Is This Really The Moment Of Truth.....You Decide... RSTL Tribune

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Omen, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omen

Omen O Luh Da Kids

WELCOME
    TO
    THE
    RSTL TRIBUNE
    OPENING STATEMENT

Here it is another week in the RSTL and its still is growing. Such a thrill to have so many people in the league. I hope the growth of the RSTL only continues and in time we are bigger than it has ever been. Seems each week more and more people are either returning or joining the league. But the growth is not entirely responsible from me; oh now, you the members have helped as well. With your talent, loyalty, and drive to make the league successful it is really you who makes the difference.

PROBLEMS. ISSUES. CHANGES.

Written by Solution

Once again, thankyou Omen for lettin me write yet another article for the
    Tribune.

Basically, Im just tackling a few minor issues/problems that I believe to be
    in the league currently. The first being something addressed by Tekneek this
    week in new emcee hookups, and also written on by Illweeman in this eedition
    of the tribune, so im just givin my personal opinion on this. The subject is
    who gets the higher rankin, people who climbin or those who jus returnin?
    My opinion is that the climbers should be given priority over returnin
    legends, the climbers are the ones who stick consistently with the league,
    and are the main reason the league keeps goin and doesn’t fall into complete
    depression. It’s all well and good Rstl legends comin and goin as they
    please, but they cant just expect to come and pick up where they left off,
    when they leave the league it affects the league so they must make a
    sacrifice.

One of the other matters I want to speak on is actually not a current
    problem or issue within the league, it’s a possible change I want to put
    forward. My idea is that the title matches should not have to follow
    selected Rstl topics, the 2 competitors in the championship battle each week
    should be able to come with there own original and unique topic. This way it
    will make title matches a lot more interesting, and make them stand out form
    the regular battles. I’ve already spoke to Omen about this and I will be
    discussin the subject further with him.

Last but not least, is the topic of, topics lol. This week newly appointed
    Mod Illweeman had to recycle previous weeks topics and make a lot up of his
    own, this is because despite you all consistently complainin about the
    topics you are given to work with, you still don’t give topic ideas in the
    previous weeks thread. The ‘Submit your topics thread’ is not there for
    show, so if you want better topics, you know what to do.

MOMENT OF TRUTH

Written By: TekNeek

There is no remorse or pity for the man I’m about to meet for the RSTL
    title. I have no love nor respect when it comes to being one step away from
    destination. SOLUTION is the only obstacle that stands in my way and ever
    since I returned back to RMC, this has been the only key focus in my mind.
    I chose to hold nothing back against ILLWEEMAN and L-DOGG in my 2 previous
    matches. I will be no different now. I care less of what SOLUTION has
    done, achieved, completed or fulfilled… it means nothing to me. I do not
    care about who is favored to win or who has a better chance. Statistics
    always seem to point the winner but this will not be about that. I am
    hungry… extremely hungry. Ever since I began this league, I’ve been
    dreaming of the day that I find myself where I’m at right now… and that day
    has come upon us. I’ve scoped upon each competitor head-on and refused to
    lose… and so far that’s what it has been. And for my losses that I’ve
    encountered, they are what they are…. The past.

There are many that have graced and withstood the intimidation of those who
    are in the RSTL. Many are skilled, clever, articulate, inspirational and
    gracious to the art of writing. But many who seen me in the past are
    skeptical… are unsure if that same skill is left at all in 2003 for TeKneeK.
    I have adjusted my sights to many things here in RMC, thus, fulfilling
    them all… and the RSTL crown is the next step for me. I incorporate
    everything I write about through my appreciation for the art of writing
    rhymes. I root my mind and my heart deep into what people want to read and
    what they appreciate reading. I always use that 1st hand before I ever
    write a rhyme… always.

I’ve seen many reach as champions and many who have flourished successfully
    into the hall of fame of writing. My eyes have been at watch for a time
    now, and the heart and soul I’m putting into this title match will be all
    that I can give into showing everyone what I must do and hope to accomplish.
    The RSTL is a coveted title because alike the RBL, it stands at the
    forefront of RMC and the many thousands of people that come to read and see
    what one individual is capable of doing. One person does make a difference,
    and that one difference can extract to many new things with an array of
    wonders, surprises and windows of opportunity.

