It's a good thing TNA is focusing on the future

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by abztrakt, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

Kevin Nash is sitll more entertaining than randy orton, kennedy, and any other young fuck the wwe thries to put up our butts.

if it werent for Nash's knees.. this guy would still be very popular.

the only people im going to have to agree on is.. VKM.. they've done nothing but ride their glory days with DX, Rick Steiner.. and i hate to say this, because Rick reminds me of WCW.. and i used to love WCW .. but im afraid his time may of come and went.

3D.. funny/entertaining.. devon is a cool ass dude.. they still look some what HIP and can make wrestling more marketable to new fans.. plus they help with the original ECW demo KEY

Angle.. the guy has a gold medal.. turned down a multi milliondollar contract.. which shows he's obviously still wanted by the MMA world.. the guys in demand.. he also makes wrestling seem more REAL for lack of a better word.. having a real wrestler on your show never hurt.. neither did a Gold medal

Sting.. if Taker can still mainevent WWE.. than Sting who is still as good as his 2000 WCW days.. plus he's a lot faster than most 40 year olds.. his promos are ALWAYS good no matter the shitty storylines TNA puts him in

Christian.. this one cracks me up.. nobody said anything when the WWF took Austin and made him a huge star, because WCW wasnt using him to his full potential.. but now we're in the era of the internet.. so TNA is supposedly picking up WWE scrubs.. hmm

Booker T.. if the rumors are true... nothing more to say than the guy is name value.. and Booker T is the last guy to stick around if he knows he doesnt have it.. he knows he has something to offer.

so please end thse discussions.
    test
  2. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

hahaha @ believing everything Krazy Kurt says about himself. I'm not sure if he's supposed to be some sort of loose cannon character like Pillman or if he's just nuts now, but either way you're better off not actually believing anything he says.

Christian is the only guy I wouldn't consider a WWE reject (yes, including Angle).

3D is still worthless. lol @ "they still look pretty hip". They're THIS CLOSE to wearing fanny packs and rocking mullets. Also, the "original ECW demo" isn't key to anything.

Sting has a use, but main eventing the biggest PPV of the year every year shouldn't be it. He can go for an old man, but that's just it, he's still an old man. Also, he was pretty bad in 2000, so saying he's just as good as he was then isn't much of a statement.

Booker was seriously stale for a few years until the King Booker character rejuvenated his career. WWE won't let him use that character after he leaves, and this is TNA anyway, so we're going to get stale old Booker T and he's going to get pushed hard.
    test
  3. abztrakt

Oh, and Nash was being used perfectly with Shelley and Sabin before they decided to add him to Krazy Kurt's Wacky Shenanigans Brigade. And they gave him a raise to wrestle again. THIS WILL NOT HELP THEM AT ALL AND THEY ARE WASTING MONEY.
    test
  4. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

man ive come to the conclusion you just like hating on TNA.
    test
  5. abztrakt

I do as far as it's funny just how badly they can fuck up on a consistent basis. If they're not going to be good, they might as well be hilariously bad. It's still more entertaining than the current WWE blandness.
    test
  6. test
  7. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

isnt vinny hurt now lol

if u really want 2 compare tna 2 sports than look at the yankees. they won thier championships with homegrown talent. after a while they got older and tried 2 buy a championship. guess wat happened... no rings
    test
  8. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

You got Testeverde and which other quarterbacks his age in the NFL, and plus he is injured already. Vinny isn't a franchise QB or a top of the line starter option, he was simply the best available of the free agent QB pool. I'm guessing though you would rather Vinny as your franchise QB since he is 44 rather then someone younger like a 25 year old Roethlisberger or a 27 year old Romo or even a 30 year old Brady.

I'm not saying sign a whole bunch of indie guys nobody knows and build them. I'm saying take what you got now that are ready to go to that next level and push them to that next level. It might not be main event except with Samoa Joe who was there and was depushed, but take somebody like Shelley out of being opener status and push him to the midcard..Put LAX back in the drivers seat of the tag division. Hell the fans were behind them more then 3D during their feud...
    test
  9. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Yeah.

They just wanted something to fill the wrestling gap after WWE went back to USA. It's not like they're depending on TNA for the ratings boost.
    test
  10. test
  11. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Ha.

Honestly though, I think Kurt's a good worker and all, but he seems to have an ego that would make Hogan and Goldberg flinch. You're better off with a locker room full of decent, docile workers than one split between the prima donnas of wrestling's past.

They could easily salvage the company if they put their heads on straight, but it won't happen. Let's face it, TNA's ratings come from the people who watch any wrestling that's on TV, so if they blatantly fired the Stings, Angles, and Nashs and built their cards around homegrown and RoH talents, the ratings wouldn't drop a tenth of a decimal. Of course, good business could be done with the older experienced guys that doesn't involve them holding all of the titles, but I'm sure Russo would chase me with a stick if I suggested that in person.
    test
  12. abztrakt

That's what I've been saying for a while. You can put any kind of wrestling on national TV with passable production values and it's going to get around a 1.0 rating. The old ECW, Velocity, Heat, Impact, AM Raw all got/get about the same rating.

Also, I think Kurt has been exposed as being good, not great in the ring during his TNA run. His matches have a very distinct formula to them and I really don't enjoy them so much anymore. He's also a lot like Jarrett in that he was a lot better as the #2 or 3 guy in the company, but he gets old really fast as the top guy.
    test
  13. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

I can't help but wonder if he's just lost any passion he's had for pro wrestling in the last couple years, and replaced it with political paranoia.

The only way to test this theory would be to see if he could still have a great match with a guy like Shawn who may have just been able to accentuate Angle's good points, thus making him come off like a wrestling prodigy. If my theory held water, HBK probably could carry him to a decent match, but nothing to stick on a DVD.
    test
  14. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

BTW, I was way out of line putting Nash on the disposables list, and I'll repent for the rest of my life.
    test
  15. TNA is a rip off of TNA From WWE...aka Test N Albert
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.