It

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by AliceHouse, Oct 2, 2013.

1. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

Oooh, bad form. I posted before finishing the title of this thread. :(

Anyway... It's October!

You know what that means right? I'm off to... well, I'm off to somewhere. I don't need y'all to know so you end up stalking me you creepy pervs.

But I'll see you all again next year, it's been fun.

Don't worry, Ceasar, I've already picked out the song for you to sing to me as I exit this place.

test
  2. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Best of luck on your voyage. :)
    test
  3. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

We were just starting to turn a corner...
    test
  4. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

test
  5. Radium

Radium f k

can i ask you one more question
    test
  6. Superman70

Superman70 edited

wtf at that sig
    test
  7. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

Radium's sigs are a thing of wonder.
    test
  8. L u c y

@AliceHouse deuces mama, it's been interesting. Have some fun ..
    test
  9. Superman70

Superman70 edited

i just noticed what he did, recreating the sonic picture.

i'm just not sure what the one white X next to sonic represents. his eye?
    test
  10. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

thought this was about the killer clown novel/ movie by Stephen King.
    test
  11. Radium

Radium f k

yeah thats an eye and it represents the fovea which is a tiny depression in the retina which is a photo-sensitive layer at the back of the eye that converts light energy to electro-chemical signals and sends it down a tube called the optic nerve which connects the eye to the brain. the fovea is the part of the eye that has maximum color sensitivity and maxmum visual acuity

here read this: http://rapmusic.com/threads/evolution-ask-me-anything.1360879/

i talk about the fovea-ventral stream-dopaminergic system or fvd where: a. a relevant point of interest in focal extrapersonal space is scanned by the fovea b. sent down the optic nerve and through the ventral stream c. converted and merged to dopaminergic centers in the brain. thats basically what the sonic art is. he is pulling a point of interest from his focal extrapersonal space in the upper visual field through his fovea and then pushing it down through the optic nerve and the ventral stream which is then pushed out to his dopaminergic centers that produce a sense of awe and amazement in sonic. my hypothesis is that whenever we see something that we like we have just used the fvd

this hypothesis led to something i named dopaminergic chain theory which is a model on how dopamine neurons which are produced by things like the fvd interact or chain together. the premise is that dopamine neurons like dopamine neurons and want to chain to more and more dopamine neurons and this creates a linear progression of uninterrupted dopaminergic transmission eg dopamine neuron a -> dopamine neuron b -> dopamine neuron c ...

this caused me to hypothesize that the linear progression of our dopaminergic chains tends to produce increased aggression but what i found paradoxically was that it more likely produces an anxiolytic effect on our brains and that when our dopaminergic chains become broken the anxiolytic properties of dopamine are not achieved thus resulting in dopaminergic chain failure where dopamine neurons cease achieving linear progression and thus make us more likely to default to aggression in the absence of the anxiolytic substrate created by dopamine which act as a cushion or safety net from it

Molecular Imaging Finds Link Between Low Dopamine Levels and Aggression

an interesting postulate of dopaminergic chain theory that i have is that dopamine neurons only want to chain to dopamine neurons of equal or greater reward potential thus producing linear progression trends. that is by this trait that dopaminergic chains can maintain the balance of the anxiolytic properties they exert and not sacrifice the integrity of the anxiolytic state. here is a gif of tom brady's throwing technique which can be explained using dopaminergic chain theory

[​IMG]

here tom brady gazes downfield as he uses his fovea to scan his focal extrapersonal space for points of interest as represented by his like colored receivers which demonstrates the relevance of color patterns for team sports vis a vis the color sensitivity of the fovea and its capacity to find points of interest that are embedded in focal extrapersonal space. as he is pulling relevant points of interest through his fovea and pushing it down his optic nerve and through his ventral stream the dynamic creation of dopaminergic chains are provoked in his dopaminergic centers. using the postulate that dopamine neurons only seek more dopamine neurons that have equal or greater capacity for reward a linear progression of his dopaminergic chain is established which provoke brady to select only the most relevant point of interest to dopaminergic transmission in his focal extrapersonal space. that is he is only going to throw to the most open receiver downfield that his fovea can find thus ultimately ensuring the anxiolytic properties of his dopamingeric chain are not sacrificed.

and if his receiver drops it: http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/523310dcecad04462fc8a355/tom-brady-sideline-welp.gif

structures like the eye and the fovea very likely evolved around pre existing dopaminergic systems which emerged as far back 500 million years ago in the cambrian era as a way to accommodate its capacity to effectively achieve a more and more uninterrupted linear progression of dopamine. it can be argued that much of the biological evolution post cambrian explosion is characterized by the need to have more and more nuanced means of dopaminergic transmission. that is that evolution wasnt guided by just the need to pass on genes but more accurately by the need to produce structures and systems designed for streamlining dopaminergic chains

anyway thats dopaminergic chain theory. i think that it can be used in part to understand things like schizoprehina, adhd, religiosity, and gambling and addiction which under dopaminergic chain theory result because the linear progression of dopamine neurons can only exclusively target dopamine neurons that have chained to an extreme or bizarre state and have thus locked in or chained together around only these dopamine neurons by the same mechanism that is executed by dopamine to not sacrifice the anxiolytic properties it exerts. this is epitomized by the parable of icarus who in his ecstasy flew too close to the sun which melted the wax which bound together his feathery wings dooming him to death. the linear progression of his dopaminergic chain became so rich in its own ecstasy that icarus could not break away from the dopamine neurons that could only chain to more and more equal or greater dopamine neurons. the integrity of his dopaminergic chain could no longer be maintained by reality
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
    test
  12. Superman70

Superman70 edited

test
  13. L u c y

told ya
    test