You read my text avatar message, THE HEART AND SOUL OF RMC… given that title
    to me by many of the greatest to write here in this site. I never declared
    myself this title until it was known to me that more than 1 person agreed
    upon it. And with this title, I proudly face my chest forward and provide
    all of you who look for that one inspiration to keep watch on that person
    always.

My discovery, idea, creation of this league has opened a door for me to
    enter into and to give me the same chance that everyone else in this league
    was wanting… a chance to prove. My time away from this door opening has
    been long gone away from me… my time is now. I am at the entrance… I am one
    step away from entering and being where I want to be…. At the top.

The RSTL is my next stop…

And I will show nothing less than KEEN FOCUS and RESPONSIBILITY for setting
    my own fate in how I do against my opponent…

I MUST WIN.

I MUST FOCUS.

I will enter the door.
    test
  2. Omen

Omen O Luh Da Kids

INTERVIEW OF THE WEEK

AWEDISHIN
    Welcome Ladies and Gents to this weeks Talk Up the RSTL Session. Today we are here with none other than Awedishin. How are you today sir?
    Umm a little sore throat, a little tired, and hungry as hell (don't get any ideas about the fat jokes)....but other than that I'm good.Thanks
    What I wouldn't ever dream of cracking on fat jokes. Now you been back in the RSTL for about 4 weeks now or close to it anyways. Whats your opinion on the competition at this moment?
    actually there's some incredible new talent in there along with the old schoolers....I really love Author NYSE's talents...Shock is a good champion (although I Hate his guts lol).....Tek is back, Cig is holdin it down, Weezy is ranked real well, L Dogg is doin his thang.....and myself.....and of course cats like Unavailable, Hellrzah, Konvikt, all getting better week in and week out. Don't get me wrong, it's not like the days we had Peril, Black Jesus, Yourself, Jowelz, IV, IT, Tali, Frac, WW3, etc....but the RSTL is still doing great, and it never hurts to have some new faces doing their thing
    Agreed its always nice to see new talent enter the league. Now you mentioned you hated Solution. Where did that stem from?
    you know he used to be pretty cool, a couple years back, but now he has this overexaggerated ego that, honestly, needs to be crushed so he can bring himself back down to reality. He already calls himself a legend in the league, and well, *chuckle*, I can name about 10 people (at least) who would certainly beg to differ. Shock's a pretty good writer, but his helium induced "stuck on myself" attitude will be his downfall, and he'll eventually slip back into nothingness like he has been for a couple years now. I don't keep beef with kids on the net cuz it's pretty stupid, but I will speak my opinion whenever I feel that it needs to be spoken.
    Yes an honest opinion is always better than none. Personally I feel. With that said are you looking forward to facing Solution again in weeks to come.?
    Oh yes, I would love nothing more than to have my chance at revenge. ESPECIALLY in the title match. Honestly I don't see that happening though, simply because Author is right there on his heels, and should Shock manage to beat Tekneek, I don't think he'll be champ much longer than that.
    Yes I have noticed that AN is moving up quite quick and doesn't seemed to be fazed by the opponents he's put up against. Are you looking forward to possibly facing him along with some others in the league?
    Of course, I'd love to go up against some of the newer talent just to see if I still have what it takes. Pistol said I was the first one to beat him in a topical match, so I dunno. I genuinely appreciate a good match against a great writer. That's why I loved facing Jowelz aka Turby so much, because I knew that in the end, no matter what result, the fans would be enthused and the verses would be incredible. It seems as if I don't step it up like I should every week, and I plan on trying to become more consistent with my writing. Tek called me on it, I really am entirely too emotional with my writing, and I let my own life override my talent to write. It shows in my verses from week to week. Anywho, I got off on a tangent there. I'd like my chance to face Author, which has high potential of happening soon....
    So you feel your road to the title these next few weeks will be a easy task?
    nah, it's never an easy task. The closer you get, the more people are out to get you. Weezy will be a lot harder than he himself thinks, he's an damn good writer when he comes with it. After that, it'll be #1 contendor match (if I beat Weez) and I'm not exactly sure who's in line to be there with me, but it won't be easy by any means. And then it would be the title match, which by then could be either Shock, Tek, Author, Cig, any one of them, and they are all very talented, so I'm sure if anything it won't be easy. It will be fun though
    Nice to see you don't take credit from anyone like most do in the RSTL. But you seem like a determined man. Is their anything that has contributed to that determination?
    Well, I've been mad lazy for months upon months lately, doing nothing but working and hanging out with my girl. Then my girl went crazy (as they often times do) and turned into a jackass, so now all I have is work, and it's kinda depressing. I got away from what I love to do, and that's write. Honestly when I signed back in I didn't think I would last cuz I didn't really feel it, I was sort of pressured into it. Now that I'm back, I've redeveloped my hunger and I'm not one to waste my time hanging around in the 5-15rank range, It's gotta be all or nothing. I'm pretty inspired lately because Life has dealt me some interesting cards (to put it nicely) and I intend to fully utilize my growth experiences for my own benefit, one way or another. So maybe it will be writing stories
    Well placing your emotion into your writing and focusing it all into it can help to benefit. Life is not always easy. But as I can tell you are pressed for time. So is there any final words you would like to say to the people of the RSTL?
    ure. Good luck to everyone, keep doing your thing. Remember, writing is one of your few freedoms that no one can stop you from doing. Don't hold back. Being 25 years old I can tell you life only gets harder and more stressful than you'd ever imagined, and if you let it bottle up you'll go nuts. It happens to the best of us. Keep it on paper, posts, Microsoft Word, the Microphone, whatever you do. I wanna see these kids keep getting better. I wanna see a new champ, only to lose to an old champ. I wanna see some of the old schoolers come back, only to lose to the new schoolers. I wanna see this league last forever. I was one of the founding fathers, from week 1. I was in 20 something weeks straight before I took a break, and I want that kind of dedication from everyone. The RSTL is strictly living off of the amazing talent held within these 50 line verses. Shock good luck with your title run, I'll see you soon homie.
    Niceness. Well thanks for the interview and your time
    Thank you O......stay up dog, keep doing the damn thing. You hold it down incredibly. .

