It's a good thing TNA is focusing on the future

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by abztrakt, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

instead of depending on old ex-WWE/WCW guys.

[Both Booker T and Scott Hall are backstage at the TNA Impact taping in Orlando, FL.

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com ]

I bet Shelley and Sabin don't even make it on the show.
    test
  2. abztrakt

test
  3. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

dude youre the biggest wwe mark..

get off tnas nuts. the wwe is no better right now.. wrestling in general sucks right now.
    test
  4. abztrakt

I don't see how I can be the biggest mark for a company that I rarely, if ever, watch. I'm completely apathetic towards WWE because it's boring and nothing ever happens. I downloaded Raw and saw everything I was interested in in about 10 minutes.

TNA actually bothers me because it could be awesome, but they fuck up every chance they get (and actually create new opportunities for themselves to fuck up even more). TNA two years ago blows away anything they've done lately.

ROH is the only promotion I'm even remotely interested in at this point, even though Nigel as champion does nothing for me.
    test
  5. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Kazarian looks like Antonio Banderas
    test
  6. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

all you ever do is insult tna.. im tired of people complaining.. yes tna kind of sucks right now. .but so does the wwe. for some reason everybody seems to focus on tna.. you would think they would pick at the more established company thats been doing it longer
    test
  7. abztrakt

Yeah, they're doing the same things WWE has been doing wrong for years, but they do it while they try to project themselves as an alternative to WWE while they're basically WWE-lite. At least WWE is exactly what they say they are.
    test
  8. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

i dont know how you can call tna wwe lite.. when you just said you dont watch much wwe.. so how can you even compare the products?

as a big wrestling fan.. i can say the two companies are little to nothing alike. from the wrestling styles to the promos
    test
  9. abztrakt

I doubt that WWE has changed much in the few months since I quit watching, so I don't think I'm unqualified to make the comparison.

And they're not that different in the ring (for obvious reasons), other than a few guys like Joe and the MCMGs, who always seem to get fucked over by the booking. The biggest difference is that instead of taking the simple and effective route to be different than WWE like they did in late 2005-early 2006, TNA comes up with these retarded, over-complicated "special" matches that don't really help anyone.
    test
  10. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

so because tna comes with over complicated.. IN YOUR OPINION matches.. they suck? since your personal favorites dont win.. thats bad booking?

your arguements are making no sense.. to me , it seems like youre going with the internet trend of hating on tna.
    test
  11. Nam Dekan

I think anytime when your announcers gotta spend 5 minutes describing the concept of a match then it's to complicated. Did you watch it when they first did the reverse battle royale? West and Tenay spent like 5 minutes describing the concept, and they did this a couple times..

I watch both promotions and I wouldn't really say TNA is WWE-lite, but moreso WCW-lite. They really do need to try and be an alternative to the WWE though. They had that with the X-Division but they seem to have went away from that. I guess TNA has been doing something right, they haven't lost any viewers but then again they haven't gained any large numbers as can be seen by the consistent 1.0-1.2 rating..Like abz said they need to utilize the young talent they do have especially since they are talented guys...
    test
  12. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

los angeles xchange?

when did they change thier name?

i rather watcha tna cuz of some of their young talent, karen angle and kevin nash.

this is until edge and jericho comeback. hopefully they r both on raw. i dont care if edge is supposed 2 be on smackdown. that show cant be saved
    test
  13. abztrakt

