love you from the bottom of my heart," Jackson said toward the end of the hourlong interview broadcast live on the Internet.

"I would love your prayers and your goodwill, and please be patient and be with me and believe in me because I am completely, completely innocent. But please know a lot of conspiracy is going on as we speak," he said.

Jackson also said he is in "intense pain" since falling in the shower earlier this month, although he said at another point that his health was perfect. He arrived late to court on March 10, wearing pajama bottoms, a T-shirt and walking stiffly, and his representatives said at the time he had been treated at a hospital for a serious back injury.

"I was coming out of the shower and I fell and all my body weight I'm pretty fragile all my body weight fell against my rib cage," Jackson said. "And I bruised my lung very badly."

He said the injury has caused him to cough up blood and was so painful that it brought him to tears in court one day when he was seen wiping his eyes with a tissue. He said he remains under a doctor's care.

When Jesse Jackson noted how thin he is, the pop star replied that he has never been a big eater, something he said has always concerned his mother and others, including actress Elizabeth Taylor, a friend.

read more here
    test
  2. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

He's not at the height of his popularity anymore...

Why would he be the target of a conspiracy at this point in his career???
    He may not be guilty, but I'm not certain that I believe this is a conspiracy...
    test
  3. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

He's still an icon... MJ could never make another record again and he will still draw attention... I don't know if I entirely believe that he's a target of a conspiracy... but I do believe he brought on some of this heat himself... I mean, what 44 year old man sleeps in the same bed with 13-year-olds?
    test
  4. Ixtlan

Jacko's certainly iconic, but given the fact that he hasn't been relevant in recent years I hardly see this as a conspiracy...
    test
  5. Daktari

Daktari New Member

I think it can be true.
    test
  6. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

But my point is that his icon status still makes him relevant in the cultural lexicon.

Sure, he's not relevant in the music industry right now, but that's not the issue... his legacy and stature as a prominent "black" American is vulnerable due to these allegations, which makes a conspiracy very plausible... his not making commercially viable music does not diminish his hero or "black king" status for some people... that's all I'm saying.
    test
  7. Ixtlan

If there's one thing that he's not... It's heralded by African-Americans.
    We love and respect his music, but that's about as far as it goes.

Jacko's about as beloved to African-Americans as Cuba Gooding, (Junior) is.

There are several other prominent Blacks that would make for much better targets.
    In the music business even...
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I hear ya, b... but regardless what we think... it's what they think... the mentality could be... 'Ha, we got wun of yer uppity nigurz'... but then again, Mike could be just blowin' hot air like Clarence Thomas did at his congressional hearing when accused of sexual harrassment at the inception of his high court appointment... "this is high-tech lynching"... yeah, yeah... whatever, man... now you're black?
    test
  9. yo momma

yo momma New Member

why dont you ~~~~~~~ like cuba godding?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.