test
  3. Omen

Omen O Luh Da Kids

TOP 10

Written By: Cigma

Championship Match

1. Dahlohner 26-9 vs. 2. Solution 7-1

After barely pulling out a win in last weeks match, the RSTL defending champion (took him long enough) Dahlohner found himself faced with stiff competition from Solution, who was looking to make his vow of winning the title in 10 weeks a reality. Riding high from his victory, Dahlohner, although claiming not to feel any of the topics this week, proceeded to tell the tale of a Mexican worker and tragedy seen through his eyes, filled with a dazzling rhyme pattern and well narrated story. Solution chose the topic of having a chance to relive two weeks of his life, and told the tale of a man who gets a reprieve from death by sacrificing his wife, utilizing some good flow, narration and format. After starting 2-1 Solution, Dahlohner’s verse turned off many of the voters (I still don’t see why), and the landslide commenced. After the final tally solution took the title with a vote of 8-2.

2. TekNeek 22-4 vs. 4. L Dogg 11-3

It seemed everyone had their eyes on this battle, with L Dogg having brought fire in last weeks win, and Tekneek poised to have a shot a title if he came through. Tekneek who helped create the RSTL, was considered by some a failure, for never having worn the belt in his own league. With numerous…numerous… “I must wins,” Tek came prepared. L Dogg dropped first using the topic of a penis’s life. A comical joint, L came up with some clever lines and great narration, talking from the view of a penis at the end of its life (lol) and its regret and reflection about how it first started down this path. Tekneek brought another piece written to a Nas beat, which had some sick flow and imagery, using the topic of dealing with rage (that was me!) and how his character dealt with it. A vivid story with a good pace. After all the votes were in, Tekneek stood victorious with a 9-3 showing.

