it's official I'm starting full sail august 30th

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by De'yon, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. De'yon

De'yon Hustle Payper On the Beat

I was on the fence about doing full sail but after doing my research and checking out some other schools I decided to try the online bachelors of science music production course this is the first time in my life I've been looking forward to the first day of school lol......my launch box gear s supposed to ship tomorrow afternoon I think my first shipment i just a macbook pro 15" an after a month of class they ship you the rest of your gear

I know theres probably a few people on here curious about what goes on so I'll keep you all posted
    test
  2. J.Lujan

J.Lujan i aint gonna click that

yea i was gonna try berklee.
    test
  3. ~G.I~

~G.I~ Mastering Engineer/Mod

online course as in home study?
    test
  4. De'yon

Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. De'yon

i have a friend doing berklee online he doesnt like that they focus on sonar and reason

Yeah Im doing full sail online I like that you graduate with a bachlors of science. The laptop im using is alsg being pushed well passed its limits and I had a mother board failure on my custom built pc so the macbook pro they send you caught my attention too on the cool

But I got an email from fed ex today saying my macbook is on its way every thing else comes after 1 month
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. ~G.I~

I personally am against online studies.
    Especially with audio/music.

Its a "everyone knows everybody" world.
    If you dont have classmates, schoolmates and teacher that you meet on the regular, it is gonna be hard to get your face known around the people you eventually want to be around it.

50% of my clienbase is from people I have met thru school
    20% of my clientbase is from people that know people I went to school with and heard about me
    30% is from online sales, and even then every now and then its from somebody how heard about me and looked for me online.

thats just my point of view...
    test
  7. De'yon

I agree wit you G.I. I was gonna do on campus study back in 2007 but I I found out I had a kid on the way now Ive ended up with full custody of him so there no way I could do on campus study the hours are too long but I'm determined to get a degree and learn more about m craft so onine is my only option rite now

but already have a growing nae in my area I had a popular single in west texas way back in 07-08 and work on some other popular projects so when i go out to shows and stuff people know me and I always end up with atleast 3-5 people coming to me to exchange info .............but it will be much harder for me than the on campus students I know but hell nothings ever been easy for me lol
    test
  8. ~G.I~

i respect that, good luck to you bro
    test
  9. De'yon

apreciate it

A word to you young dudes on here who wanna chase the dream.....Hold off on having kids!!! they are a blessing but its alot of stuff that has to change I had to pass on a few real nice opportunity's in order to be good dad .....somthing to think about
    test
  10. TrackMakerz

TrackMakerz TrackMakerz

Good luck De'yon
    test
  11. De'yon

my first package came in today!!! 15.4" macbook pro 2.66 core I7, 4 gigs ram, and a 500gig hard drive...they also threw in box sets of Iwork, Microsoft office mac, and mobile me still waiting on my E books they wont send my audio gear untill they are required for class.......I have to call in the morning and report that my charger isnt working tho.......
    always been a pc but this unibody mac is amazingly thinner than my hp laptop its also lighter fast, has 100 times better graffix and and has an 8 hour battery life compared to the hp's 2 hours on a good day

[​IMG]
    test
  12. OMEKBEATS

OMEKBEATS New Member

that's cool! good luck

I'm going to the SAE in hamburg studying Audio Engineering.
    test
  13. TrackMakerz

TrackMakerz TrackMakerz

I've been thinking about going too full sail!Realtalk..
    test
  14. De'yon

I thought about it for some years always figure that when it came down to it I wouldnt be able to afford it or something but they make it very easy they helped me with my fafsa grants and student loan they even included the cost of the macbook pro into the 1st year tuition cost so that was paid for by the grants only upfront money I'm out of is $1.05 postage to send in papers and $5 gas to drive out to fed ex and pick the package up after hours
    test
  15. De'yon

finished the first week I didnt expect it to be easy but I also didnt exect the first week work load to be so intensive all together had to read 7 chapters, take 4 quizes, complete a video assignment and a podcast radio interview assignment...... its a good 20 to 30 hours a week worth of work .....I'm still waiting on my technology package with the interface and all that in its expected to come in the 4th week

I left high school 2 years and got my GED to take a studio job so I have been in school for like 7 years hard to get back in learning mode
    test
  16. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I'm with GI on online courses, You could probably find all the information they will teach on online for free without the student loan debt.

Best benifit of school would be to intereact with people going into the field and networking opportunities ect
    test
  17. De'yon

theres a surprising amount of networking at full sail online they encourage everyone to get to know each other and swap chat accounts and info and ll the online students have standing invitations to attend any of the events on campus if its possible for you

what you are actually working for is a bachelor of science degree witch is why is cost so much ........

the part about all info they teach is probably online you could say hat about any class at any school......if was simple as goggling and reading no one ever go to any university
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.