I've been thinking of looking into Buddhism

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by DemiGod, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

^^yeah. it does. In everyones belief you die. Its what happens after... I get it though. If nothing happened after that would make sense too.

out of heaven and hell, and reincarnation. Reincarnation makes more sense to me.
    test
  2. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

i think reincarnation would've made a lot of sense back when it was first thought up and humans didn't have a lot of knowledge on biology.. it sort of seems like a predecessor to evolution
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

couldnt it possibly be because we dont understand everything yet. Of course what youre talking about is fact.

But science doesnt explain everything yet. Who knows maybe there is more, and maybe there is not. I think someday science could come together with spirituality(not religion)

obviously nobody knows for sure what happens. But living once just for god, just to die, and then spend eternity in heaven seems extremely pointless to me. It makes sense to me that since everything just changes and doesnt die. That maybe our energy or maybe our "soul" just changes and becomes someone else.

and with reincarnation. Its not like you know youve lived before cuz you can remember. Its more like your batteries get re-used to power another human.
    Your energy being changed into more life makes more sense than a magic man in the sky when it comes to science
    test
  4. reggie jax

yea im not saying its not real, just for me to believe in it i'd have to believe living creatures have souls which i don't. i could embrace it as energy instead of souls but i think of it as non-personalized energy... i.e. when you die your energy doesn't go just to one other creature

but yea i know science is not set in stone.. i hope as it grows it does shatter my current world view... would be a bit boring if it didn't. but i sort of have my doubts about it reviving ideas from thousands of years ago. which might actually be a false assumption on my part, but thats just instinctively how i feel.
    test
  5. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

you haven't explained it once.

that's not what my other buddhist friends say.

okay, fair enough - to each his own.

wait, you just said it doesn't make sense to you to live and just die.

but here you're saying it "would make sense too".

so what is it? you're just against the concept of hell, right?

okay, so what's the difference between this scenario here.

i am a bad person, so karma fucks me and i'm reincarnated as a midget next life. i live my next life tormented because i'm a midget and have no escape route from verbal torture from my fellow wicked humans.

or, i am a good person, and next life i am very successful.

now is that not the same thing as being rewarded/punished accordingly?

that's pretty much the same concept as heaven/hell, except ours is eternal.

no, we don't go through hell eternally (only for a certain time), then heaven.

tell me how that's any different from being rewarded/punished for what you do?

you keep backtracking on what you say just because you're against hell.

:numaan:
    test
  6. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

TO NUMAAN: "reincarnation exists, but next life is eternal." explain this statement

and as far as your statement in the above post. how long (as far as your beliefs) does hell last before you go to heaven
    test
  7. reggie jax

that's the first time i've ever heard about hell being temporary. is that in the quran, nu?
    test
  8. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

it all depends on what the punishment ordained for you is.

the punishment for suicide is eternal hellfire, where you repeatedly kill yourself.

there's many verses in the qur'an speaking of abiding in the fires of hell, forever.

but they're all related to different types of sins, and transgressions.

the main thing is not to lose hope in the mercy of god.

so at the end of the day, it's up to god.

refer to above reply to reggie.

i can't say at all, it's not up to me how long you stay in hell before you leave.

it all depends on what you have done, your deeds you have amounted til death.

but know this, time in the afterlife is YOUR time. it's not relative to anyone else.

so your ten years could be my 1000 years, or 1 year, etc. it's all yours.

reincarnation in the sense that after we die in this world, we'll rise again.

but when we rise again, there's no falling after that.

so in that sense, i say re-incarnation exists, but is limited to only once.

once we're reincarnated after death, we go to the eternal life (not this temporary one).

so with that i ask busta, what's the difference b/w reincarnation and heaven/hell.

test
  9. reggie jax

interesting. are there any examples in the quran of a temporary hell though? like i get the last bit grants that god can make exceptions, and most of the punishments are directed at different kinds of sin, but does the quran list any sins where it says you'll be punished but not eternally?
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I have atleast 2 x

maybe not explained perfectly cuz im not buddhist. My concept of reincarnation comes more from hinduism than buddhism. So Ill drop it cuz this thread is about buddhism. But as i stated before, if you did get reincarnated as an animal you arent a good animal or bad animal, you just go through its life cycle. You are bound by the nature of the animal.

personally i dont believe when you die there is nothing. I just mean that it makes sense to me why people would think this. Its fairly logical.
    yeah, i mean, generally yeah. Im against the concept that if youre bad you go to hell and are tortured by demons and shit like that. There might be hell, but its only where pure evil exists, not humans or human souls.

I disagree on the way you look at it. Karma doesnt fuck you. You fuck yourself. Karma just creates based off what you do. Untill you stop looking at it as karma punishing/rewarding you wont understand. Its YOU who punish yourself. Karma doesnt judge you.
    I dont remember ever backtracking.

Karma isnt the same at all as heaven/hell. Heaven and hell are places. Karma isnt a place. But if you decided to look at it like living a life of joy/misery because of your karma then yeah earth could be your heaven/hell, so its the same in that sense.
    test
  11. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i would have to do some thorough research to answer this, but for now.

i don't recall ever reading the exact punishment for specific sins, but it's there.

as i said, i'll have to ask either a sheikh or sit down and dust off my qur'an.

either way, when i find out i'll let you know.

test
  12. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

here are some hadith (sahih) from the prophet muhammad, regarding this topic.

from the hadith and lectures i've heard over the years, it's apparent hell has stages.

each stage/level will have different forms/lengths of punishment.

test
  13. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

But can I be an eagle?
    test
  14. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

you will come back as a dire wolf.

yours truly, nosetradmus.

test
  15. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I'll take it.
    test
  16. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

speaking of dire wolves look at the size of this fucker... yeah we dont really know how big the dude is... but thats a huge ass wolf.

i love wolves and wish this picture were reversed lol

[​IMG]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.