5. Author NYSE 9-0 vs. 6. LiquidLife 9-0

A battle of the unbeaten, this match also had the spotlight shining down upon it. With both competitors seeking to keep their perfect records this match turned out 2 of the better verses for the week. Both elected to go with the same topic…telling a tragedy from the eyes of a child. Oddly enough both also had similar tales of wayward mothers. Liquid came with a short, but extremely efficient and poignant verse of a mother that was raped and told through the eyes of the developing child inside, who also happened to be a drug addict who was killing the child slowly. NYSE came with a strong narrative, covering a disturbing story of a child as he watches his mother drown his siblings and is killed himself. A story told with strong description and an easy writer’s voice NYSE effectively brought the readers into the baby’s world. After starting out with a vote for Liquid, things took a turn and NYSE emerged victorious with a final count of 11-4. This was the battle of the week IMO based on the strengths of verses.

7. Dr Phlow 14-4 vs. 8. Cigma 15-4

Dr. Phlow returns to the league after a long hiatus pitted against Cigma, who also just recently returned. Electing to you use the topic of a man whose daughter is hit by a bullet instead of him, Cigma crafts a well told story, filled with imagery and a high degree of craftsmanship. The story begins with the character in self reflection, then is thrown into the moment when his daughter is hit, and we follow his mind state throughout the ordeal, towards the end, where the twist isn’t on if the daughter lives, but who the gunman was. Dr. Phlow told the story of a being dwelling on Earth, cast from the source, as he watches the progress of the human race. Although a short piece, it boasted a liquid rhyme scheme with complex vocabulary, yet ends the abruptly with a message to all the readers, to reevaluate what’s important. This was a classic example of story vs. topical and in the end the voters sided with Cigma 5-2.

9. Pistol Grip 7-1 vs. 10. Awedishin 28-10

Suffering a defeat at the hands of Solution in the previous week, Awedishin was ready to bounce back with a win over Pistol Grip. Pistol Grip, facing one of the most prominent writers in the league was hoping to kill a giant. Awedishin also elected to go with the topic of having 2 weeks of your life back to redo, except took it from a different slant. The character goes through a list of all the things that happened to him in the past weeks, saying what’d he do differently, told with great description…in the end the readers find out he is on death row for these very same acts, reciting his last words. Pistol Grip, surprised many with a good showing, telling an interesting tale of shadow that escapes his master, filled with good wordplay and craftsmanship, yet lacking enough detail in some areas to overpower Awe’s verse. Awe gets what he was looking for, a resounding shut out 8-0.
    test
  4. Omen

Omen O Luh Da Kids

TOP 10 VERSES
    Written By: Camber

10. INTEX

Intex has been on quite the tear as of late. Stacking wins every week it seems. Rocking the 'feel for anger' topic, INTEX came intenseand graphic. The pure description was captivating, but the flow and all around rhyme scheme added to it gave it quite the visionary feel.

9. Liquidlife

Short but sweet. Liq' came with a well thought out and solid story line which gave his piece an all around backbone to support the verse. Imagery was crystal clear and he found himself experimenting with multis which simply added feeling and flow to his verse, well done.

8. Illweeman

A story teller's materpiece. Illweeman transformed a bland topic into a lyrical movie. Resembling Alive, Weeman gave a spectacular tale of a man in a plane crash who was forced to eat dead passengers until he was rescued, the imagery combined with spectacular flow and multis made this piece a treat to read.

7. Phenom87

Working with the 'Resentful Shadow' topic. Phenom described the anger felt by the shadow and the eventual escape, however, the story took a brilliant twist when the shadow turned to AZ and the man turned to Nas. Pheinom's flow and imagery and those to be reckoned with, but his simple storyline and ideas are what really hold this author's attention and convince me that he will be champion one day.

6. Ninth Wonder

Transforming the topic of chess into a living game, Ninth took the topic, added his trademark flow and rhyme scheme and produced a high quality verse. The sheer originality of this piece made it a pleasure to read and ensured his destiny to become a contender in the RSTL in weeks to come.

4.TekNeek

Taking the topic of 'Anger', Tek used vivid multis, spectacular flow and precise word choice to allow his verse to somewhat speak for itself, showing that yes, tek is back, and yes, he's coming for that title. Watch out Solution.

