it takes more faith to be atheist..

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

P.S. Frank Turek isn't a doctor of any kind, he's an apologist. He has a "doctorate" in apologetics. Basically, he's a church doctrine defender (although he is definitely on the offensive in this case) who relies on cheap laughs to satisfy his audience.
    test
  2. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

What belief are you fucking talking about? Stop claiming I believe shit that I don't. I'm not a Darwinist.
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

lol. U sure have a problem with laughing. Focus on the facts bro. Theres plenty in there u keep missing.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

lmao at the evidence of dissension within your spirit. i was giving you an easy comparison, one that you couldn't refute. idk what your talking about pasting or what not. bc i was typing what i heard in a discussion.. but you can't deny intelligent design ..

so to be fair.. what is your take on atheism? maybe then i can have a better chance at answering your specific question.
    test
  5. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I already told you why I lost faith in God and it has nothing to do with my ideas of God.

How do I need to have faith in myself in order to lack a fucking belief in God?

Why is it in any way hard to deal with the fact that a particular atheist does not require more faith than you as a believer? DO YOU HATE HAVING TO HAVE FAITH? DO YOU HATE THE BURDEN OF PROOF?

Fuck. Put it down then.
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

No. U are "standing in" now for a athiest so ur aligning urself with their theorys u cant get mad. U stood there. Wth. Lol.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. lyricalpriest

do you have a conscious? something inside u that tells you if something is right or wrong?

where do u think that comes from? natural law? or intelligent design?

what keeps you from giving up on life? hope for a better tomorrow perhaps?

christians believe they have been atoned for, and that god has a plan for their lives

where as atheist don't believe they are in the wrong, nor that life has meaning..

what is easier to believe?

that we are given a chance for redemption and that we have purpose

or that

there is no redemption because life has no purpose?

even tho you believe in nothing your actually believing in a lot

u reject irrefutable proof and divine evidence and cover it up with nothingness..

that is more faith. to believe in nothing verses believing in something.
    test
  8. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

If I thought you'd actually read a proper response to the bullshit LP posted maybe I would fucking tear that shit apart for you. But when you guys are so lazy you just copy and paste shit from your fucking God Frank Turek, why should I care to have a proper discussion instead of just flinging shit like this back and forth?

If you would just plainly admit that you can't think of any reason why it takes more faith to be an atheist - to lack a belief as I do... this "dissension of spirit" that your trolling mate is talking about wouldn't be happening right now.

It's not even a dissension of anything really. I'm just so fucking amazed at you guys right now.
    test
  9. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I can refute a number of things in there. But when your friend goes in there making funny comments like "printshop explosion" and you guys seem amused by what you did there's no reason to think you're taking your little topic seriously.
    test
  10. lyricalpriest

you asked for an answer and when you got it you didn't like it..

u mad bc i used that information to my benefit.. but he does have a degree and what he is saying is of sound intellect something you can't claim as a contradiction like every says everytime they don't want to agree.
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

oh come on bro. If u can do it id love to hear it. My respose wasnt about frank turek. But no u never told me why u lost faith in God. I asked but u havent told me. If i knew i could probably help with that actually.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. lyricalpriest

we are takin this topic serious brother. laughing isn't a sign of non-seriousness..

he probably heard the same message as me and was merely side commenting on the fact i used that analogy bro bro.
    test
  13. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Atheism is the lack of belief in a God or gods, we already chose a common definition that me and LP agreed on, and I think you accepted it also by saying you might answer my question.

It doesn't matter what I'm standing in for, because LP made a claim, and I got definitions he accepts. Then I questioned him why for a particular definition his claim actually works? You said you could give an answer. Since LP couldn't give an answer, then go ahead and give your answer.

Back up the claim that it takes more faith to lack a belief in a God or gods, or admit that you can't back it up. It's that simple.
    test
  14. lyricalpriest

well i have answered and your avoiding.. to have faith there is no god is actually practicing more belief than if believing there is god. and that's all there is too it if you want a million and one different reason's to try to deny then let me no.. other wise prove to us why it isn't true.
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

Well a lack of belief in God is just a bad really. Its like someone saying i believe if i confess jesus as me savior and that he died for me ill be saved but they dont believe that he will heal them when the same book says "by his stripes we are healed". Its like believeing some but not all. It will take u to the same outcome.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  16. mr marz

mr marz Member

i think hes saying that you have faith in the fact that there is no god, and that you wont be judged in the event of your demise. and that it takes more faith to not believe in god and take the chance that he might exist and you might go to hell. i dont know if i agree with this. but i think thats what he was getting at.
    test
  17. lyricalpriest

it's sort of like the future.. we never trully see it because we are always in the present

an atheist wouldn't believe in a future or futures bc he doesn't believe in what he can't see

verses a theist believing in the opposite..

now as the future unfolds every day and is evidence the atheist has to become more faithfull in denying the existence where as the believer doesn't.. have to have more faith because he is already acceptive.
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

esentially. But he wants to say use that arguement for "loosing faith that there is a God" but thats more agnostic right?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Yeah, sure I have a conscience.

It seems as though we might have a natural capacity for it. As for intelligent design, the way it was described in your post concerning clouds that say Drink Coke appears to denote the possibility that Intelligent design includes anything that's man-made. Thus, through (if we go as far to say) man's natural capacity...we may be able to construct a moral law or code for ourselves without any sort of divine all powerful God acting as a moral law giver.

Life is interesting, and we have many opportunities and experiences. I'd have to put more thought into that, but I was born which means I became a living being. I'm not certain what happens when I die. I don't someone just one day decides "I'm going to kill myself," there's usually more to it... suffering. I'd need a very convincing reason to give up on life. Not so much in need of a convincing reason to remain living.

I was a Christian. I think we can find meaning in life whether we believe it is inherently meaningful or not. In fact, I would still debate the issue with myself on whether life has meaning or not. I still lean towards the belief that life does have meaning in many ways. I think we get a lot of meaning through our senses.

Again, just because I don't believe in God doesn't mean I believe life has no purpose. Even if life doesn't have any necessary purpose, we can make purpose. I'm not trying to take your purpose of serving what you call God away from you. I push the idea of faith. The loudest of the atheists would claim that faith is this and that. I don't personally have the faith I once did. It isn't there anymore. But I still see faith clearly as a way to fulfillment. I don't seek to strip faith away from people. I'm happy knowing people can have faith.

You're playing a word game with me right now.

Where do you get this "believe in nothing" stuff from?

Even so, it's the same word game. There is a difference between not believing in God, and believing there is no God.
    test
  20. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I never said I have faith there is no God.

I reject your claim that there is a God.

Nice talk about avoiding, after you took longer to respond than I did.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.