It's a good thing TNA is focusing on the future

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by abztrakt, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

the difference is that wwe is established. tna cant afford 2 fuck up like that. if u havent increased ratings by that much with an extra hour. try something new and not play a wwe or wcw rerun. cuz thats all its doing with thier new signings( christian, angle etc...
    test
  2. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

Ratings arent that important for TNA right now

they need to focus on getting better buyrates
    test
  3. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

lol @ going from calling abztrakt "the biggest wwe mark" to saying "this goes back to you being a smark" on the same page.

something's not right about that.
    test
  4. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

mark = for wwe

smark = for tna

its not hard to understand. but youre still upset about me saying nobody cares about you being an uncle..
    test
  5. thats biased to say your a smark for being a tna fan and mark for being a wwe fan.. whats so great about tna... hell the video game has better production than the show dose....i watch just about every promotion.. and your saying wwe sucks...yet tna uses wrestlers wwe don't want... theres a reason they let them wrestlers go.. tna is good here and there as well as wwe... thats what you get with mainstream wrestling you dont know when a good show is going to happen.. an lately wwe cant have a good show unless it involves stone cold.
    test
  6. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

actually i said wrestling in general sucks right now.
    test
  7. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

and the only thing im defending tna on is their roster and how they use it.

tnas problem has nothing to do with them pushing angle or 3d.. it has to do with shitty storylines that dont generate interest.. which in return garners better ppv buys
    test
  8. tna has the roster.. and how they use it... ? they ruin it... im not hating on the talent... especially sense they have lax, styles, daniels, joe, roode, harris, storm, shelley, cage, angle, abyss, an so on... there productions seem a bit speedy to me and its hard to get into... the six side ring was cute for awhile..id like to see joe with the belt at some point but i know that wont happen.
    test
  9. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Same problem. Any storyline that involves Team 3D is a shitty storyline, and it's not that Angle is pushed it's that he's way OVERpushed. Also, it has to do with overpaying shitty wrestlers who don't generate interest.

If TNA had Joe, AJ, Abyss, Lethal, Daniels, Senshi, LAX and the MCMGs at the top instead of Angle, Sting, Christian, Team 3D, and the Steiners, they would be getting close to, if not equal, the ratings and buyrates they're getting now, AND they would be saving a ton on expenses. But they don't realize that, and as a result they're wasting millions and their product is suffering too.

And no, not just because the young guys are better wrestlers, but because they don't let their egos get out of control and hold other guys down because they're desperate to cling to their spot. That's why you never, ever hear about political bullshit behind the scenes in ROH, because they know what it takes to put their ego aside and do what's good for the company. That's something people never learned in WWF/E and especially WCW.
    test
  10. abztrakt

Yeah, and they're not getting either. But definitely not because their product sucks. That's just what I think because I'm a smarky WWE mark.
    test
  11. abztrakt

If you think WCW's problem wasn't them not creating new stars, just watch a Nitro from their last year or so. Once they lost a few of their big stars, they had to get desperate and start throwing shit at the wall hoping something sticks.

You know, you can keep putting veterans on TV, even push them, and still develop guys for the future. But that's not what TNA is doing at all. It's like they make a point to make the younger, talented guys look inferior to the plodding old WWE rejects every chance they get. If TNA isn't careful, they're going to lose their younger guys to WWE or even ROH and be stuck with a bunch of guys who are over the hill and a few vanilla guys like Kazarian, Roode, and Chris Harris who wouldn't be able to get work anywhere else anyway. Then in five years (which is generous) when guys like 3D, the Steiners, Sting and Angle can't go anymore, they'll be fucked because there's no one left to push.

Finally, comparing Team 3D to Shaq is retarded. They were never that good, and they've aged really, really poorly. Sting would be a much more valid comparison, and I do recognize that guys like Sting have a place in TNA. They shouldn't be benched, but they should be helping the new guys get better and get over.
    test
  12. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

you think TNA would've been on spike if it werent for all the stars?
    test
  13. abztrakt

Yes, if by "all the stars" you mean "all the old guys". They could easily get rid of all the washed up tag teams and nobody would care. Jarrett has been off TV for most of the past year and it doesn't seem like he's needed back at all. It would be the same way with most of the ex-WWE/WCW guys. The only exceptions I can think of would be Christian and Angle.

At this point, even though TNA doesn't seem to want to realize this, guys like AJ and Joe are just as big of stars in the industry as Sting or Jarrett.
    test
  14. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

haha at Jarrett not being needed back.. Jarrett is the heart and soul of TNA. you speak too much like a net fan.

as soon as jeff left.. tna started to suck. say hello to your savior.
    test
  15. abztrakt

Whoa, you've gotten pissy because I say that TNA sucks right now, and then you just admit that it sucks?

OMG WWE MARK NET FAN SMARK!
    test
  16. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

no, i agree TNA kind of sucks.. but i dont agree on them needing to push new talent. 3D and Angle still have a lot of good years
    test
  17. abztrakt

Yeah, when Joe, Shelley, Sabin, Senshi, Homicide, etc. decide to jump ship first chance they get, Angle breaks his neck or ODs or whatever and 3D decide they're not getting paid enough, throw a tantrum and quit and you're stuck with Bobby Roode vs. Chris Harris main eventing PPVs, tell me then that they didn't need to push their young guys.

Also, 3D doesn't have a lot of good years left. Then again, they never really had any good years to start with. And Angle's body and/or mind could fall apart at any moment.
    test
  18. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

then what happens when these people leave or retire, you didn't bother to create people to step up and take over..

I guess if you want to compare it to basketball I see it as building a lineup of overpaid vets at the expense of your future. In doing so you may trade away draft picks, young talent all for some guys who are nearing the end, and all your backing them with is a bunch of cheap role players who couldn't carry a team if their life depended on it. Sting, Booker, 3D, VKM, Pacman and Angle won't be around forever.

test
  19. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

look at vinnie testarvety? sp?

hes like 44 and still going.

sting still gots it

*clap clap you still got it clap clap*
    test
  20. abztrakt

Sting is no Nash.
    test