It seems like rock kids are open minded than hip hop fans.

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by deadweather, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadweather

deadweather ******

what?
    when did i ever say i advocated what he did? however i'd be the first guy to say that when it comes down to it, to fight your own fight and be a man. Thats what i admired about that fight, that it didnt involve a huge entourage and a huge rumble.

I dont approve of either, but then again, their music doesnt reflect/speak of/glorify/talk about violence at all.

hip hop does. hip hop has a bad rep as of right now, and its not going away.
    rock doesnt have that problem.

i'm saying hip hop should shed its tarnished image, and try to shift to something better.
    test
  2. MRI images

MRI images New Member

im probably the most open-minded black kid, you'll ever meet.. i ask people what cds you listen to, their like blah blah..rock n roll..cd..im like let me listen, i listen...right..i love tastin other peoples taste of music..usually it combines with my taste..the more i listen to others taste, the more understanding of music I have....I love wierd people too...i love thier music..for some reason...outcasts....
    test
  3. deadweather

deadweather ******

let me paint this out for you odd man..

lets say there are two people.

a smoker and a non-smoker who ocassionally/inadverdently inhales second hand smoke.

who would you rather preach the dangers of smoking to? the former or the latter?

do you see my point? To me hip hop is the most vulnerable, has the most problems, and is the most influential right now which is exactly why im so critical of it.

i'm not gonna rant about rock music being dangerous when its problems are not as severe as hip hop's and as garcia admitted.. hip hop has the biggest reach and is therefore the most influential.
    test
  4. Twisted ICP Cock

Twisted ICP Cock New Member

test
  5. deadweather

deadweather ******

g-unit is yay
    test
  6. Twisted ICP Cock

Twisted ICP Cock New Member

who the fuck listens to that shit
    test
  7. deadweather

deadweather ******

test
  8. Daniel Lawrence

Daniel Lawrence New Member

Alot of rock purist's I know don't even consider hip hop music. They think anyone can be a good rapper or make a ill beat. I personally listen to everything. Even though I don't think I'd admit this in the outside world, I even like some country music (for the lyrics). Ughhh. But I think someone who considers themselves a fan of good music from anywhere first is by far more open minded than a so called "hip hop" or "rock" head.
    test
  9. Odd Man Outt

Odd Man Outt President of the South

quit frontin...u were giggly as hell when that fight happened.

and you steady poppin all this image shit....in the end, is a murder any less important just becuz the image of rock aint as violent as hiphop's image?(according to u)....NO.You're talkin about the result of a fight or murder(the result being a tarnished image of a music genre).I'm talkin about the actual incidents

aint no tellin how many rock stars have died from bullshit...whether strung out on dope or suicide, being killed by their own fan, or some other shit.Not to mention all the fights between fans, and band members fightin each other

bottom line, its violence in both rock and rap....u shouldnt pick one over the other just becuz of a fuckin image
    test
  10. deadweather

deadweather ******

you're acting like i'm marking that day down on my calander and considering it a personal holiday. all i did was talk about it, i didnt fuckin sing praises about it like you so exagerate.
    stop graspin for air.
    test
  11. phenom2002

phenom2002 GET YA MAFUCKIN HANDS UP!

thats bullshit, rock has just as many songs promotiing violence and suicide as hip hop as promoting violence, and it has just as many violent events happen its just that hip hop has a scope on it because its the big money maker music wise.......you cant be serious
    test
  12. deadweather

deadweather ******

what songs are these?
    test
  13. phenom2002

im not goin threw a gang of songs, but theres one that this big ass white dude used to get head sprung too on my team "let the bodies hit the floor".....favian you know got damn well there thousands of rock songs that promote violence, suicide, and drug use, get out of your biggot mind set........i can go get a list of thousands of songs but i wont cuz you know just as well as me there is
    test
  14. Maurkadi

Maurkadi Well-Known Member

Marilyn Mason was accused of the columbine shit... and rock is most definitely heavy
    on the suicide shit
    test
  15. phenom2002

^^^violence and drug use as well.......but you cant argue with a biggot, they feel everything they like, do, feel, think, is right and just
    test
  16. deadweather

deadweather ******

phenom, u know i have good intentions, we've had talks..
    but i'm not going to defend violent rock songs. You're right its wrong, but everytime i turn on the radio i never hear any violent rock songs, and i dont have a single violent rock song on my computer. There have been violent rock songs, however for the most part, its died down

(by the way, the song you named is godawful).. however, everyone in this thread has talked about how hip hop is the biggest money maker, the chart topper, and has the biggest audience. so..

So hip hop, having the reach and scope that it has, wouldnt it be more damaging and harmful than rock? Hip hop has transformed into a violent artfrom with songs that sing praises to guns "my buddy" and "new york"

-got a hundred guns, a hundred clips, ~~~~~ I'm from New York

come on.
    test
  17. deadweather

deadweather ******

the key word being accused (falsely)

and stop using 80s stereotypes and applying it to modern rock, cuz nobody fucking suicides. When's the last time you heard someone actually doing that?

Those kids shot up the school because they got their asses beat by jocks and they were pissed. idiot.
    test
  18. deadweather

deadweather ******

after reading my last two posts phenom, please take a look at the current top 40 list at the new york rock station krock.

http://krockradio.com/krockmusic/

none of those songs contain any violent or offensive lyrical content. So Maurkadi, kill the sterotype. That shit u said may have been true in the 80s, but that was two decades ago.
    test
  19. Maurkadi

Maurkadi Well-Known Member

lmao@ you telling me to stop denying stereotypes
    '
    bitch stop denying rock music is just as violent and suicidal than hip hop....
    test
  20. deadweather

deadweather ******

lmao @ your PATHETIC comeback. holy shit, not only did i just prove that rock is not more violent than hip hop, i gave examples and cited sources, you're making assumptions based on your own stupid stereotypes. I can prove name many hip hop songs in recent memory that are dripping in violence, and the only violent rock song named thus far is a 6 year old song "bodies hit the floor"

n1gga please.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.