Isnt God egoistic self-centered prick?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Geedorah, Jun 17, 2013.

1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

I honestly can say both sides have a point...

God did seem egocentric in his ten commandents

Nus right tho. Muslim god christian god jewish god pantheistic god with all definition hes beyond defining.

It. I mean. Our definition thru words n text is nothing in comparison to god..

Bibles qurans torahs they are guides for certain people..

But if u love god, youd be pissed off if some one talked about ur god.

So I can see why both sides are pissed.

God is everything imo. Good n evil are his qaulities he taketh away and giveth
    test
  2. Geedorah

Geedorah King

You didnt answer my first 2 questions in first post.
    Im trying to understand why people are religious and believe in this God and not that God.
    Im not throwing insults.
    test
  3. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

but you answered your own question with that.

not everybody's "definition" of god is the same, right.

you'd be the closest to the truth when you say your god has no definition, because god is beyond comprehension.

:numaan:
    test
  4. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Thats why Im discussing God from the Bible.
    test
  5. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

but that's the thing, the bible has been changed over the years, there's so many different editions.

the god of jesus is my god. the god of moses is my god. the god of the universes is my god.

my god doesn't beget sons (current christian view), and my god doesn't wrestle against humans (jews).

i think as humans we don't have the sufficient vocabulary to define what god really is, so you win in that sense.

but my god has said the biggest sin is "shirk" - adjoining deities/partners with the one and only.

so if you think that's egotistical, go ahead, i'm not really going to stop you.

test
  6. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

you could call that egotistical. personally i'd say it's more insecure than anything else.
    test
  7. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

but on a human level, put yourself in "his" shoes.

you have children, you raise them, they grow up and decide to call someone else father - i'd be fucking pissed lol.

test
  8. reggie jax

yea, but humans have egos and are insecure.

the way i look at it is that he/she/it should be above wanting our approval/recognition.

to me this is an indication that these descriptions of god contain some projections from their human authors.
    test
  9. reggie jax

as an aside: how pissed can you honestly be when you never see your kids face to face and they genuinely don't know who their dad is?
    test
  10. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

this is a fair observation, but as a human i consider questioning the logic of god to be a little blasphemous.

hate me all you want, call me backwards or ignorant, but i do consider human intelligence to be very very limited.

from my view it's not about ego or being insecure, it's about having one central point of worship. i don't know, man.

it's not like he gains anything from our worship, it just helps us to console with the ugly realities of life.

when he asked satan to bow to adam, he didn't curse him because of shirk, but being arrogant about the self.

test
  11. reggie jax

that's fine, but if your seriously going to confront what i'm saying then you have to take into consideration the possibility that it's not actually god's logic. if you refuse to entertain the idea that the message in question isn't infallible then there's really nothing we can say to each other here.

so do i. i just have yet to come across a piece of god's wisdom that is above and beyond human intelligence.

then it shouldn't be a sin, it should just be advice.
    test
  12. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Well if your kids never saw you how will they know who to call father?
    test
  13. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i'm fine with everything you're saying, however i choose to follow the rules set out by who i believe to be the infinite.

so having said that, you can start your own religion with your own rules and own advice lol.

but that's not to say i've never questioned things in my religion, i have, but found answers.

i was speaking about a human level.

shit analogy, i know.

test
  14. reggie jax

i'm not asking you to stop following or believing whatever you want. my last response was a bit off point... i was just trying to say that the 'blasphemy'/'mysterious ways' response seems to me like a way to ignore the question.
    test
  15. reggie jax

here's a question. is there anything in any of the islamic texts that tells you not to question god's logic? or not try to understand god's logic in general?
    test
  16. Geedorah

Geedorah King

test
  17. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

yeah, i guess i'm just trying to be safe and not tread on such paths.

but i have questioned things like why can a muslim man marry non muslims, but not vice versa.

the answer i was given was the children carry the father's names, and it helps carry muslim lineage.

not really, if anything it always encourages us to seek more knowledge and read.

but i did find this verse in the qur'an, chapter 5, verse 101.
    the best thing i heard about reading the qur'an is to surrender and submit before reading.

to what? to the infinite, and the fact that human intelligence is very limited.

in that particular verse, the word used for "trouble" can mean "distress", "disappoint", "vex".

now we can't just take one verse and not study around the vocabulary behind it, or related stories.

for instance, when satan asked "why should i bow to adam", it wasn't the question that got him cursed.

it was the fact that he finished the question with "i am better than him, i am fire, he is clay".

another point to make is god didn't curse the angels for asking him a question either, as below.

so from this, i don't think it's discouraged in islam to ask questions, per se.

here, the angels directly questioned the logic of placing a human vicegerent on earth.

it's just my personal opinion, and the way i was raised not to question the logic or wisdom of god.

• +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

If you believe God is a male and human like I'd like y'all to imagine him pooping. Visualise his pooper.

Haha, too late, u've done it :D
    test
  19. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

no, my mind is not that weak.

our god is neither male or female, the word used for god (Allah) is a masculine word, which is why we say "He".

test
  20. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

what came first man or woman?
    test