5. L Dogg

Straying from his usual soulful and deep topics, L Dogg went the route of comedy this past week. Although the topic looked beginner, L Dogg brought his veteran flow and creativity to make this a good read for any competitor, new and old.

3. DahLohner

Using spectacular imagery, DahLohner somewhat came with his own topic of a 'Witness To A Tragic Event'. While some may say Dah's verses are an aqquired taste, those who understood it knew it was one hell of a verse and Dah will be back to reclaim his title soon enough.

2. Cigma

Poetic yet realistic. Cigma once again used flow and imagery as his tools to craft himself another win, and certify himself back in the run for the illusive RSTL championship.

1. solution!

Solution came with an interesting approach to the topic, with lovely imagery and conversation between his protagonist and Death. This verse took the RSTL title for Solution with an amazing story, beautiful imagery, and of course, effort.
    test
  5. Omen

Omen O Luh Da Kids

PLACING PANDEMONIUM
    Written By: ILLWeeMan

Yes, this week may be of the most hectic weeks to come here in the RSTL, as
    the MODS of the RSTL face a problem in the rankings of this week's
    contestants. We found out earlier, not only the mass amount of newcomers to
    the league, but most of them have records in which feel they are to be
    placed in the rank that suits their win point average. Now, this problem
    has persisted through a long period of time for the league, but this week
    may be the worst. We had about 30+ signins for this week's matchups.

Although this is a great thing for the league, more coming to compete, this
    also is a hassel on the individual doing the RSTL Rankings this week, which
    was done by TeKneeK. This week's list has 11, 11.5, 12, 12.5 etc. ... which
    means people are in between ranks causing the following week to have alot of
    upset people. Even though people lost last week, they might've moved up a
    few ranks due to the .5 System. And others, if victorious, made a jump of
    about 6-9 places in the rankings, and that's too much of a rise in rank due
    to one week, one win. But is there something we can do so that the
    contestants benefit from their wins, and not the newcomers/returning
    contestants?

Yes! There may be some way of doing so, yet it's a little farfetched. Me
    and TeKneeK, former RSTL Moderator, we're talking on that good ol' AIM about
    these new sign-ins, and should there be a rule against them, yet benefiting
    the already contending competitors? This was later thought out as a very
    farfetched idea, but I'll get into that now. 'What will this new rule be,'
    you ask?

It's very simple, but as I said before, farfetched as well. This idea will
    benefit the already contending in the RSTL by not allowing the
    sign-ins/newcomers to be placed in the rankings, but start off on the
    bottom. This can be a good idea, but at the same time a few negative things
    may spring up from it. What are the bad and good things ..?

Well, let's start off with the good news. The best thing that can spring up
    from this is that the newcomers can have a chance to prove themselves from
    the bottom, making their way up to the top again. This will also, in a
    likely note, give them the wins they want. As you may know, most of the
    lesser skilled are not in the top 10, so the "vets" to the RSTL may be able
    to walk over these "newbies" to the RSTL, so that may be a good thing for
    them. They also won't have to spend as much time that's needed for the Top
    10 foresay, because their opponent "won't be that good." Although you
    shouldn't underestimate no one, and always come top parr, I doubt a first
    time RSTLanian can beat TeKneeK, L Dogg, Turb, or IV (Not in any order, plus
    more to be named, but you get the point.) With every good thing, there is a
    bad thing, or in this case ... More Than One.

The Top Priority for the RSTL MODS is to try and keep as many people in the
    league as possible, and this new idea may encourage no showers to never come
    back, and we need you people!! For example, say someone no shows in the
    match of 5. vs. 6., this person MUST come back in 2 weeks, just to start
    over in the ranks, which is now about 60 or so. Then, to get back in the
    original spot before no showing, he/she has to win every match for about 8
    weeks, maybe more. That's time wasting, alot of verses, and who's to say
    that he/she won't no show again? So that's one problem. Another problem
    may consist of letting the lesser-skilled people in the RSTL be higher
    ranked, due to the little contestants left if the first problem gets that
    bad. This will give the RSTL a few things. A Bad name, not enough skill
    for a tourney, and a constant champion. There's nothing wrong with holding
    the title for a few weeks, but more than 2 months of holding it while you
    wait for competition to come up in the ranks near you? That's bull shit.

