I've been wondering..just how the hell did Jay Lose to Nas?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Ice Fluid, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial1

Imperial1 For pressed ones only

He loves Pac. However, I think Hit Em Up was a wack diss song and overrated just cause pac did the song.

Imperial1
    test
  2. Ice Fluid

Ice Fluid Flow with the Fluid.

Word at that..waay overrated, I liked it as a song though...
    test
  3. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

song wuz raw, there wuz nothin ever that raw and real...dude wuz really heated, shit hit hard....wonder why yall feel its overated...
    test
  4. TheNotoryousOne

TheNotoryousOne Grown Ass Man

I agree.
    test
  5. TheNotoryousOne

TheNotoryousOne Grown Ass Man

Agreed as well.
    test
  6. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

How many biggie's rhymes, gonna come out yo fat lips?!?!?
    test
  7. iconoclast_

iconoclast_ PoorBoy Lover Plus

You have to twist a shoelace around in circles and pull it around to make it tight, Rakims flow is naturally tight.
    test
  8. Ice Fluid

Ice Fluid Flow with the Fluid.

[​IMG]
    test
  9. CAsKid

CAsKid ..ThE ReApErS sEeD..

man u cats are serious dick riders of nas..i will say this..jay-z has dropped his amount of dud albums..in my lifetime volume three..shit part 2 wasn't that nice...but back to u guys points..jay-z can do both...be lyrical and be on some money making shit..nas is too mono'tone..he sounds like rakim of this age..his albums are rarely hot past the first few days after u buy it...and he hasn't dropped many hot albums..stillmatic was good..but no longevity listening value...and the thing is..nas raps about shit he never did..thats why *****s from the street don't really endorse that dude...to me jay-z is a lyrically mother fucker..when he see's it fit..that ***** said he had to get money..because lyrical props don't buy bentley's or pay light bills like that..shit if u *****s wanna get technical..jay-z or nas aint fucking with beans..when he on some lyrical shit...period
    test
  10. MC B-Dee

MC B-Dee Guest

id say Nas won cuz his track had me laughing.

Jay's track was nice also, but sometimes keeping it simple works.
    test
  11. Frog

Frog New Member

I didn't read none of the responces, but I will say this.

1) Jay's "Takeover" is more popular than "Super Ugly," so people compared "Takeover" with "Ether."

"Ether" was more of a full diss track to Jay and "Takeover" was directed at different people along with Nas. Jay only went at Nas for 1/4 of the song.

2) Nas went second. Nas was down and out on his luck. People tend to cheer for the underdog, and also Nas has fans going all the way back to illmatic.

If Nas were to drop anything half-as-decent then Nas fans would have declared Nas the winner.

3) Media. Hot 97 did a voting to see who one and Nas had the majority vote. Mtv did a special on the beef and in a way declared Nas the victor.

*When Jay dropped "Super Ugly" people weren't feeling it. Jay dropped another diss, but by then the beef was done with and people lost interest.

I thought Jay-z had more damaging lines and Nas's lines were more simple like "cockfella" and "I rock hoes you rock fellas."

But everybody including myself were on this "OMG Nas is back and he's stonger than ever."

The battle was decided more on perception and opinion than anything.
    test
  12. E. Fate

E. Fate Guest

Um...listen to Song Cry again, the song is basically a result of what happens when he "Big Pimps"
    test
  13. PrOFouL

PrOFouL New Member

We have to remember that this world is also cursed with idiots. I still can't get over the fact ya'll like Ether, but hate SuperUgly.

I think Jay took Nas by far. "Switch up your flow, *****, your shit is gawbage...........tryna kick knowledge"

I don't even think "Ether" is liked because the song itself. It's hard to believe that the song that kilt it's own self would win this battle.
    test
  14. Imperial1

Is that the only thing good about that song that made any of his disses tight? [?]

Imperial1
    test
  15. Imperial1

I stopped right there. The album sales argument is wack, inaccurate, irrelevant and for the most part, incorrect.

Imperial1
    test
  16. THEDONN- closed

um u dont like 2pac, so whut the fuck u talkin about?pac tight to me...
    test
  17. Imperial1

Um, yeah but then turns around and makes "girls, girls, girls."

Imperial1
    test
  18. Imperial1

There's a difference between calling someone overrated and not liking them. Dang, you act like I said Pac is wack period. I said the DISS SONG was wack.

Imperial1
    test
  19. THEDONN- closed

^then u jus called all his disses wack ma!
    test
  20. NinoBrowN15

NinoBrowN15 the 100 million man

both of dem killed but ppl always go ether, stillmatic freestyle vs. takeover and super ugly when it should b ether, still matic freestyle vs. takeover an blueprint 2 an if u went dat way u would have a tie..........."jungle is a garden to me" ohhhh nooooo
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.