It's bad booking because it's bad for business. One of the biggest reasons WCW went out of business is because they never made any new stars (other than Goldberg). TNA has blown too many chances at making Joe a main eventer, instead having him look like a choker in title matches and a retard for not seeing the "swerve" with Karen Angle coming. I'm not a fan of Lethal, but they had a pretty big opportunity to put him AND the X-Division belt over when he upset Angle. But instead they just had him look like a jobber getting beat down over the next few weeks. LAX was the best heel team they've ever had, but then they feuded with Team 3D and that ended up killing a lot of their heat because 3D got the best of them all the time. Since then, they got jobbed out when Konnan left and for some reason were turned face for no real reason. Austin Aries (Starr) had potential to be a huge star, but they gave him nothing to do after the PCS thing ended and he jumped back to ROH the first chance he got. Shelley has been over ever since the thing with Nash started, but they've never really done anything with him. Sabin got pushed hard when he was Vanilla McBabyface, but once he turned heel and got a personality they jobbed him out. Then he started teaming with Shelley, they both got even more over, and they were rewarded by getting jobbed to makeshift teams on Xplosion and getting their asses handed to them regularly by Team 3D. Because that's how you make new stars.
    test
  14. abztrakt

Besides that, the reverse battle royal didn't make sense because guys should've just been running into the ring. Instead, they would keep fighting even though they had the chance to get in the ring and move on. In some cases, guys would just stand there and look for someone to fight when they could easily have just hopped in the ring. It was hard to watch. Also, matches like King of the Mountain lose excitement because they have all these processes they have to go through throughout the match.

Also, it's more like 0.9-1.1, 1.2 is their best rating ever and has only happened once or twice I believe. And from what I've read, their buyrates haven't gone up either and might have even gone down. All while their payroll has gone way up and their product has gotten much worse.
    test
  15. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

Wcw dying had nothing to do with them not making new stars.. your source was obviously the monday night wars dvd.

who says they even need to make new stars? wrestlers like 3D are good for another 5 or so years.. again, this goes back to you being a smark.

So maybe the Heat should bench Shaq and worry about developing new talent? Somebody being in starting position could learn a lot. But that's not how it works.. you sit back and let the vets do their thing.. until they're finished.. and if you like or not.. wrestlers like 3d are still getting it done
    test
  16. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

and dont even bring up draw power.. because nobody other than a couple of internet smarks are going to pay to see shelley and sabin.
    test
  17. Nam Dekan

I wouldn't agree with that, you let the vets do their thing until they become a liability to the team or you got someone better. There is a huge difference between developing young talent and just burying young talent. Take the Pistons and Darko Millic for instance, he wasn't getting any better or developing by sitting on the bench and being a human victory cigar, and he didn't start developing until he got traded and got playing time. But the comparison between wrestling and basketball isn't really a good one though..

Like wrestling though when your stars become a liability then you need to go a new direction. You need new young talent to continue the cycle of things. You never know when one of your vets might say fuck it and retire or you have a rash of injuries WWE style and then guess what you have nobody to step up because you didn't bother to develop anybody. Making new stars help because then you got somebody in the wings because as these guys get older their bodies can't do what they once did.

Like WWE now, they got young stars ready to step and have built new stars that can step in like Cena, Orton, Edge, and Kennedy.

TNA did drop the ball with Samoa Joe, he was over huge and was ready for the world title, but they failed. Angle shouldn't have ended his streak, someone that needed that extra rub should've ended it..

I'm not against Booker in TNA though, I like his signing much more then Angle's and Stings...
    test
  18. if it wasn't for wwe's wellness policy there dam sure wouldn't be a TNA... they waste to much money on washed up superstars and don't improve on anything.. at least wwe has a developmental program. i wouldn't be suprised if they signed goldberg to a 10 million dollar deal hahah... So Booker Is Going To Be Stings Mistery Partner?
    test
  19. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

Regardless.. TNA has new talent.. what do you call Christian, Samoa Joe, Aj Styles etc

i put Christian on that list because i think he's still at his best.. and getting better.

all WWE gots is Cena & Orton.. Batista is like 41 now.. Undertaker is like 40 something as well.. Mysterio is so beat up, its not even funny..

if you want to call Carltio & Kennedy new talent.. then i guess robert roode also counts for TNA.. because WWE has never done much with their young midcard talent
    test
  20. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

and let me not mention all the people wwe has dropped the ball with.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.