So yes, this idea will NOT be going into effect due to the fact that too
    much negative can be brought up. And to think, one, simple idea can be made
    into a massacre of a league.

I Thank you for your time in reading Placing Pandemonium.
    FINAL STATEMENT

That’s its it a nut shell. This weeks Tribune is done, and its only as huge as you make it. With everyone who contributes to bring to you the tribune and everyone who contributes by offering insight, ideas, and with just viewing the Tribune. We as a league continue to grow not only in size but in voting, contributions, and with our writing. Each week in the league I watch as every writer grows more inept in honing their craft. In some way, maybe the smallest of ways, you as a writer are growing. Thank you to everyone. Continue to elevate and G’Luck to everyone in their match this week.
    This has been a:

OMENIVOROUS PRODUCTION
    test
  6. LeeHarveyOswald

LeeHarveyOswald I Rape Children

youve done it again guyd

gjob
    test
  7. Honey Boo

Honey Boo ...MIA...

yeah..that would have been a gay idea to implement...
    test
  8. FortiFied Killa

FortiFied Killa New Member

Very nice edition, amazing job
    test
  9. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

nice as always... seen my name mentioned a few times so thanks a bunch for that.. its always an honer to be noticed :) ill help out on next weeks tribune an keep it real with yall..

good luck to sol an tek in tha champ match... along with everyone else :)
    test
  10. Omen

Omen O Luh Da Kids

thanks everyone
    test
  11. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Sorry again lol, u know what I mean omen. Lovely mag, nice article by tek and the interview with awe was enlightning. Always glad to take a peek into the minds of our peeps.
    test
  12. solution!

solution! shockgod

interestin..

it seems everyone is out to get me now...but i appreciate and respect your words mac..and i look forward to hopefully seein you soon in a title match...

tek..i been talkin shit in hook ups..merely to hype the battle..verses are up now..no more talkin...

thnx to O for letitn me give my words of wisdom..

and altho i've been in the top10 verses since i signed in the league..i thank camber for givin me my first number 1 ranked verse..

goodjob to everyone who helped put this together..especially Omen..you doin a great job..
    test
  13. solution!

solution! shockgod

i'll be back to comment specifically on some of the points raised by the writers.
    test
  14. DipSet

DipSet New Member

dope....interview was my favorite part

peace
    test
  15. Phenom87

Phenom87 Blackhanders Stand Up

7. Phenom87

Working with the 'Resentful Shadow' topic. Phenom described the anger felt by the shadow and the eventual escape, however, the story took a brilliant twist when the shadow turned to AZ and the man turned to Nas. Pheinom's flow and imagery and those to be reckoned with, but his simple storyline and ideas are what really hold this author's attention and convince me that he will be champion one day.

dam thanks for tha props wit sayin u think i'll be future champ...honestly tho i dont share ur feelings on it i personally think just about everyone in tha top 10 would merk me...but whatever still appreciate tha kind words and my 4th top 10 out of 6 weeks in tha league (fucked up tha other 2 weeks w/ tha topic or it might've been every week!)

dope mag as always O, props to all tha writers who contributed
    test
  16. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

This is why I cameinto the league and why I love it...

SOL - no beef.. jus hype thas all... me and PERIL did it back inda day...

beatufiul mag done....

hard work achieved mods!!!!
    test
  17. Mac Flow

Mac Flow Die

word nice tribune again homies
    test
  18. BrEaK-PoInT

BrEaK-PoInT New Member

as always, tight mag enjoyed every bit of it.

Break
    test
  19. Omen

Omen O Luh Da Kids

Thanks Everyone...

I need this for next week

1. Artiecle

2. Article

3. Top 10 Verses

I already have the other positions filled.. if I have talked to you about doing somthing than you know who you are and your still doing it..ie: L Dogg and Konvikt
    test
  20. LeeHarveyOswald

LeeHarveyOswald I Rape Children

just chill man, im confident youl get your shot in a couple weeks
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.