Is there still a 2 poem rule?

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by 49th Prophet, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 49th Prophet

49th Prophet Dark Magic Inferno

^^^

Actually since we all started discussing this I have seen a few more poeple replying to lots more work, there are still the sleepers of course, but I think I have seen a slight improvement in the realm
    test
  2. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

Now back to what I as sayin about the Realm Govt. It should start out as an experiment to see if it would work. The Mods would be like the poloticians and whatnot. And we the Poets would be like the people...We would decide what happens and what goes and whatnot. Depending on the amount of Active Mods, depending on what we do or dont do.

We could form Party's/Groups and have to be loyal to those, but in the same sense, we would be opening up a whole other forum almost like the battle board if you wanna go on some extreme shit. Because we could rally up with our favorite poets and see who could come up with the best concepts and whatnot, and even have the middle class/mutual class that directs and decides who's the victor at the end of it all. We could even have it based around themes and whatnot, the poems that is. We could have a theme picked, and all work has to be based around that, and the winners get control of the board for a week or something like that. It would bring some excitment to the Realm and we would also get some new blood in here...

Anyway, take it into consideration...
    test
  3. 49th Prophet

Who determines the beginning and the end of the experiment? If there is to be a "realm govt" I say there should be poets who arent mods in the "politcal campain" as well, I mean if Arnold can Govern Cali then poets who arent mods can surely be nominated, its their right for living in a free country. And suppose rules are implemented, no matter what they are, how are people going to be forced to follow them? Is this the 1957 Soviet Union? and are these "groups" to be like the warsaw pact? because I can see it happening. Formed as an alliance of sorts, yet dispanding when the Iron Wall collapses. I speak as a poet when I say that poetic independence is a damn good thing. How in the hell are the classes going to be decided? Is this Poetry Realm survivor? The winners get control of the board for a week? Yeah lets all pray that MADDRAPPER and his type dont somehow get into the winning group then its a fuckin wack crisis. And are we to vote on the "president" of this govt? I definitely think there could be a plus to having some control in a govt type of fashion, just as long as it doesnt turn into a dictatorship, what if people become drunk with power? Your reply to someones piece isnt longer than a sentence so your thread gets locked? All I can say is good fuckin luck to who ever thinks they can organize anything like this.

peace
    test
  4. Dark_Angel

Dark_Angel Dark_Angel

whoa, seems like a real uprising happening...i sense change in the air lol
    test
  5. Xero Satsujin

You've got good and valid points, lets over throw the mods and nominate some "NORMS" the job of running things...It would take time and connections and resources to go about such a task, and whatever becomes of this govt. then so be it, that's just the way things are. If it crumbles at the slightest sign of weakness, then you know that you in the wrong group. To enforce things a little better, we could always have people subscribing to threads and whatnot, and if they dont follow the rules, then yes, their threads should be terminated...And you dont actually have to have a president, maybe just a council or whatever of the majority rules. And as far as the Whack Maddrapper is concerned, the poets can decide who to let into their party and who not to, and he could even be one of the onlookers. As far as poetic independence goes, this isnt about controlling the poetry, but expanding the minds of those willing to go into this process. It isnt about telling you what you can and cant write, but showing and teaching that we can work together and converge on one single idea. Even if not just one idea, then multiple, or whatever you want to write about. Orginizations isn't necessarily going to come about, but some sort of order should be established. And for those who dont like it, they dont have to go along with it, continue to post in the realm.

Positive...Energy...Activates...Constant...Elevation...P.E.A.C.E.
    test
  6. 49th Prophet

I think you should change your name to Rasputin, I'll be back later with my thoughts
    test
  7. Xero Satsujin

^^^Wow, :MattMan_f not a bad idea...Darigaz The Igniter would suffice though...Return with your thoughts, I'll still stand here, :lol:
    test
  8. 49th Prophet

It would be nice to be able to see a non-mod poet be candidate but whats the point? You need power to use power, and with no power to control shit a non-mod would be disregarded. And these groups, how is every person in the group suppoesed to agree on the same people to let into the group? Is there going to be a draft of some sort? And as for expanding minds...there are the writer's challenge and write to this pic sticky's up to do this, besides not everyone is going to agree on a topic. So is this to be a competition? And those who dont want to do it, the ones who will continue to post in the realm (given that thay arent sleepers) will bring us back to where we are now to begin with...the people who want to write on a dedicated topic do so in the sticky's, and those who dont just keep posting in the realm. However if a whole new forum were to surface, as you suggested earlier, it may turn everything around...but face it, there isnt going to be a new forum based on the thoughts of a handful of poets. No matter what is done, in the end we will only wind up where we started at...unless there is anybody who can prove me wrong.
    test
  9. TrufDXaggerator

TrufDXaggerator New Member

Well let me warm up by saying its a game of respect...ive seen from experience if i reply to lik the whole page its alot easier to keep up....but when i dont feedback i get overwhelmed by it. It really shouldnt be dis deep.And im almost shocked it has cus truf fully if anyone is willing to put their thoughts and emotions on a page then they deserve feedback...on the other hand those who do get feedback should really be happy wit wut they get cus nobody is better than anybody and shouldnt expect their thread to be on fire jus apreciate urself letting emotions out for ur own vent and BE HAPPY. dats jus my OPINION
    test
  10. TrufDXaggerator

Oh yeah we're starting to look like the Open mic forums...WHICH IS SAD :(
    test
  11. 49th Prophet

I agree with that, and thats why I appreciate every reply I get, either if I get alot or just a few Im happy with the ones I get....

But I have to disagree that this is starting to look like the open mic forum's, we are discussing different ideas and points of views and while in open mic its all "get off a ******'s dick", "shits wack", "shut the fuck up, you dont like my shit lets battle", at least here most people take criticism constructively, there's no internet mc's (and I do know that there are real mc's who drop) spittin weak disses at someone who didnt like their flow. I'm an mc and I used to post in open mic and I can say from experience, that in this sense, poetry realm isnt like open mic.

But thats just my thoughts...

much love

peace
    test
  12. TrufDXaggerator

yeah im sayin on letting so many pieces get slept on cus when i posted in open mic i never got replys cus everyone was constantly postin and never replyin.
    but yeah i hear wut u sayin.
    Holla
    test
  13. 49th Prophet

aaaahhhhh....

Im feelin you on that one, I took what you said about this turning into open mic a whole different way, I thought you meant cuz of all the shit we talking about....but I do see your point about being slept on, we can't let that shit happen yo
    test
  14. TrufDXaggerator

Yeah Thanx 49th, i would also like to second or wutever dat two post a week rule it would mos def be a good thing.
    I Have Nuthin To Lose So I Speak The TRUF
    test
  15. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

wtf [funny]
    test
  16. Xero Satsujin

You've got a good damn point...I'll get back to that too...I aint got time right now to sit and talk about what's going on with this whole "GOVT." thing, but when I do, I'll be back...but Stubbs has a good point over here with that...anybody else think differently? I am always open for debate, I can be reached on AIM at almost any given time of the night at Xero Satsujin...so yeah, get at me there...peace...
    test
  17. MURDERGHOST

MURDERGHOST New Member

....i'm new here......

and out of respect....... i don't flood up poetry boards....

shit....i haven't even shared any of my work yet......

i reply to poems.....i love to read other's thoughts....

i never heard of a "two poem rule"..... but it seems like a good idea......

because i've gone to other boards......where.....you got motherfuckers posting......12 poems in a roll.... pushing everyone's work back...and on top of that... the motherfuckers don't ever reply to other poet's work.......

that is awful.......

much respect....
    sika......
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.