I've Been Getting Pounding Headaches When I Exercise

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Old Soul, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

I mean serious ones... and the occurences vary. Sometimes I can go 45 mins or so, sometimes less, but the other day it felt like my head was gonna explode right when I lifted the bar off to start benching.

I keep myself hydrated.
    The air-flow in the room isn't the greatest.
    I smoke weed, but not even within 10 hours of when I workout. I'm currently weening off of it altogether.

It occurs in practically any type of activity. It started one day after I pushed myself on the treadmill pretty hard, but it happens when I curl, do leg lifts, etc.... basically anything.

It fucking sucks cuz right now i have the motivation and energy, but I think something could be seriously wrong with me.
    test
  2. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Hmmmmmmm. I was going to say maybe heat exhaustion, but you said you stay hydrated.

You probably have some problems with strained nerves in the neck(I read this is a common cause of headaches while working out). I definnitely suggest going and talking to the Doc, and a chiropractor.
    test
  3. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

might be a blood pressure issue?

may want to cut back on your sodium intake or take an aspirin shortly before workouts. don't worry...you can cut back and still get plenty of sodium in your diet. especially if any processed foods at all during the day.
    test
  4. INKonspikuouz

INKonspikuouz An sclábhaí na Éirinn

sounds like valsalvia(sp?) maneouver. you aren't breathing properly. you are inadvertently trying to exhale while holding your breath. this occurs when there is an increased pressure in your head due to the exertion of lifing weights. you're better off seeing a doctor because it could be an underlying problem such as bleeding in the brain or a separation in the lining of an artery in the brain.

i was getting them before and got an evaluation from a doctor. he gave me breathing exercises and they stopped once i managed my breathing.
    test
  5. p. haze

p. haze slap boxed with jesus

I get that when my diet is shitty and am real tired. You're in the gym but your mind is somewhere else.

Get a media player device like an Ipod to get yourself phsyed up.
    test
  6. Ice Fluid

Ice Fluid Flow with the Fluid.

Absolutely. I had the same problem doing biceps getting in those last 2 reps, somedays I'd manage to breathe right and wouldn't get a headache, but I know what you mean; once you get those headaches your head pounds like a motherfucker.
    Try to correct your breathing, and if that doesn't work yeah, see a Doc.
    test
  7. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Could definitely be a breathing problem, as I am new to this. Thanks.
    test
  8. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

Could be a breathing problem...i was gonna say to stay hydrated, but seems that isn't the problem...make sure you got enough food in your system..
    test
  9. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Are you supplementing and are you hydrating too much? That could be a serious problem if your downin water while exertin yourself on the treadmill etc.

Drink a sportsdrink like Gatorade or somethin...Breathin can cause it too word, cuz that's happened to me...I mean, its possible to have a clot in your brain and thats fatal 9/10 if untreated so go see a doc about that shit...also, if its nothin like that...keep a cool wet rag on your forehead or around your neck to keep your temp down...any spike in body tempature can give you a headache like you've never had before
    test
  10. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

No supplements and I don't guzzle water...

Man y'all got me trippin, tho... I'ma have to see a doc.
    test
  11. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Although today I worked on controlled-breathing and had no problems at all. Which felt great.
    test
  12. INKonspikuouz

INKonspikuouz An sclábhaí na Éirinn

its more than likely just the breathing then. you were subconsciously breathing out while holding your breath. its the most common cause for headaches. if it ever continues go see the doc. better safe than sorry
    test
  13. doubl3

doubl3 aka AyHay

You peeps got White thinking he gona die ...lmao.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.